Craigslist stories, deals, and whores

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by talisman View Post
    I've gone back and forth with this guy over EIGHT emails since yesterday about a vintage credenza he has for sale. I've asked him for his phone number twice, and given him mine and told him to call me, so that we can just hammer everything out in 2 minutes. Nope, just keeps emailing me and ignoring the whole idea of talking on the phone, not even saying anything about it. I just retaliated by lowballing the shit out of him, and I never do that to people. Fucking irritating. I would have bought the goddamn thing last night, not still be talking about it late this afternoon.
    You call it lowballing, I call it a seller's fee for being stupid.
    "If I asked people what they wanted, they would have said faster horses." - Henry Ford

Comment

I've gone back and forth with this guy over EIGHT emails since yesterday about a vintage credenza he has for sale. I've asked him for his phone number twice, and given him mine and told him to call me, so that we can just hammer everything out in 2 minutes. Nope, just keeps emailing me and ignoring the whole idea of talking on the phone, not even saying anything about it. I just retaliated by lowballing the shit out of him, and I never do that to people. Fucking irritating. I would have bought the goddamn thing last night, not still be talking about it late this afternoon.
      Unless it's an absolute steal I completely avoid emailing. 90% of the time people won't reply or do what they just did to you. I can't stand it.
      Originally posted by Buzzo
      Some dudes jump out of airplanes, I fuck hookers without condoms.

sigpic

Comment

First fuck up was looking for a credenza. :-P

Sent from my C6916 using Tapatalk
        Non tapatalk Sig so the butt hurt va-JJs can stop crying about not being able to turn it off.

Comment

• Originally posted by crapstang View Post
          Unless it's an absolute steal I completely avoid emailing. 90% of the time people won't reply or do what they just did to you. I can't stand it.

The stuff I'm looking for isn't something you can just go out and buy, you have to wait for it to pop up and not be outrageously priced since it's an antique. I've been trying to buy the same thing in Penn for 3 weeks but can't get the shipping arranged, and one finally popped up local.

Rejected my lowball, but dropped the price by 13%. Let him sit on it overnight without responding. At this point I'm annoyed enough to just wait 6 months until another one pops up.

Comment

He could be like me and despise actually talking to people. I do all of my deals online so when we meet it's "Hand me the cash, here you go, have a nice day."
            I wear a Fez. Fez-es are cool

Comment

• Originally posted by Forever_frost View Post
              He could be like me and despise actually talking to people. I do all of my deals online so when we meet it's "Hand me the cash, here you go, have a nice day."

I don't like talking to people either, but if I'm selling something it is ridiculous to spread a potential sale out over 48 hours instead of just talking for 5 minutes on the phone and quickly hammering it out.

Comment

I don't like talking to people either, but if I'm selling something it is ridiculous to spread a potential sale out over 48 hours instead of just talking for 5 minutes on the phone and quickly hammering it out.
                maybe he wants transcripts of all deals being made in case the buyer tries to pull something later.

Comment

• Originally posted by 4bangen View Post
                  maybe he wants transcripts of all deals being made in case the buyer tries to pull something later.
                  How many shifty mofos are looking to buy a credenza??
                  2012 GT500

Comment

• Originally posted by Cobraman View Post
                    How many shifty mofos are looking to buy a credenza??
                    One that we know of.

Comment

One that we know of.
                      Indeed, though talisman seems like a stand up guy and I don't blame him, I mean have you seen that niggas couch??
                      2012 GT500

Comment

One that we know of.
                        LOL!

It's usually the people with the money who get jacked, not vice versa. I'm certainly not going to go to this guys house and somehow pull off some scam on a piece of 50 year old furniture. I still haven't responded to his counter offer, and I'm not sure if I'm going to as annoyed as I've gotten with the whole thing. I don't want to spend another week just trying to get him to take my goddamn money already.

Comment

• I tend to switch to using my google voice because it's faster than email. If I get to that point, I'm good to go. I'll hand out my real cell number just before a meet up at which point I'm sure they're not going to try to fuck with me.

Comment

• Originally posted by Cobraman View Post
                            Indeed, though talisman seems like a stand up guy and I don't blame him, I mean have you seen that niggas couch??
                            trollololol

Comment

• Originally posted by lowthreeohz View Post
                              trollololol
                              2012 GT500

Comment

• I responded to his counter offer of "The lowest I will go is....." with, Well, I could go $100 less. He came down another 50. haha

Comment

Working...
                                X