No announcement yet.

Is America headed for another Great Depression in the next 5 to 10 years

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I asked my grandpa, who has been gone now for many years .

What was it like during the depression ? He was a basic man, farmed a small farm and was a full time blacksmith

He said, well ..

There was no Tv to watch, the radio didn't mention it much , the newspapers didn't report on it hourly ..so, once a day if you had time, you might spend a few minutes reading some news

So, we never really paid allot of attention to it . My family was well fed, we bought new cars I think 4 times during it and a pickup once

Customers paid their bills in time

I didn't throw my money away and I just kept working

Comment

Originally posted by oldguysrule View Post
      yes. The world is coming to an end.

Comment

Buy guns and ammo. Soon those will be the most priceless commodities.

Comment

Originally posted by SEB View Post
          Im not the smartest guy and I know im not. But I know when oldtimers are telling me Heads up Sebastian. Shit is about to get rough. I wonder why they would put that fear in me at their old age.
          Old people nearly always say times used to be better.

Comment

Originally posted by The King View Post
            Old people nearly always say times used to be better.
            except when it came time to walk to school....then it was up hill thru the snow blah blah blah

Comment

Considering that the Great Depression didn't get worse until the govt stepped in & the progressives brought in The New Deal. Some economists are saying now that it's been studied in a historical context that the ND made the depression worse & made it last longer by about 10 yrs than it should have.

If the govt would step out of the way, the people of the US would get us back on track. However, the progressives (which both the Repubs & Dems are replete with) think that the govt should regulate & run everything. This is going to fuck our economy worse than it already is. They obviously haven't studied much history!

What we need to do is go to either a flat tax or just a sales tax that every single person would pay. This would bring in more money than the system we have now. Look up Arthur Laffer, he can explain this in a very plain, easy to understand manner.

Also, the debt we are racking up from China is going to fuck us good! Russia and China are going to bump the dollar from the position of the world standard which is going to finish of the devaluation & inflation that is headed our way.

If the Fed govt doesn't stop borrowing & spending & start to make some major cuts as well as clean up the tax code to one of the ideas listed above, & stop monitizing the debt we already have we are in for a majorly fucked time for our economy - it is entirely likely that what is coming for the US is going to be worse than the Great Depression.

Thank goodness my folks have acreage with a well and they are fairly self sufficient otherwise. I guess I'll be taking my ass to East TX to ride it out when it gets really bad.

Of course, we could just have another world war where the US has to step up & start manufacuring again here to pull us out of the depression...that's what WWI & II did for us!!
              sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Big Dad View Post
                Doesn't matter

12-21-12 it all ends
                It's a shame when they converted time formats, they fucked it up. Somewhere to the tune of up to 100 years.

Comment

Originally posted by SEB View Post
                  this made me laugh.....

Meanwhile, subprime borrower Latrice in Detroit is looking for some tips on refinancing her loan.
                  what happened to - Obama gonna pay off my house!!!
                  95 Rio Red Cobra#3881

http://www.bborr.com/2013/2013results.html#115

Comment

The sky is falling....

Comment

One World Government, New World Order, The Illuminati, and Bear Breasts. It's happening, pick your poison.
                      Originally posted by talisman
                      I wonder if there will be a new character that specializes in bjj and passive agressive comebacks?
                      Originally posted by AdamLX
                      If there was, I wouldn't pick it because it would probably just keep leaving the game and then coming back like nothing happened.
                      Originally posted by Broncojohnny
                      Because fuck you, that's why
                      Originally posted by 80coupe
                      nice dick, Idrivea4banger
                      Originally posted by Rick Modena
                      ......and idrivea4banger is a real person.
                      Originally posted by Jester
                      Man ive always wanted to smoke a bowl with you. Just seem like a cool cat.

Comment

Originally posted by Steve View Post
                        The sky is falling....
                        nah, everything's fine... since the dawn of man, societies have always succeeded forever
                        http://www.truthcontest.com/entries/...iversal-truth/

Comment

I've been stockpiling food and water for a year now and while I started to stockpile precious metal, the most precious metal you can have in really bad times are bullets and guns. With those I can get gold and silver. With those I can feed my family. And I am very willing to do exactly that with them.

I have 10 acres out here in the middle of nowhere with rich farm land. Last year was the first year I planted something and it came up. It was eaten by grasshoppers so it's time to do some refining
                          I wear a Fez. Fez-es are cool

Comment

Working...
                          X