Masters Degree

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by svo855 View Post
    Mechanical & Materials Engineering. Worked for a year and a half at a corporate job and will never do it again. Been doing my own thing since then.
    What does "your own thing" entail?

Comment

Wife is working on hers now. Info mgnt with emphasis in project mgnt. She will rule the world and I will hopefully be as cool as Elvis one day...

Comment

I saw one that includes both education technology & business technology which looks interesting.
        sigpic

Comment

MPA will be finished this May! Currently a fleet mgr and quarter master for a large pd. Started it for military more than likely will finish my career in municipal govt.

Comment

One test away from a MS in Psychology and am working on a second in National Security. It looks good on the wall and shows you can test well. That's all I've learned about advanced degrees
            I wear a Fez. Fez-es are cool

Comment

Originally posted by josh9167 View Post
              I'm working on my Masters in Systems Engineering through the Johns Hopkins Engineering for Professionals program. I don't "need" it right now, but it will help for a promotion in a couple of years.

My undergrad is in Electrical Engineering and I work in the defense industry... specifically counter Radar stuff. Unfortunately I'm up in the North East, but after I'm done with school I plan on moving back to Texas.
              Shoot me a PM when you're ready to move to Texas. I'm an Electrical Engineer for a defense company. We can split the sign on bonus.

Comment

Kim - One thing I will add to the corporate training stuff is that for a higher level role they are going to want you to have adult ed experience. Will community colleges hire Masters level to teach? If so, get the masters in technology and start teaching some night classes to build up your adult ed experience.

Comment

Originally posted by Chili View Post
                  Kim - One thing I will add to the corporate training stuff is that for a higher level role they are going to want you to have adult ed experience. Will community colleges hire Masters level to teach? If so, get the masters in technology and start teaching some night classes to build up your adult ed experience.
                  I wonder if they'd take a mixture of adult management experience (retail & banking) & teaching? I have always wanted to teach college, so I'm looking into how to get into that with whichever masters in decide on. I have a ton of options. More than I realized actually!
                  sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Kimmypie View Post
                    I wonder if they'd take a mixture of adult management experience (retail & banking) & teaching? I have always wanted to teach college, so I'm looking into how to get into that with whichever masters in decide on. I have a ton of options. More than I realized actually!
                    Obviously each place will be different, so I am not sure. I just remember looking at training jobs with my old employer and they all specifically called for x number of years of adult education.

Comment

Thanks for the info everyone. I'll keep it all in mind while I research. Feel free to give more advice if you have it so I can consider all angles.
                      sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Kimmypie View Post
                        Of course, I can always go the Masters to PhD route & go onto true academia in a college setting.
                        My buddy did that. Got his masters while coaching middle school football, then went on to get his phd. Now he is asst superintendent in a nice district making good money.

Comment

Working...
                        X