Craigslist stories, deals, and whores

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Craizie View Post
    My favorite is when someone send me an email and ask me "whats the least you'll take".
    Well, Mother Fucker, What's the most you'll pay?
    What kind of bargaining tactic is that?

Or if you are selling some for $2,000 "cash" some asshat always says "I'll give you $1000 CASH right now.
    Well, Mother Fucker, We can do lay-a-way but your're not getting shit until I have $2,000 cash.
    Tell me about it. I have a car up right now and that is happening. Now the car I have is bit of a junker, but I have it priced for less than half of what it's worth. Still getting $1000 offers. Pisses me off to no end. I could have a damned Terminator Cobra up for $4000 and have someone offer me $2000 cash today.

Originally posted by Shorty View Post
    I bought a Grand Cherokee in a Walmart parking lot in Waxahachie that was shady as fuck. The cargo area had broken auto glass in it and the title was signed but not in the name of the seller. He was alone so we asked him if he needed a ride and he said no, he had a relative that lived close by and just walked off. He left a half pack of Marlboro reds and some other small stuff in the console. The VIN didn't show up as stolen and he gave me the cell phone and email for the guy on the title (called before i did the deal and got voicemail but the name matched) but I was sweating it until I got it registered.
    As long as you have the title and the signed transfer form, there isn't much anyone can do to you.

Originally posted by LaserSVT View Post
    I do the occasional car flip to help pay the bills and buy toys. I do it differently from what most do. I call lots of cars on CL and find it was some ass hat that just bought it for vheap, did nothing to it and tried to flip it for more.... like way more. I will see a car go for $650 (that I passed on) and then see it next week for $2000 with nothing done and all the same mechanical issues.

I do it just like the show "Wheeler Dealers". I find something interesting that has good bones. I clean the hell out of it and then replace EVERYTHING mechanical thats wrong with it. If I am not comfertable driving it cross country then to me its not ready for sale. I then resell the car for what I paid plus parts cost and plus what I would normally bill for labor on it. I am still able to sell for WAY under book, get someone a nice and reliable car they otherwise couldnt afford and make enough to pay my bills and not be strapped for cash. Here are some of the jewels I have rescued and not a one went for over $2500.
    When I was flipping, I was the exact same way, if I didn't trust that car, then it didn't get sold. I made myself a damned good reputation in my area and it's made me some sales now that I am dealing. I still have people stop at my house because someone told them that I sold good cars.

Comment

Originally posted by SEB View Post
      I had a deal back when I was selling some rims & tires & we agreed on a price. of course when he gets here, He starts saying their messed up & tried offering me $100 less then what we agreed on. I told him that a deal is a deal & not a penny less. He then gets all pissed & starts cussing & I went & ahead & took a step back & got my distance & said you gonna buy it or not. If not then I got shit to do & aint got time to waste arguing with you. He gave in & paid me the agreed price. BUt for a short second there I thought it was gonna come to blows.
      Lol, he probably would have thrown a fist, but then realized he was going up against Goliath.

I also get many ass hats that think they know it all. Like the second SHO I just sold. He offered $1800. I said I already have two $2000 offers that were refused so no. He insisted $1800 was all the car would ever be worth.
      I can't stand people who talk to you like you have NO idea what your car is worth. I had someone come look at a clean bass boat that I owned...I got it for extremely cheap, so I was reselling it for a more than fair price. This guy shows up and looks at the boat for 10 seconds and tells me to go take him for a ride in it, because it looked like it wasn't worth the 3k it was listed for. He barely knew the difference between an inboard and an outboard motor, so I told him to take it or leave it since he obviously didn't know what he was looking at. He gets upset and offers the "1500" it's worth angrily, so I walk to my truck and start driving away as he's waving his hands desperately.
      I traded it later that day for a nice Honda bike and cash.
      Originally posted by Buzzo
      Some dudes jump out of airplanes, I fuck hookers without condoms.

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by jayjohnson600 View Post

$200 rim and tire sets for my Silverado truck, I've picked up about 4 sets over the
        years to keep my truck going. People just swap their new factory rims and tires for
        bling-blings and I'll take the like-new factory rims with tires for cheap.
        Word. I've bought four sets of factory 20" super duty take-off sets in the last year for $800/set. I'll run then for a while and then sell them for $1000-1200.

I've flipped a bunch of dodge hd take-off sets when I was driving dodges
        http://www.truthcontest.com/entries/...iversal-truth/

Comment

I love the show wheeler dealers, good to see I'm not the only one who watches it.

I use to be the same way about posting my cell phone number but now I just ask for text message only. But you are correct, idiots do not know how to use email or are afraid of it

Comment

I never put a phone number and I never put an email. They reply to the ad and I get a notification via craigslist. That way no possibility of spam if you read the response carefully. If it something like do you still have this item for sale I don't even reply.

Comment

Originally posted by krazy kris View Post
              I never put a phone number and I never put an email. They reply to the ad and I get a notification via craigslist. That way no possibility of spam if you read the response carefully. If it something like do you still have this item for sale I don't even reply.
              I hate people like you, if there isn't a phone number, I won't even bother. Nine times out of ten I never get a response when I email someone. I am going to get your phone number before I come look at the item, so why not just put it in the ad? Just spell out a few of the numbers to stop the spam bots. I also hate the people that list something, but have no time to show it.

Comment

Originally posted by JC316 View Post
                I hate people like you, if there isn't a phone number, I won't even bother. Nine times out of ten I never get a response when I email someone. I am going to get your phone number before I come look at the item, so why not just put it in the ad? Just spell out a few of the numbers to stop the spam bots. I also hate the people that list something, but have no time to show it.
                Good don't bother it won't change the way I post my ads. I have made that mistake before when I first started posting ads. I would have my phone ringing all night so yeah if you don't like it then fuck off and move on.

Comment

I never give my number as well. Email me your info is what I always say in the ad. Hasn't kept me from selling anything. I list my number, even spelled out numbers, and the phone gets spam and calls in the middle of the night.

Too many ass hats out there on CL so everyone suffers.
                  Good judgment comes from bad decisions and a lot of that comes from bad judgment.

Comment

Good don't bother it won't change the way I post my ads. I have made that mistake before when I first started posting ads. I would have my phone ringing all night so yeah if you don't like it then fuck off and move on.
                    I've never put my number because I don't want random people having my number. I didn't even think about people calling/texting in the middle of the night.

If somebody wants to buy something I have for sale, they'll click on the reply to link and enter my requested spam filter in the email subject line.

If they're too mentally challenged to handle that, I don't want to deal with them anyhow.

Comment

I bought a Mountain Bike off CL yesterday. The guy originally emailed me yesterday morning saying he had a few people coming to look. He then texted me back a few hours later saying the bike was mine if I wanted it. He said 3 others had verified they were coming, and never shown up.

Comment

Meh, I mute my phone when I am sleeping.

I never give my number as well. Email me your info is what I always say in the ad. Hasn't kept me from selling anything. I list my number, even spelled out numbers, and the phone gets spam and calls in the middle of the night.

Too many ass hats out there on CL so everyone suffers.
                        When people want me to e-mail them my info, it makes me think scammer. Why bother to surf ads when you can get people to email their info to a scammer? It's too damned much of a hassle to e-mail someone and then wait on a call. As for calling numbers, my general rule is between 12-9PM. Before or after, I shoot a text.

Originally posted by Cooter View Post
                        I've never put my number because I don't want random people having my number. I didn't even think about people calling/texting in the middle of the night.

If somebody wants to buy something I have for sale, they'll click on the reply to link and enter my requested spam filter in the email subject line.

If they're too mentally challenged to handle that, I don't want to deal with them anyhow.
                        Are old enough to remember advertising in the paper? All kinds of random people got your number that way. It's not like you are a celebrity and everyone is out to get you, pretty sure that you are safe lol.

My problem with e-mail is that 80% of them are inconsiderate assholes that never bother replying, or it takes them a few weeks to reply, which is why I stopped. When I buy something, I have cash in hand and I am ready to purchase. It's not like there aren't 100 other items exactly like the one I am looking at that I can actually get to.

Comment

Same here, they can email me with their number and I'll call them.

Stevo
                          Originally posted by SSMAN
                          ...Welcome to the land of "Fuck it". No body cares, and if they do, no body cares.

Comment

When people still used papers there weren't a million Nigerians subscribing to them to get the phone numbers either.

Comment

if you can't smell a scam ad from a mile away, you shouldn't be on CL

if you suspect an ad might be a scam, don't reply.

back when you listed things in the paper, there weren't automatic readers who would then blow your shit up with cruise offers and bullshit texts

Comment

Originally posted by talisman View Post
                                When people still used papers there weren't a million Nigerians subscribing to them to get the phone numbers either.
                                True, but you still had the asshole dealers that did cruise it.

if you can't smell a scam ad from a mile away, you shouldn't be on CL

if you suspect an ad might be a scam, don't reply.

back when you listed things in the paper, there weren't automatic readers who would then blow your shit up with cruise offers and bullshit texts
                                Oh I can spot a scam ad just fine. I am actually extremely careful when dealing on craigslist. I feel like the ones that wont give out their info have something to hide. I may be overly paranoid about it.

As for getting my ads "blown up", I get maybe two texts and one call, all of which are easy to spot by the area code. If dealing with that means getting a quicker sale, so be it.

I guess the people that use e-mail aren't relying on making sales to make money. With the type of volume that I move, there is no way I can rely strictly on e-mail.

Comment

Working...
                                X