Question of the Day

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Question of the Day

While driving down the road in a car going 60 miles per hour, you reach down and move your power drivers seat forward, are you then going faster than 60 miles per hour?

Discuss.
    Ford
    GM
    Toyota
    VAG

No. The car could be on cruise control, therefore moving your seat would not modify the placement of the throttle.

Comment

Originally posted by quikag View Post
      While driving down the road in a car going 60 miles per hour, you reach down and move your power drivers seat forward, are you then going faster than 60 miles per hour?

Discuss.
      yes, your ass moves at 60.0000000001mph assuming the car doesnt change speeds.
      "If I asked people what they wanted, they would have said faster horses." - Henry Ford

Comment

Originally posted by Skidmark View Post
        No. The car could be on cruise control, therefore moving your seat would not modify the placement of the throttle.
        he's saying in theory you're travelling 60.1 mph because you're advancing within the vehicle thats moving 60 mph.

Comment

Originally posted by Skidmark View Post
          Not sure if serious.

I would say yes, because YOU are already traveling 60mph, but the seat is moving you forwards an extra fraction of a MPH.
          Originally posted by Buzzo
          Some dudes jump out of airplanes, I fuck hookers without condoms.

sigpic

Comment

To add to that question: if you are driving down the highway and throw a ball straight up in the air, how fast do you have to be going for the ball to knock the shit out of your whiney ass kid in the back seat?

Comment

You would have to examine the case of the car as a whole containing all of its contents, as well as the car as a vessel for its contents. With both of those cases they could be examined from a relativity stand point. Relative to the car, no you are merely moving as fast as the track is sliding. However, relative to a point outside of the vehicle. At the moment you pass through the frame/frames of reference, yes you would be, as an object inside of the vessel traveling faster than 60 mph.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I727 using Tapatalk 2
              Originally posted by Leah
              Best balls I've had in my mouth in a while.

Comment

No treadmill no care

Comment

Originally posted by crapstang View Post
                  Not sure if serious.

I would say yes, because YOU are already traveling 60mph, but the seat is moving you forwards an extra fraction of a MPH.
                  ^what he said.

Comment

Yes. The same principle could be applied to any two arbitrary objects. Say, for example, an airplane and a treadmill...
                    Originally posted by Broncojohnny
                    HOORAY ME and FUCK YOU!

Comment

Originally posted by lo3oz View Post
                      he's saying in theory you're travelling 60.1 mph because you're advancing within the vehicle thats moving 60 mph.
                      Guess I didn't reach it right. I thought we were talking about the car.

Comment

Brb ...gonna get some batteries for my ti89
                        .....bro....

Comment

Yes you are going faster than 60mph in any normal frame of reference.

And to hit someone with a ball would require acceleration or wind resistance.

Comment

Originally posted by A+ View Post
                            Brb ...gonna get some batteries for my ti89
                            time for some drug wars!

Comment

Distracted driving is driving while engaged in other activities, including: changing seat position. This activity takes the driver’s attention away from the road.[1] There are three types of distractions that may occur while driving: visual, manual, and cognitive. All compromise the safety of the driver, passengers, bystanders, and other individuals on the road. Visual distraction is taking one's eyes off the road; manual distraction is taking one's hands off the wheel, and cognitive distraction occurs when an individual takes their mind off the basic task of driving.[2] Changing seat position requires visual, manual, and cognitive attention of the driver, thus making it a particularly alarming distraction.[3] According to United States Department of Transportation, "changing seat position while driving creates a crash risk 23 times higher than driving while not distracted." [4] Despite these statistics, over 1/3 of drivers (37%) have changed seat position while driving, and 18% report doing so regularly.[5] Because of the prevalence of seat position changing while driving, and because of the concern it engenders, "distracted driving" is often used primarily to refer to "changing seat position while driving".[6]

Comment

Working...
                              X