Masters Degree

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Masters Degree

Who has one? What is it in & what career do you use it in?
    sigpic

Shiiii, I have mah GED and ball outta control.

Who needs a Masters? I know a ton of people with one, and they are all MBA's but provide no value until you hit that glass ceiling in your company

Can't provide any insight on specialties

Comment

My woman will have her's in another semester. I started mine, but decided to hold tight for now.

Comment

I've almost finished my MS in Engineering managemt and it's already helped me transition to another company for more $$$$$.

I work as a mechanical design engineer, and hope to transition into technical leadership.

Comment

More education is never a bad thing. I still plan to get mine

Comment

I'm working on mine in SPED with a diagnostician certification. I need SPED hours so I can get on with DODEA and in order for the Army to pay for it I had to go upto the next level of education.
            Personally i think its a waste of time. I've learned more in my 5 Years of teaching than i will in 2 more years of education but I'm sure I will use it at some of it at some point.

Comment

My degree is in Education & I graduated Magna Cum Laude. I've been teaching for 8 years & am ready to move on. Not sure if I want to stay in education or not. If I do it'll be in administration (not a principal, but curriculum) or maybe educational technology. I'm considered to be extremely strong in the technology area in my district, so that's definitely a consideration.

My boss says it doesn't really matter what the masters is in if I stay in education, but if I were to change careers I would think it would matter.
              sigpic

Comment

You joining the seminary too?

God bless.
                It is easier to build strong children than to repair broken men -Frederick Douglass

Comment

Yes masters focus matters if you change fields. If you don't already have a plan for the degree I'd hold off until you create one. There are ass loads of masters now that it's hard for new grads to get jobs.

Comment

<-- Master baiter

Comment

Originally posted by Kimmypie View Post
                      My degree is in Education & I graduated Magna Cum Laude. I've been teaching for 8 years & am ready to move on. Not sure if I want to stay in education or not. If I do it'll be in administration (not a principal, but curriculum) or maybe educational technology. I'm considered to be extremely strong in the technology area in my district, so that's definitely a consideration.

My boss says it doesn't really matter what the masters is in if I stay in education, but if I were to change careers I would think it would matter.
                      In my field (Software - Workforce Management), I interact with a lot of corporate learning development, which is very closely aligned with overall education. This is a huge field and I have seen many with Masters and PhD's in learning for the private sector...

If you're looking to change fields, Corporate Learning is a big sector to explore...

Originally posted by Ruffdaddy View Post
                      Yes masters focus matters if you change fields. If you don't already have a plan for the degree I'd hold off until you create one. There are ass loads of masters now that it's hard for new grads to get jobs.
                      While I agree, experience is more notable than education in most regards.

Comment

Originally posted by ELVIS View Post
                        You joining the seminary too?

God bless.
                        Fuck no! My brother has a masters in Theology & another in Family Life Counseling. He's my get out of Hell free pass.
                        sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Roscoe View Post
                          In my field (Software - Workforce Management), I interact with a lot of corporate learning development, which is very closely aligned with overall education. This is a huge field and I have seen many with Masters and PhD's in learning for the private sector...

If you're looking to change fields, Corporate Learning is a big sector to explore...

Absolutely...experience is very important which is why the first thing I mentioned was if she was changing fields.

Comment

Originally posted by Roscoe View Post

So is Corporate Learning basically educating adults in their careers? Like corporate training? I'd be teaching adults instead of kids? Are these considered executive positions?
                            sigpic

Comment

Masters of Architecture = No matter the education Architects don't make crap.

Also have an MBA, that one has helped out and glad I spent the extra time.
                              1965 Ford Falcon Pro-Touring Project
                              TCI F/R Suspension, 3V-4.6 & TR3560, LT III Wheels

sigpic
                              Work In Progress

Comment

Working...
                              X