Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

The Supra Turbo market can't really be this insane?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by FATHERFORD View Post
    I remember those things sitting on the lots because they wouldn't sell.
    Well I am sure you would have had a hard time explaining why you paid more for a Toyota coupe than you could have bought a new vette for back then.
    Originally posted by lincolnboy
    After watching Games of Thrones, makes me glad i was not born in those years.

Comment

At 28k, he's set on keeping that mofo.
      Vortex rear stand $75
      8.8 410s. $50

**SKAGG NASTY**
      My goal in life is to not arrive at the grave in a well preserved body.
      but rather to skid in sideways, totally worn out, shouting "holy shit!!!.. what a ride!"

1990 Foxbody GT for that ass
      11 4 door
      13 FX2 White 5.0

Comment

Originally posted by Bputacoma View Post
        ^ nice car. Kinda reminds me of Andi Barichati's supra.
        It was sold to a local guy, I want to say the guy worked for Macromedia or some other software company

Originally posted by Blakeski View Post
        dville you were in Plano then right?
        No, this was Los Colinas

Comment

Originally posted by DOHCTR View Post
          Well I am sure you would have had a hard time explaining why you paid more for a Toyota coupe than you could have bought a new vette for back then.
          Who would have thought a Toyota Supra would have been a "wiser" investment.
          "No free man shall ever be debarred the use of arms. The strongest reason for the people to retain the right to keep and bear arms is, as a last resort, to protect themselves against tyranny in government"

-- Thomas Jefferson, 1 Thomas Jefferson Papers, 334

Comment

aaah the good old days

that Supra is Silver.. Andi's was a 98 Quick silver which was more of a Pewter colour.
            2016 250 Mini dozer

No matter how fast light travels it finds the darkness has always got there first, and is waiting for it.

Comment

Originally posted by Bputacoma View Post
              ^ nice car. Kinda reminds me of Andi Barichati's supra.
              Agreed, I remember riding with him one night at a 635 and macarthur meet, he scared the shit out of me taking a few corners much faster than I was used to at the time. Any idea what he's up to these days?
              Interested in being a VIP member and donating to the site? Click here http://dfwmustangs.net/forums/payments.php

Comment

Originally posted by White_lightning View Post
                aaah the good old days

that Supra is Silver.. Andi's was a 98 Quick silver which was more of a Pewter colour.
                Have you ever heard of gForce computers for the Supra? Everything I know about them is probably way old school now. We had VPC, GCC, gForce computer, fmic, profec b, downpipe, "super dragger" exhaust, blitz techno speeds, we removed some butter fly valve in the intake (I think it was something to do with traction control, blah blah blah. I have no idea if they still do any of this stuff to the mkiv's

Comment

Originally posted by dville_gt View Post
                  Have you ever heard of gForce computers for the Supra? Everything I know about them is probably way old school now. We had VPC, GCC, gForce computer, fmic, profec b, downpipe, "super dragger" exhaust, blitz techno speeds, we removed some butter fly valve in the intake (I think it was something to do with traction control, blah blah blah. I have no idea if they still do any of this stuff to the mkiv's
                  I think I saw this car when it was dropped off at the Circuit city in Irving back in the day. I was in love with that thing.

Comment

Originally posted by Randy View Post
                    I think I saw this car when it was dropped off at the Circuit city in Irving back in the day. I was in love with that thing.
                    that'd be the car. had circuit city over by Irving mall put speakers in it back in the day. you might have also seen the red one if we dropped the silver one off.

Comment

I know where a silver t tops black leather manual supra with less than 20k miles on it is. It looks like brand new, and she hasnt drove it in over 10 years. Been in her garage since.

100.00 and I will give you the ladies number, she lives in rockwall

Comment

Originally posted by Buzzo View Post
                        I know where a silver t tops black leather manual supra with less than 20k miles on it is. It looks like brand new, and she hasnt drove it in over 10 years. Been in her garage since.

100.00 and I will give you the ladies number, she lives in rockwall
                        targa top?
                        Interested in being a VIP member and donating to the site? Click here http://dfwmustangs.net/forums/payments.php

Comment

Originally posted by Mach1 View Post
                          targa top?
                          yea, sorry targa top not t tops

Comment

I have wanted one for the longest time, always one of my favorite vehicles. I'm just too cheap to do it.

Comment

Originally posted by dville_gt View Post
                              the supra had a 6800 rpm rev limiter and was no programable.

the gforcr ecu added a flash eprom slot to the ecu which let you flash a tune on with a higher rev limiter.. basically $1k to raise the rev limiter.
                              2016 250 Mini dozer

No matter how fast light travels it finds the darkness has always got there first, and is waiting for it.

Comment

Originally posted by White_lightning View Post
                                the supra had a 6800 rpm rev limiter and was no programable.

the gforcr ecu added a flash eprom slot to the ecu which let you flash a tune on with a higher rev limiter.. basically $1k to raise the rev limiter.
                                weird, the way it was described back then was that it replaced 2 different parts of the ecu and allowed timing/fuel and rev limit upgrades

Comment

Working...
                                X