Craigslist stories, deals, and whores

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Forever_frost View Post
    They told me they were going to sue me for everything I had, they were going to sue my parents and everything. I asked if they signed a bill of sale, which they had. When they said yes, I said "Read it to me."

Talk about epically pissed when they got to "As is, where is with no expressed or implied warranty."
    Doesn't even matter in Texas. All cars sold outside of a dealership are sold as is with no warranty. The car lots are required by federal law to include and display a buyers guide, stating that the car is either as is, or warranty.

Comment

• Originally posted by talisman View Post
      lol. I don't understand calling someone to complain about a car that you bought from them. I've had it happen twice. It's a used car, go fuck yourself. I had a guy DEMAND I come over and fix the "flickering headlights" on a '67 Mustang Coupe that I daily drove for months with no problems. He got an earful.
      Dude just called me again! I didn't hear the ringer so it went to voicemail. This is like the 8th time he called. In his voicemail he is cussing me out and says he is gonna hop in the car and come to my shop to deal with me.
      Yeah, sure, come back from South Austin. Ill wait. LOL

So I call back and am calm and polite (for some reason that set him off) and finally get him to tell me what the issue is. He said I lied and the ad was a lie and why did I screw him and all that jazz. I get him to shut up and tell me what the problem is. The check engine light turned on and its my fault because I must have cleared it before he drove it. Oh calm the hell down Nancy, its a 13 year old Lincoln. I ask him if the car starts right away, does it have a misfire, is it behaving unusual at all or anything else. He says no. Ah, simple. Probaly needs a rear O2 as I only replaced the front ones. That or the gas cap is loose. Go to Autozone and scan it. He accuses me of turning the light off. Well lets see, you let the car idle for 20 minutes before we went on a 20 mile drive. Then let it run for another half hour. Then went away and came back again and started the car and went over it again. Then drove it again. Then shut it down again and then let it run for another 15 minutes. Watched me plug my scanner into it, select that specific car, run a full scan and clearly see my scanner said "No current or pending codes. Test completed." and then drove it to Austin and still had no CEL on. I put 600 miles on the car and never got a CEL so whatever it is he needs to just work it out himself.
      He then tells me I lied in the ad. So I pull up the ad and read it back to him line for line and ask to point out where I lied. He said it was because the leather didn't look excellent (I thought it did) and was not super soft...... good lord, shut up.

He then complains that he cant get $5500 for it (duh) and is only going to make a few hundred off it. I remind him he told me it was for his mom.
      He says he is going to come see me tomorrow, trying to use an intimidating voice. I tell him no problem, I can fix whatever it is. $70 per hour plus parts but I am booked until Thursday. He again threateningly says he will see me at my shop tomorrow. Again I told him not a problem, the Sherriff will be there most of the day cause he likes to hang out and I have to work on his Tahoe tomorrow anyway, which is true.
      So he responded with "Guess I will go to Autozone." LOL

The one thing I notice in car sales is the people that pay asking price love you, love the car and send more people to see you. The people that beat you down on the price are just forever unhappy.
      Good judgment comes from bad decisions and a lot of that comes from bad judgment.

Comment

• You stayed in that convo longer than I would have.

Comment

• Yeah well I am a little we todd did. He called me back just now but I ignored it. He then left me a voicemail saying Autozone said the gas cap was loose. Turns out he lost it when filling up the car.

I hate people so much sometimes.
          Good judgment comes from bad decisions and a lot of that comes from bad judgment.

Comment

• Originally posted by LaserSVT View Post
            Yeah well I am a little we todd did. He called me back just now but I ignored it. He then left me a voicemail saying Autozone said the gas cap was loose. Turns out he lost it when filling up the car.

I hate people so much sometimes.

lol. What a dickhead.

Comment

• I'm guessing there wasn't an apology mixed in with his last message. Or was it your fault that he lost his gas cap?

Comment

The one thing I notice in car sales is the people that pay asking price love you, love the car and send more people to see you. The people that beat you down on the price are just forever unhappy.
                Never really thought about it, but yeah, you're right. I am financing to a guy that has been royally boned by local lots several times. He loved the car and the way I do business and has gotten me several more sales.

Your buyer is an idiot and I wouldn't give him the time of day.

Comment

• Originally posted by 71chevellejohn View Post
                  I'm guessing there wasn't an apology mixed in with his last message. Or was it your fault that he lost his gas cap?
                  In the message he did say the reason he lost the cap was because he had to set it on the pump because the factory tether plastic strap was broken. So yeah, it is my fault.

Comment

• Now how could you miss that lil detail. Time to charge him consultation fees after that

Comment

• He just texted again saying he sold the car for $2800 and said thanks. This is why I hate selling cars. I should have taken that nice kids $1400 deposit last week and he would have has the $2200 difference yesterday. He went over the car very thoroughly with his dad and both approved.
                      With them I would have taken the car back to the trans shop and had the temp issue fixed even if I had to pay for it. I don't think they would have had the issue though because I know the Mexican dude from Austin was hot rodding the hell out of it. When he first called about the "check transmission" error I pointedly asked him if he was spinning the tires a lot. He said he NEVER spun the tires on that car. I said "So when you first drove it and peeled out in my lot, then peeled out again pulling out of my lot, then peeled out pulling into my lot, then peeled out again pulling the car to my bay door to remove the signs and then peeled out again when you left does not count?"
                      His response of course was "I didn't peel out."

Why? Why do people have to lie when they flat out know you already know the truth?

Comment

Why? Why do people have to lie when they flat out know you already know the truth?
                        That's the problem with any customer w/o integrity when you try to maintain integrity. A lot of people straight up lie, even when they know - that you know that they are not telling the truth.

I could never live that way.
                        Originally posted by MR EDD
                        U defend him who use's racial slurs like hes drinking water.

Comment

Because they're looking for leverage and trying to guilt you, even if it means just leverage to get you on the defensive enough to cut them a deal on repairs. You and him know you didn't lie or do anything wrong, but he's trying to get you into the mindset of being in the wrong and nice people are typically more compliant when they feel guilty... It's a learned tactic by hoodrattery everywhere; it's everyone else fault but theirs, do what's gotta be done to get what you want.
                          Originally posted by PGreenCobra
                          I can't get over the fact that you get to go live the rest of your life, knowing that someone made a Halloween costume out of you. LMAO!!
                          Originally posted by Trip McNeely
                          Originally posted by dsrtuckteezy
                          dont downshift!!
                          Go do a whooly in front of a Peterbilt.

Comment

• He actually had the guy that bought it call me today for the trans warranty. I told him call the trans company.
                            Dude then calls me asking me to help him out and give him back some money. I told him to fuck off and stop calling me then blocked his number.

Comment

• The fucking nerve of this prick.

Sent from my C6916 using Tapatalk
                              Non tapatalk Sig so the butt hurt va-JJs can stop crying about not being able to turn it off.

Comment

• Originally posted by petyweestraw View Post
                                The fucking nerve of this prick.

Sent from my C6916 using Tapatalk
                                Oh it gets better and I cant believe I left this out. The guy he sod it to is a dealer. When I told him the whole story he laughed his arse off and apologized for calling me, said he would take care of it and again appoligized.

That's when dude called me back asking for some money back so he can make the other guy happy because the other guy is going to sue him and call the cops on him and hes all freaked out. That's when I told him to fuck off. I hung up and laughed my ass off too. Of course nothing can happen but the fact he was freaking out about it made me smile. Guess he is a bit new to the game.

Comment

Working...
                                X