Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Thinking of buying a used Tundra, any input?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by 68chevy2 View Post
    Good edit.
    I was on my phone and can't see the whole screen at times. I am old.

Comment

A co-worker of mine just got a new one loaded and I was extremely disappointed. The interior is CHEAP and I hated the guage layout. Toyota needs to step up their game with a redesign.

Comment

Oh, make sure you test drive it. Run it up to about 80, and slow down aggressively. If you get wheel shake while braking or at 70 mph, walk a way. These trucks are very sensitive to torquing the wheels down. If you over torque the wheels, they will shake rattle and roll. I slightly snug with an impact, then use a torque wrench to torque them to 98 lbs. Let me tell you , that does not feel like much torque. But the truck will ride a hell of a lot better. Over torquing will bend the wheels. Once you bend them, they are fucked.

Comment

Originally posted by A_A_G View Post
          A co-worker of mine just got a new one loaded and I was extremely disappointed. The interior is CHEAP and I hated the guage layout. Toyota needs to step up their game with a redesign.
          The dash/console is plastic just like all the other dashes/consoles out there. Not saying they could not have come up with a little more styling. But it is what it is. i will say the seats (I have cloth) hold up pretty good.

Comment

Originally posted by SSMAN View Post
            Oh, make sure you test drive it. Run it up to about 80, and slow down aggressively. If you get wheel shake while braking or at 70 mph, walk a way. These trucks are very sensitive to torquing the wheels down. If you over torque the wheels, they will shake rattle and roll. I slightly snug with an impact, then use a torque wrench to torque them to 98 lbs. Let me tell you , that does not feel like much torque. But the truck will ride a hell of a lot better. Over torquing will bend the wheels. Once you bend them, they are fucked.
            Thanks for the info, I'll be sure to check that out.

Comment

Tundras are pretty, but IMO useless as a "truck"

2009 Mercedes C63 AMG

Comment

Originally posted by johnny--2k View Post
                Tundras are pretty, but IMO useless as a "truck"

All the above is true, but realistically are you going to load it to the point of screwing up the frame? Or be driving at an unglodly speed over rough terrain? Or driving with only 3 wheels on the truck?

In most cases, non of that applies in the real world for the average Driver.

Comment

atleast you can add a TRD supercharger and motor will still be under warrenty since its a toyota s/c.

Comment

I agree, but those are just worst case scenarios. Leaf spring bolts are 1/3 size of the fords, 1/2 size of chevys, two hooks are under and behind the bumper, just lots of little things that make a big difference in longevity, durability, practicality, etc... that would make me pick other than a toyota. Not bad trucks, not bad by any stretch, just better ones out there for the money.
                    2009 Mercedes C63 AMG

Comment

I know oil change guys in the pit hate them
                      At least a friend of mine who runs one says the guys below hate doing them

Comment

Originally posted by DTM_Motorsports View Post
                        I wonder why? I always change my own anyway.

Comment

What, you need to move a space shuttle?
                          Originally posted by Broncojohnny
                          HOORAY ME and FUCK YOU!

Comment

Originally posted by Nash B. View Post
                            What, you need to move a space shuttle?
                            It helps me sleep at night knowing I could.

Comment

Originally posted by DTM_Motorsports View Post
                              I will have to agree with this. I change my own oil and I hate it. Only because I have to drop the skid plate to do it. It also has a cartridge filter (maybe most do now days) that you can't quite seem to find and oil filter wrench to fit it good. My oil light is on right now. LOL

Comment

My buddy just bought one.
                                I still think it is the ugliest truck on the road, and of course it is going to have cheap interior, it is a Toyota.....

Comment

Working...
                                X