No announcement yet.

Craigslist stories, deals, and whores

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• It amazes me how small of a place this big ass state is. Just bought a car off CL that belongs to a good member on here. We start shootin the shit and realize we are both on here a lot.
    It was more than I wanted to pay but the car is solid and all the stuff it needs I have plus he is just a straight shooter and the car was what he said it was so I payed what he wanted for it.
    Gonna fix the rest of its issues tomorrow. Car is here and very clean. Gonna have to do the rear shock bushings, front strut rod bushings, replace the factory JBL amp, replace a couple height sensors, one rear vent, toe link compensators and the windshield then charge the AC but all in all she is a nice ride. Its just so..... white. Drop it about an inch and see if I can live with the white interior. If it bugs me too much I already have two friends bugging me for it since they know I am gonna make it near perfect. Couldnt make any money anyway but I have a soft spot in my heart.... and head for these damn cars LOL.
    I dont like first gen Mark VIIIs but this one was too clean to pass on.
    Last edited by LaserSVT; 02-25-2013, 12:46 AM.
    Good judgment comes from bad decisions and a lot of that comes from bad judgment.

Comment

• Originally posted by LaserSVT View Post
      It amazes me how small of a place this big ass state is. Just bought a car off CL that belongs to a good member on here. We start shootin the shit and realize we are both on here a lot.
      It was more than I wanted to pay but the car is solid and all the stuff it needs I have plus he is just a straight shooter and the car was what he said it was so I payed what he wanted for it.
      Gonna fix the rest of its issues tomorrow. Car is here and very clean. Gonna have to do the rear shock bushings, front strut rod bushings, replace the factory JBL amp, replace a couple height sensors, one rear vent, toe link compensators and the windshield then charge the AC but all in all she is a nice ride. Its just so..... white. Drop it about an inch and see if I can live with the white interior. If it bugs me too much I already have two friends bugging me for it since they know I am gonna make it near perfect. Couldnt make any money anyway but I have a soft spot in my heart.... and head for these damn cars LOL.
      I dont like first gen Mark VIIIs but this one was too clean to pass on.
      Good to meet you and Jeremy.. Got back at 12:45 or so. troopers everywhere on the way back! Wife slept the whole way back too lol..

Small world indeed!

Comment

• Yeah it was great meeting you two too. Your wife is fun to tell stories with. LOL

Been busy busy on that Mark today. Replaced the rear shocks, shock mounts, toe link compensators, amplifier, strut rod bushings, rewire the alt, replace one airbag sensor (SRS), replaced two suspension level sensors, one airbag vent, AC pressure switch, AC seals, charged the AC, sensor lowered the car a good 1.25" and installed a new windshield.
        Already had two people come and ask to buy it. LOL Turned them both down. I am undecided as of yet if I want to keep it or sell it. Its jus so nice but I HATE the white interior. LOL

Good judgment comes from bad decisions and a lot of that comes from bad judgment.

Comment

• Looks 100% better!

Glad I didn't sell it to some clapped out fool that would just let it rot away. Had too many of those kinds look at it.

Think the value just went up on it quite a bit.

Comment

• I have no idea why I like those cars. Clean Lincolns are lickable!

You clean up cars really well. What do you use usually? I avoid spraying engine bays...stupid stuff likes to break on me.
            Originally posted by Buzzo
            Some dudes jump out of airplanes, I fuck hookers without condoms.

sigpic

Comment

• Some clean Bullets on it with Deep Dish out back & it would be Ready
              GOD BLESS TEXAS
              August Landscaping
              214-779-7278
              Seb's high class.
              He'll mow your grass.
              He'll kick your ass.
              And while his kidney stones pass,
              He'll piss in a glass!

Comment

• Originally posted by crapstang View Post
                I have no idea why I like those cars. Clean Lincolns are lickable!

You clean up cars really well. What do you use usually? I avoid spraying engine bays...stupid stuff likes to break on me.
                I try to never wash an engine bay. Usually some detailer on a rag to wipe off dust and I dont get cars with massive gunk buildup. After that just hit it with some Meguires tire shine on the black plastic bits.

Comment

• Originally posted by LaserSVT View Post
                  I try to never wash an engine bay. Usually some detailer on a rag to wipe off dust and I dont get cars with massive gunk buildup. After that just hit it with some Meguires tire shine on the black plastic bits.
                  Thanks for the tip. I gently sprayed my '99 cobra engine bay one time (the 1st and last time...) and ended up fouling a COP....lesson learned there lol. None of the cars I have bought have been really greasy, but getting a rag in some of those tight spots is a PITA. I guess just put a lil' shine on there and call it quits

sigpic

Comment

• lmao: not craigslist, but badass and dumb none the less http://www.ebay.com/itm/Jet-Engine-M...s_Gear&vxp=mtr

sigpic

Comment

• What tha?
                      Non tapatalk Sig so the butt hurt va-JJs can stop crying about not being able to turn it off.

Comment

• Originally posted by SEB View Post
                        Some clean Bullets on it with Deep Dish out back & it would be Ready
                        Problem is that the Mark VIII and the Thunderbird from the same era use 4.25 bolt pattern rather than the mustang 4.5. Makes it a real pain in the ass to find wheels.

Comment

• Who'd of thought. Hell I've seen mustang wheels on grand ams and some avengers.
                          Non tapatalk Sig so the butt hurt va-JJs can stop crying about not being able to turn it off.

Comment

• Originally posted by petyweestraw View Post
                            Who'd of thought. Hell I've seen mustang wheels on grand ams and some avengers.
                            Yeah. I was going to get some FR500s for my old thunderbird, but it was the wrong bolt pattern. You can swap to mustang hubs, but you have to get cobra IRS hubs for the rear.

Comment

• Thats what we are doing to the black Mark in my shop, converting to Cobra hubs so we can install some FR500s on it.

Comment

• Originally posted by crapstang View Post
                                lmao: not craigslist, but badass and dumb none the less http://www.ebay.com/itm/Jet-Engine-M...s_Gear&vxp=mtr
                                WTF? He put a gas turbine in it, and didn't even drive the wheel off the shaft? FAIL!
                                ZOMBIE REAGAN FOR PRESIDENT 2016!!! heh

Comment

Working...
                                X