Craigslist stories, deals, and whores

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Buick355 View Post
    So you stole $1000 from some one that was trying to steal $800 from you? Or am I reading this wrong?
    Long after the fact I realized that the buyer was a gypsy which means that he is a pro con artist. I did not hold a gun on him the whole time and I would not have called the cops on him; it was just a bluff, but there was no way in hell he was getting his money back after getting that close to hustling me. We simply reached an equitable out of court settlement that closed the issue with no outside interference.

Originally posted by miketyler View Post
    Were they at least good copies? I can't believe what that whole altercation must have been like...
    The copies were pretty good, it was dark and the money was handed to me in a sealed bank envelope. He was trying to get the hell out of there without me looking it over too closely. I knew to look for that sort of thing. A friend had sold an I Pad a few days earlier and the buyer had ripped him off that way.
    Magnus, I am your father. You need to ask your mother about a man named Calvin Klein.

Comment

The right thing to do would have been to get the police involved, not stooping to his level. I won't say that the guy trying to buy something with counterfeit money didn't deserve to lose the $1G but stealing from a thief is still stealing. Now, if he would have just whooped his ass, that's a different story.
      It's a jungle out there, dude. I wouldn't lose any sleep over it.
      ZOMBIE REAGAN FOR PRESIDENT 2016!!! heh

Comment

Originally posted by svo855 View Post
        Was selling a new Honda 3000 Watt EU generator a few years ago and the buyer gave me 18 one hundred dollars bills 8 of which were photo copies. I told him that he could walk away without his money or he could wait for the cops. He tried to strong arm me and wound up pinned on the ground with me holding a gun in his gut. After a few brief moments of negotiations he realized that he could either leave without his cash or wait for the police; he wanted nothing to do with the police and left with my friends and I telling him that it was a pleasure doing business with him.

The same generator and the same ad also attracted 2 toothless hill billy deliverance style rapist ass holes who tried to jack me for it out by the TX motor speedway. They also got to see the business side of a gun and I told them to beat their feet. Got sick of dealing with this BS and had a buddy list it for me and the SAME TWO CLOWNS called him and said that they wanted to buy it. Listed it on the THF and it was gone in 15 minutes. Lesson learned.
        So you stole $1000 from some one that was trying to steal $800 from you? Or am I reading this wrong?
        Thinking the same thing lol. Essentially he robbed the guy.

Comment

I had one issue once.. Bought a stolen item. Once I found out I kept emailing homeboy and he never replied. Came here, posted a thread on the situation with his plates. Few minutes later a get a PM with his home info and all the other people who lived there. Sent him another email telling him to cough up the cash an he will get his stolen item back and if he refused I would knock on his door and talk to his wife (who's info I got from here) and tell her he was selling stolen products out of her SUV . He was willing to meet up the next weekend and give me my funds back. Of course, I was packing at that time too in case shit hit the fan.

Comment

Originally posted by sosoe View Post
            I had one issue once.. Bought a stolen item. Once I found out I kept emailing homeboy and he never replied. Came here, posted a thread on the situation with his plates. Few minutes later a get a PM with his home info and all the other people who lived there. Sent him another email telling him to cough up the cash an he will get his stolen item back and if he refused I would knock on his door and talk to his wife (who's info I got from here) and tell her he was selling stolen products out of her SUV . He was willing to meet up the next weekend and give me my funds back. Of course, I was packing at that time too in case shit hit the fan.
            Packing an M&P?

I've only bought a couple of things but have had pretty good luck on craigslist. Bought mufflers and a rear valance for my Mustang and got pretty good deals on both.

Comment

Buy sell all the time on there, I dont own a gun and have been to a few scary areas but its always been fine.

Comment

Originally posted by Stanger View Post
                Thinking the same thing lol. Essentially he robbed the guy.

Mods, can we get a ban on this tard? Go back to using your other account, Justin.

Comment

Originally posted by kirbster View Post
                  Packing an M&P?

Yes.

Comment

Originally posted by svo855 View Post
                    Was selling a new Honda 3000 Watt EU generator a few years ago and the buyer gave me 18 one hundred dollars bills 8 of which were photo copies. I told him that he could walk away without his money or he could wait for the cops. He tried to strong arm me and wound up pinned on the ground with me holding a gun in his gut. After a few brief moments of negotiations he realized that he could either leave without his cash or wait for the police; he wanted nothing to do with the police and left with my friends and I telling him that it was a pleasure doing business with him.

The same generator and the same ad also attracted 2 toothless hill billy deliverance style rapist ass holes who tried to jack me for it out by the TX motor speedway. They also got to see the business side of a gun and I told them to beat their feet. Got sick of dealing with this BS and had a buddy list it for me and the SAME TWO CLOWNS called him and said that they wanted to buy it. Listed it on the THF and it was gone in 15 minutes. Lesson learned.
                    Good for you!!! We have told SMF's in the past that you can not be the victim of a crime if you are committing a crime. Well unless you put a bullet in his brain that is, that might be a grey area. Ever slept in your truck before? Castle Doctrine maybe?

Had a special girl of the night "crack head" show up to say she had been raped one time. As the story goes a guy promised her a crack rock for a night of blissful pleasure. After the night was over he told her to get the F out. We told her sorry for her bad luck. I did tell her that the proper terminology would be theft of service though.
                    Whos your Daddy?

Comment

The right thing to do would have been to get the police involved, not stooping to his level. I won't say that the guy trying to buy something with counterfeit money didn't deserve to lose the $1G but stealing from a thief is still stealing. Now, if he would have just whooped his ass, that's a different story.
                      Did you vote for obama also?

Comment

I like to check Craigslist first for stuff that I'm looking to get where I don't mind if it's
                        used stuff.

All of my snowboard gear comes from craigslist, at about 25cents on the dollar.
                        Snowboard, boots, gloves, jackets, pants, goggles, everything. Mostly it comes from
                        people that try it out one time and don't care to continue with snowboarding.
                        So, I look for the stuff that is basically new or used 1 time.

I've been able to keep updating my gear as needed for the past several years.
                        It's always a year or two behind the new gear, but very inexpensive.

Not only the snowboard gear, but I've been able to score condo rentals near the
                        resorts for very good prices, less than half the rates. I've been able to do this
                        for 3 weeks this season.

Add all that and then see flight prices are attractive too. Round trip to
                        Denver for $150, with first checked bag free(on American Airlines).
                        Cheapie airline tickets for around $100 can be had, but you have to pay for every bag
                        checked and also carry-ons.
                        Rental car for $100 for a week.

If the economy gets better, I'm sure the deals will be harder to find.
                        Most of the non-essential spending can be had for a big discount in these troubled
                        economic times. Plus, more folks are in need of turning out stuff for cash.

Floating low-ball offers have been working with unusual frequency for me.
                        At this point, it's the new norm until the status quo changes.
                        Jay Johnson
                        Car hauler for hire

Comment

I got off topic a bit in my previous post.

Craigslist has been a place where I can hunt and pick up a few deals on car stuff.

$100 for a Fidanza Aluminum flywheel for LSX, brand new. These are around $350.

$2600 for a 1966 Chevy2 coupe with running small block and busted Glide.
                          This is easily worth 5 grand.

$3500 for a 1998 NASCAR F-150 truck rolling chassis and body, never had a drive
                          train in it. I've seen these selling for 7-10 grand.
                          I've been slowly retro fitting an LS1/T56 in it.

$200 for a LSX Meziere electric water pump. These are around $400 used, $700 new.

$200 rim and tire sets for my Silverado truck, I've picked up about 4 sets over the
                          years to keep my truck going. People just swap their new factory rims and tires for
                          bling-blings and I'll take the like-new factory rims with tires for cheap.
                          Jay Johnson
                          Car hauler for hire

Comment

Over the past few weeks I have been selling a bunch of used junk on Craigslist with no bad transactions besides people showing up late. I don't carry because I don't have my CHL but I bring my 100lbs lab/dane with me and I leave a window down. Sold my 2008 GT wheels to a guy putting them on an 09 and he called the dealership to make sure they fit.

I also search everyone's name on facebook and Google to see what pops up.
                            Last edited by 95ragtop; 01-27-2013, 01:37 PM.
                            De Oppresso Liber.

Comment

I do the occasional car flip to help pay the bills and buy toys. I do it differently from what most do. I call lots of cars on CL and find it was some ass hat that just bought it for vheap, did nothing to it and tried to flip it for more.... like way more. I will see a car go for $650 (that I passed on) and then see it next week for $2000 with nothing done and all the same mechanical issues.

I do it just like the show "Wheeler Dealers". I find something interesting that has good bones. I clean the hell out of it and then replace EVERYTHING mechanical thats wrong with it. If I am not comfertable driving it cross country then to me its not ready for sale. I then resell the car for what I paid plus parts cost and plus what I would normally bill for labor on it. I am still able to sell for WAY under book, get someone a nice and reliable car they otherwise couldnt afford and make enough to pay my bills and not be strapped for cash. Here are some of the jewels I have rescued and not a one went for over $2500.

One owner, only 22k miles, always in the garrage. Sold it on the way home from its purchase. Only had to install a window motor and fuel filter.:

Last edited by LaserSVT; 01-27-2013, 01:53 PM.
                              Good judgment comes from bad decisions and a lot of that comes from bad judgment.

Comment

Now on the flip side I have tried to get several good deals where I was promissed the car would be held as I made the long drive to get it only to have it sold after burning $60 in gas to get there. Seen many cars that were told they were in excellent shape with no error messages to only go see some clapped out POS or a car with 5+ error codes most of which are expensive. By the time I fix them I cant sell them to make any money and would basicly be working for free so I walk away.

I also get many ass hats that think they know it all. Like the second SHO I just sold. He offered $1800. I said I already have two $2000 offers that were refused so no. He insisted $1800 was all the car would ever be worth. I sold it 2 hours latter for the full $2500 I wanted for it. I usually sell them within 48 hours of posting the ad. One car took a week but I only buy and sell good cars so they go fast. I have many people call me up a few weeks latter to thank me again and say how its the first used car they ever bought that really did need no work at all.
                                Good judgment comes from bad decisions and a lot of that comes from bad judgment.

Comment

Working...
                                X