Cobra reliable?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Rick Modena View Post
    If you were going to get a MACH I would suggest getting the 5-speed, they have the forged crank where as the automatics do not.

The crank isn't the weak link in that motor. The rods would give out before the crank would fail. I wouldn't let that be the deciding factor.

Comment

You guys need to see the ridiculous Mach 1 that 04mongoose put together. That bitch is bad.
      ZOMBIE REAGAN FOR PRESIDENT 2016!!! heh

Comment

Originally posted by brandon01rt View Post
        Daily driven here for the last 6 years. It's been a good car especially considering the punishment it gets. I can't hardly drive it without going WOT at least once.
        x2! Hard to stay out of it.

Comment

Originally posted by talisman View Post
          Skip the 99 Recall Cobra. Unless you're looking for an "R" you won't find a 2000 Cobra. That leaves you with the 01, which has a nicer interior, 6 disc in dash CD player, the more modern spoiler than the 99, and the IRS has 31 spline axles instead of the 28s that always snapped on the 99s. 01 is completely different car from the 99 though they almost look the same.
          The '99 is a great Cobra, unless the recall was not performed or the rearend is on it's way out. The 31spline is almost as bad as the 28...it just takes worn out bushings to destroy it. Get the FTBR kit for either one, or swap for a solid rear

Personally, I like the '99 tailights, rims, spoiler, and side scoops better than the '01 cobra...it just looks too much like a GT. Either way, the mach 1 is better and roughly the same price. I'm not bias or anything though...
          Originally posted by Buzzo
          Some dudes jump out of airplanes, I fuck hookers without condoms.

sigpic

Comment

I loved my '01 Cobra. Bought it with exactly 5k miles on it. Cleanest car I ever owned. Zinc yellow with chrome 03/04 wheels on it, 10.5's out back, spoiler delete. Like an idiot, ended up with a hood I was never cosmetically pleased with, but then traded it in on my truck and made out like a bandit. I constantly got compliments on that car and turned a lot of heads with it. Definitely a fun ride.

Comment

Originally posted by crapstang View Post

Personally, I like the '99 tailights, rims, spoiler, and side scoops better than the '01 cobra...it just looks too much like a GT. Either way, the mach 1 is better and roughly the same price. I'm not bias or anything though...

The 99 and 01 have the exact same tail lights, side "scoops" or lack thereof, and wheels. The only thing different is the spoiler and the rear Cobra emblem. Oh, and the 01 says Cobra on the bumper instead of Mustang.

Comment

My mistake on the side non-functional side "scoops". For some reason I was thinking the yellow lights only came on the '99ers.
                Aren't the most '01 cobra rims chrome (or polished), though? I know they offered them as "premium" GT rims later (lol). I really like the look of the non-chrome 99-01 rims...if they are clean, they are the #1 factory new edge rim by far.

sigpic

Comment

I have a 98 cobra and 04 mach and the mach is my daily driver. The mach is an automatic with a tune, otherwise stock. The Cobra just has bolt on's and a tune. Both cars have their perks but they are both reliable too. I'd hop in either one for a long trip if need be. Its funny as similar as these 2 cars are, how different their personalities are. Even down to the factory stereo's. The 98's jbl made mach 460 sounds leaps and bounds better than the machs alpine made mach 460 does. The machs seats are WAAAY more comfortable than the cobras are too. I've owned a 2011 and a bunch of other mustangs and I decided this was the era I like most because its relatively easy to work on still and no monkey business like drive by wire and electronic everything. Less to worry about in the long run in my opinion.

Comment

Buy a 94 and go carbureted!

Comment

Originally posted by Karson View Post
                      The machs seats are WAAAY more comfortable than the cobras are too.
                      That's a clean Mach you have. I love the Mach seats, they blow the '99 cobra seats out of the water.

Oh yea, '01s have different seats in them, but they look pretty ugly IMO.

sigpic

Comment

You can still put Cobra parts on a Mach if you want.

Comment

I love my Mach, but I never get to drive it. It sits half of its life in storage under a cover. Just hit 3800 miles before I locked it up for the winter. Will probably part says with it next year.

Comment

Originally posted by Trip McNeely View Post
                            I love my Mach, but I never get to drive it. It sits half of its life in storage under a cover. Just hit 3800 miles before I locked it up for the winter. Will probably part says with it next year.
                            I finally took mine out for a ride yesterday.

Comment

Originally posted by Trip McNeely View Post
                              PM if you do...I'm interested in a really clean Mach

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by talisman View Post
                                What do you mean "you people?"

Comment

Working...
                                X