Opinions on this Fox please...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Sean88gt View Post
    Beautiful car. If it's clean and runs well I wouldn't be terribly concerned about some miles.
    Thanks, Sean. I hope it looks as good in person as it does in the pics. I like the rare color combo. My son might have his first Mustang before he's even born

Comment

Originally posted by UserX View Post
      OK, it's a real V8 car, but it has 200k miles, not 100k. How does that affect the price?

http://www.fordofkirkland.com/autoch...CP40E8NF136155
      All I would say is be careful. You caught him in the first lie. How come in 98 it had already exceeded its mileage limit. Something is going on here that he is not telling. One thing is that it is a two coast car. One in the north where they put salt on the roads in the winter and then on the west coast close to the ocean. I would look real good on that car for rust. I looks to me like it has been repainted.

Comment

Originally posted by musclestang89 View Post
        All I would say is be careful. You caught him in the first lie. How come in 98 it had already exceeded its mileage limit. Something is going on here that he is not telling. One thing is that it is a two coast car. One in the north where they put salt on the roads in the winter and then on the west coast close to the ocean. I would look real good on that car for rust. I looks to me like it has been repainted.
        It has been repainted, and will look closely for rust. Everywhere is CA it has been registered, is a LONG way from the coast. It's time in CA was basically spent in desert conditions.

He just had it painted, and it's a single stage job. I have some concerns here and will be taking a good look at the paint.

Thanks everyone for the pointers, helps me a bunch!

Comment

Also, he just got the car, I'm not sure he knew the entire history. It was impounded and never claimed, and he got it at auction. He painted it, did a compression test (between 150-160 on all cylinders) replaced the rear main seal and oil pan gasket. He said it runs great. It's all stock except it has 3.73s.

Comment

odometers are never right on foxes. People always say they have 85k but its always like 185-285k Just a common fox thing

Comment

Originally posted by Whiteboy View Post
              odometers are never right on foxes. People always say they have 85k but its always like 185-285k Just a common fox thing

Bingo.

Comment

Originally posted by grove rat View Post
                i never put quotes in my sig... till now!
                LAWL!! I live by the DFWM lowballer's creed. Always start at 1/3 of asking price! I really pissed off the last guy I bought a dirtbike from.

Comment

I passed on the car. One of the floorpans had been replaced because of rust, and there was some surface rust other places underneath. Since the car was recently painted, it scared me away. I'll keep looking...

Comment

Yup, not worth it. Hes looking for buyer that wont look under the car that close.
                    Originally posted by Silverback
                    Look all you want, she can't find anyone else who treats her as bad as I do, and I keep her self esteem so low, she wouldn't think twice about going anywhere else.

Comment

Working...
                    X