Samsung TV issue

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by 71chevellejohn View Post
    The tech should tell you at the time of scheduling that you are responsible for having the TV in a serviceable position. Hanging on the wall is not a serviceable position.

The manufacturer didn't mount it on the wall, they give you the option to mount it if you see feel like it. It's not mandatory. Gasoline is mandatory to be able to use the car.
    You can rest assured that Elvis will be in a serviceable position.

Comment

I'm actually surprised all of those haven't been repaired already. i was repairing them 3-4 years ago for that problem.

Even more surprised that Samsung is still offering a concession for them.

Originally posted by BradM View Post
      You can rest assured that Elvis will be in a serviceable position.
      When is he not?

Comment

Originally posted by Magnus View Post
        GOD DAMNIT! I got a samsung plasma from someone awhile back that i planned to repair, never got around to it and just chunked it a couple months ago. It's one of the models listed.
        Fucks.
        Karma is a bitch

Comment

Originally posted by 71chevellejohn View Post
          The tech should tell you at the time of scheduling that you are responsible for having the TV in a serviceable position. Hanging on the wall is not a serviceable position.

The manufacturer didn't mount it on the wall, they give you the option to mount it if you see feel like it. It's not mandatory. Gasoline is mandatory to be able to use the car.
          In my opinion its an option to have it as a table top or to mount it. Not my problem it broke.
          I was making a point on the gas because my 09 GT had a problem with the fuel pump and they told me to bring it back when it was near empty. I told them to go fuck themselves in a nice way of course. The car is fucked up, fix it, if its full of fuel or 1/4 of a tank, tough shit remove the gas or whatever not my problem.

Seems to me like anything else customer service is about excuses not repair what needs to be repaired but to make excuses an attatch asteriks instead. Like Jluv siad, it takes a few seconds and is easy, than do your job homeskillet.
          Originally posted by Silverback
          Look all you want, she can't find anyone else who treats her as bad as I do, and I keep her self esteem so low, she wouldn't think twice about going anywhere else.

Comment

Originally posted by Rick Modena View Post
            Unless they tell me something at the time they schedule the repair, im not doing it. They sell the TV so it can be a table top or mounted to a wall. If I mount it and it breaks, why should I have to remove it to fix their broken TV.

Thats like buying a car and the fuel pump goes out in tank and they want you to remove the gas, fuck that.
            Someone is having a bad day. ??

Comment

I fixed two Vizo's last month that had a hard time turning on. After a trip to Radio Shack and two dollars later, they work great. Just a simple capacitor fix.

Comment

Originally posted by 01vnms4v View Post
                Someone is having a bad day. ??
                Yesterday, I got some bad news and its lingering into today.
                Look all you want, she can't find anyone else who treats her as bad as I do, and I keep her self esteem so low, she wouldn't think twice about going anywhere else.

Comment

I'm glad you agree that it is your option to mount it or leave it on its manufacturer-provided stand. The manufacturer isn't paying the tech/shop any extra because you decided you wanted your TV on the wall or the ceiling.

The majority of TVs are installed where it only takes a minute to uninstall. It's the minority that fucks it up for the rest of them. You're basing your thoughts on how your TV is mounted - most likely done right and trouble free.

I have seen TVs that were about to fall off the wall because they were mounted(professionally or not) by people who had no idea what they were doing. There are also mounts out there which require brand specific tools/keys to unlock the mount to dismount the set. These tools are normally lost by the customer or taken by the installer.

I have also been in homes where the TV was mounted 10ft in the air which requires two people(sometimes 3) atop ladders to get it down. Or the use of a scissor lift- who's paying for that? The manufacturer isn't. The shop/tech isn't going to eat that cost. So it puts it on the customer to either take it down themselves or pay someone to take it down.

Regarding the money on a warranty call;
                  Most likely that repair pays ~$100. That includes the tech, the truck, the insurance, the tools and the overhead at the shop. Now, if the tech has to bring a second person along there went any trace of profit. Now, if there is an incident involving the mount/dismount of the TV - the shop is in the hole.

What it really comes down to is that the consumer electronics repair industry doesn't pay for shit. It's why we have shrunk that section of the business and moved on to more lucrative endeavors.

With all that said, I have assisted plenty of customers in taking down their TV to get it fixed and re-installing it when I'm done.

EDIT- I'm not responding just to push your buttons. Just trying to explain the other side of the coin.

Comment

How old is your tv Paul? I have a Samsung too

Comment

Just for the record, my 60 inch Plasma is on a table top. It cost too much to hang on a wall and its like over a 150lbs.

And I took my car in with a full tank of gas, not on purpose, but because the light only came on when it was full or near full and they have to see the gauge fucking up and a SES/CEL came on.

Comment

150lbs. is nothing.

We mounted a 103" Plasma a few years ago.. it was over 500 lbs. I hope we never have to work on it!

Comment

Just for the record, my 60 inch Plasma is on a table top. It cost too much to hang on a wall and its like over a 150lbs.

Ninj, you know people. Cost isn't an issue. Buy a mount and I'll hang it.

Comment

I have a 35" "big screen" in my office that was bought to watch superbowl 27. It's pretty heavy.

Comment

And I took my car in with a full tank of gas, not on purpose, but because the light only came on when it was full or near full and they have to see the gauge fucking up and a SES/CEL came on.

$20.96
                              GIFSoup

Comment

Originally posted by ELVIS View Post
                                so our 52 inch would not turn on a couple of days ago, so i did some digging on the web and found that there was a class action suit against Samsung for capacitors. well my model is one of them and they are coming out next week to fix it. basically what i gathered is a 10v cap was used vs. a 12v and everytime you try to turn on the tv the 10v is at its max, thus causing premature failure of the cap. as of now the tv just make a click every time you try to power on but the screen does nothing. if you can get it to cut on it works fine. if you have the same issue just call the # thats on this site and they will schedule a repairman to come and fix it. i am responsible for unmounting the tv from the wall. im almost positive i will drop and shatter the tv after he replaces the cap and in the end be left with a still broken tv.

Discover the latest in electronic & smart appliance technology with Samsung. Find the next big thing from smartphones & tablets to laptops & tvs & more.

god bless.
                                I've got a 40" LCD that's doing that. The capacitor clicks several times, then it turns on. I'm going to have to call...I appreciate the info!

Comment

Working...
                                X