Unexpected cash

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Forever_frost View Post
    I was reading through military.com and was reading about Thrift Savings Plan and got to thinking....what happened to mine? I called in and answered a few questions and found out that I actually had a couple grand in it. I'm surprised and, while it's not DFWstangs cash, that will be coming in handy around Christmas.

Any ex or active military people, I'd check to see if you have one. I let mine sit there for 8 years without touching it.
    Hmm, when did you serve? I EAS'ed in '99. Wondering if this was before my time.

Sent from my SPH-L710 using Tapatalk 2
    --carlos

sigpic

Comment

[$$$chooooo] I have bank receipts bigger than your savings account balance [/$$$chooooo]

Comment

I don't remember many of the details regarding TSP, but I do seem to remember it's a lot like a 401K plan in the civilian world. In a regular 401K plan, there is a pretty stiff tax penalty for early withdrawal, so you may want to look into that. Again, not sure if that applies to the TSP or not, but you might want to look into it if you haven't already...
        - Darrell

1993 LX - Reef Blue R331ci
        1993 Cobra #199 - SOLD

Comment

Originally posted by projectPONY View Post
          Hmm, when did you serve? I EAS'ed in '99. Wondering if this was before my time.

Aug 01- Nov 04. It's worth checking. I was disappointed I couldn't add to it as a civilian but ... hell if I can pull it out. She said the interest rate is pitiful so it's doing me no good sitting in Uncle Sam's account
          I wear a Fez. Fez-es are cool

Comment

Can Talisman hold a dollar?

Comment

Originally posted by mattb View Post
              peter popoff?
              lol

Comment

Originally posted by Forever_frost View Post
                Aug 01- Nov 04. It's worth checking. I was disappointed I couldn't add to it as a civilian but ... hell if I can pull it out. She said the interest rate is pitiful so it's doing me no good sitting in Uncle Sam's account
                Who did you contact? Got a #?

--carlos

sigpic

Comment

Congrats on the cash! That had to feel damned good!
                  May God give us strength and courage in the time of our darkest hours.
                  Semper Fi

Comment

Man thats awesome! Thats a great feeling when you get some cash like that.
                    "You don't so much drive it, more like poke it with a sharp stick and channel the fury when you piss it off."

FFL & LTC Instructor
                    http://firstresponsefirearms.com/
                    Factory Five MK4 Cobra
                    Build thread-http://www.dfwmustangs.net/forums/showthread.php?t=17889
                    http://s1124.photobucket.com/albums/l571/BlitzAttack65/
                    www.wix.com/cdurhamwot/blitzattack-mk4-build
                    sigpic

Comment

Working...
                    X