Craigslist stories, deals, and whores

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by crapstang View Post
    Picked up my "dream" dodge tonight. '01 2500 quad cab short bed cummins 4x4 6spd HO. One owner, 100% stock. 'Twas in the 5k range
    I fucking hate VP trucks. Put that SOB on ebay and make you some money before you have to replace a bunch of shit
    http://www.truthcontest.com/entries/...iversal-truth/

Comment

• Originally posted by Cooter View Post
      I fucking hate VP trucks. Put that SOB on ebay and make you some money before you have to replace a bunch of shit
      They do have an unreal amount of problems. P-pump or flip. Probably flip lol
      Originally posted by Buzzo
      Some dudes jump out of airplanes, I fuck hookers without condoms.

sigpic

Comment

p-pumping is a waste of money IMO

I love the P7100, but you're not going to see your return on that. The fact that it's a standard does help, but I've yet to see a P-pump swap that was super OEM clean.

The conversion lines love to crack too. That throws the whole reliability thing out the window IMO. I'd sooner drop a 12v in it.

Throw that joker on Ebay for $11k starting bid and see what sticks!

Comment

• I've never liked selling stuff on eBay, as it's a total PITA, but the prices seem pretty high on there. P-pump is more of just a fleeting want, but it'd be fun...if it didn't break. I hate when they are "rigged" together. This truck is 100% factory, and I'll probably sell it as such.

sigpic

Comment

• ebay has great national exposure and southern, rust free "Texas" trucks fetch a premium to northern buyers

it's a pain, but you'll get a lot more money selling it on ebay IMO

Comment

• also, fleeting wants cost money... I've found that if I can resist impulses like that for a few months, the idea loses its luster all together. And if you can make money on the thing? move on to the next one and keep daydreaming while you're stacking paper.

Comment

• "If I asked people what they wanted, they would have said faster horses." - Henry Ford

Comment

• $3,500 plus a stock hood and you have yourself a nice foxbody vert.

Comment

• I really think Craigslist is fantastic indicator of the lack of intelligence out there. I've got metal roofing trim for sale, listed as trim for metal roofing 7/10 calls are calling about metal roofing I have sale. The number is a jumble of digits and words, they just don't read ad or look at pic.

Comment

• Originally posted by cool cat View Post
                      $3,500 plus a stock hood and you have yourself a nice foxbody vert.

Yeah, that thing could actually be "fixed" pretty easy. Not a bad price. I do have to point out I don't ever think I've seen fake wood interior trimming on a aero fox before.

Comment

Lets be fair here, just because they eat injection pumps and lift pumps like no other doesn't give them an unreal amount of problems...... I've only had a bad lift pump when I bought mine (replaced with Fass fuel system), later had to do an injection pump after it died, crank sensor shit the bed (which leaves you on the side of the road, numerous times before you track it down), and that had been it for the motor best I remember. That was all between 136k and 145k miles best I remember.

They do have a fair amount of issues over the 12 valves. Like most things swapped from mechanical to electronic, there always seems to be a nice, pain in the ass, makes me hate working on cars for a living sometimes, set of problems. Gm drive by wire is case in point. How many throttle cables have you ever had to replace, me not 1 in almost 17 years of doing this. Broken drive by wire systems, more than I can remember.

I ended up with a vp44 truck because it fit what I needed/wanted, well under the money for what I had been looking at and had a lot lower miles. It was a little beat up, but fairly clean, had most of the issues I would have expected if I had paid 3-5k more, and was red (not the color I would pick for my vehicle usually). The good news was there wasn't a single leaf under the hood.

Comment

• Hollar at me when you need an ECM

Comment

• What's the general life expectancy for the Ecms, I know they say the vp44 computer is good for "x" number of key cycles. Also low fuel pressure/volume doesn't keep them cooled resulting in internal breakdown and such.

Comment

• If you survived this year's cold snap, you've probably got some life left. Replaced four VP ECM'S in the span of two weeks last month.

I've got a few spares on the service truck. It's not really a dig on VP's specifically. All years from 98-09 are suspect for ECM failure, but obviously the older they are, the more you see fail.

But seriously, if you have a failure, let me know. You can pick up used ones cheap. I can program them

Comment

• Don't forget the crappy TPS too!

sigpic

Comment

Working...
                                X