Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

When is enough, enough? (Family Venting Question)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• When is enough, enough? (Family Venting Question)

Not sure how long this will go but I'm looking for other people's opinions on the matter.

Here we go, I'm 30 and my sister is 28. My entire life I've had to work for what I wanted. In my early teens, I was on the end of a shovel helping my father with his construction company. I've worked at grocery stores, restaurants, hotels, IT companies, government agencies, and large corporation corporate offices. I've worked for what I have and where I am today and never had a problem holding down a job.

My sister on the other hand was a professional ice skater. She's skated from the age of 5 till 22. She's home schooled and everything else has been handed to her A LOT easier than it was me. She's lived with mom until about 4 years ago, when my mom got remarried. Mom moved in with the new guy but my sister got an apartment - that my mother paid for. She's always hung out with the wrong crowd and got into things she shouldn't. She's always had problems holding down a job whether it was her attitude or because she "doesn't like waking up early". A few years ago, she decided she wanted to get her A&P license to be an airplane mechanic. So off they go - her and my mother and get her all enrolled in school to get her A&P. She did go through the whole thing and got her license. Now she's looking for a job in the industry. In the mean time, she's finally got a job that she likes working at Nordstroms and is making good money and for the first time in her life, she's paying her own bills.

As you can imagine, she's always had a kind of piece of shit car. Now she has a 2000 Jeep Grand Cherokee (that my mother gave her). It's got 165k miles on it and it keeps having problems. Currently, it sits at the mall parking lot with a inoperable crank sensor. This was just replaced a couple months ago. The guy that fixed it the first time will warranty it, but he can't work on it till next week.

So here comes the kicker - my MOTHER wants me to let her drive my F250 so that she can get to work while her jeep gets fixed. The F250 typically sits in my parking garage as I do not drive it often anymore. Do I let her or no?

Here's picture of said truck. No I will not post a picture of sister.

My brain and gut says no. My heart says yes.

Yes
    0%
    No
    0%
    I build websites. PM me.

pics? i would rent her a car or tell her no before i let a woman behind the wheel of that beast.

god bless.
    Last edited by ELVIS; 01-05-2011, 01:17 PM.
    It is easier to build strong children than to repair broken men -Frederick Douglass

Comment

Will need to see pics of sister first.

Comment

Originally posted by ELVIS View Post
        pics?

god bless.
        lol
        Originally posted by Sean88gt
        You can take white off the list. White on anything is the best, including vehicles, women, and the Presidency.
        Originally posted by Baron Von Crowder
        You can not imagine how difficult it is to hold a half gallon of moo juice and polish the one-eyed gopher when your doin' seventy-five in an eighteen-wheeler.

Comment

If she is using it to get to work, of course you should let her. She's finally getting on the right track, and you should support that. My $.02.

Comment

What other car do you drive?

If it is also something you can't part with for a week, then she can ride public transportation.

Pics please.

Comment

Also, be careful as Texas is a permissive use state. If you provide her with the necessary tools (keys) to operate the vehicle whether you do it knowingly or un-knowingly your insurance is automatically responsible for anything she does in your vehicle. So it could come back and bit you in more ways than one.....just sayin
              Originally posted by Sean88gt
              You can take white off the list. White on anything is the best, including vehicles, women, and the Presidency.
              Originally posted by Baron Von Crowder
              You can not imagine how difficult it is to hold a half gallon of moo juice and polish the one-eyed gopher when your doin' seventy-five in an eighteen-wheeler.

Comment

Wait a sec, wheres the "need pic to decide" option?

Comment

Seems like your sister has had everything handed to her. Remember what she WAS like and where shes at now. She seems to be getting responsible. As for your truck getting loaned out, drive your truck and give her the keys to something else you dont care about so much. Helping family is cool and all but some just take advantage.

Comment

If she was my sister I would let her use my vehicle.

Then again, my sister is responsible and wouldn't do anything stupid in it and would also own up to any issues caused by her.

Comment

bus pass

Comment

How about giving her a bicycle! Or maybe just give her a ride to work.

She doesn't seem to be the most responsible and I would not want to be personally liable for anything she might "accidently" do in my vehicle.

Comment

i had to read all that just to come to a conclusion that your sister wants to drive your truck. FUUCK!!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by scootro View Post
                            i had to read all that just to come to a conclusion that your sister wants to drive your truck. FUUCK!!!!!
                            I'm sure she does, but my mother would like my sister to drive the truck. My dad said "dont let her drive it". She still lives her life in my truck. She'll smoke in it, she'll go wherever she wants in it and carry on. She wont care.
                            I build websites. PM me.

Comment

Originally posted by DoesSpeedTurnUon View Post
                              I'm sure she does, but my mother would like my sister to drive the truck. My dad said "dont let her drive it". She still lives her life in my truck. She'll smoke in it, she'll go wherever she wants in it and carry on. She wont care.
                              Smoking in my vehicles? Fuuuuuuck no!

Comment

Working...
                              X