No announcement yet.

Beer Question

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Who was it that recommended Lagunitas in the other thread, I got the pale ale and that shit was awful. So to whoever it was, fuck you.

Comment

Originally posted by Baron View Post
      Speaking of pulling up an empty stool, I owe you a beer, you need to collect on it before I drink it and tell you to fuck off.

You do?

I mean... Yeah! You do!

Friday evening? World of Beer?

Comment

Originally posted by Strychnine View Post
        You do?

I mean... Yeah! You do!

Friday evening? World of Beer?
        in
        "If I asked people what they wanted, they would have said faster horses." - Henry Ford

Comment

Originally posted by Geor! View Post
          Saint Arnold's is really the only Texas brewer that makes beer that's actually good**. Sue me.

**Of the breweries I've had beer from.
          Rahr and Real Ale don't count.

Comment

Originally posted by Treasure Chest View Post
            I haven't found a Leinenkugel creation that I don't like.
            This! They had an apple spice at one time that was amazing, but they don't make it anymore
            sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Forever_frost View Post
              I'm a bit outside of my wheelhouse as I tend to only drink Bud but I picked up one of the Shock Top "End of the World Midnight Wheat" beers. Has anyone else tried these? Kind of a faint chocolate hint with a kick of spice.

Since I always do what dfwmustangs tells me to do I got some of this. And wow its really good! I try to get something different every time I get beer (every week) I have had many and this one is in my top 10.

Comment

Originally posted by Strychnine View Post
                If you like that then try this:

Also try the Oskar Blues deviant dale's. It's a hopped up dales pale ale.

Brewed just got in some St Arnold bourbon barrel stout.
                you mean rahr?

and Deviant Dale's is like $12 for a 4 pack lol.
                HD Parts
                paul@maverickhd.com

Comment

Originally posted by Trick Pony View Post
                  If you like to try new beers, check out the Flying Saucer. They have about 100 on tap with new selections all the time from rotating guest breweries.
                  I'm up to almost 600 different beers I've had (not all from the Saucer of course).

WOB in Arlington trumps Saucer.
                  HD Parts
                  paul@maverickhd.com

Comment

I was at No Frills tonight and the Coors reps dropped through and were promoting the new Batch 19 beer. Decent stuff. I had several free glasses and took home glasses too. They were also doing growlers of the stuff.
                    HD Parts
                    paul@maverickhd.com

Comment

Originally posted by 89stangGT View Post
                      you mean rahr?

and Deviant Dale's is like $12 for a 4 pack lol.
                      Holy shit, I had no clue it was that expensive. I had it on draft and didn't really pay attention to what I paid for a pint, but that's rich! It's pretty tasty, but it really is essentially just a really hopped up Dale's.

Comment

Speaking of Rahr, their Bourbon Barrel Aged Winter Warmer is by far their best beer to date. I'm not a Winter Ale fan, but I could drink this stuff by the fire all night.

Comment

Places like Saucer and WOB are awesome. One of my friends and I have an agreement that when we travel out of state we always pick up some beers we liked that you can't get in Texas and bring them back.

Rahr is ok, I like to support local people but nothing has jumped out same as something I would choose again. Sam Adams light and Boston Lager have been my go to that I can drink year round

Comment

Working...
                          X