Boat

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Boat

In the market for a bass boat and have NEVER owned a boat. Been out with other folks, but never really paid attention to little details.

I am looking to see if anyone has a web site or other place that may be worth reading to learn about etiquette, laws and so forth so I don't royally screw myself or get people too pissed off.
    Originally posted by MR EDD
    U defend him who use's racial slurs like hes drinking water.

Bust
    Out
    Another
    Thousand

This is why I have friends with boats, and/or go out on charters..

Sometimes I think a divorce would be cheaper than owning a boat, she would only get half my retirement

Comment

I have always heard there are two happy days in boat ownership.
      The day you buy it and the day you sell it.....

Comment

Unfortunately, this is what my friends say too and I know more than one divorce has happened over boats. However, the wife has bought in due to kids enjoying it and we're not going to do other things.

Such as a pool, which is also another money pit. I'm being very cautious, but am well aware that I'm going to be spending some money.

Comment

get a pontoon boat
          THE BAD HOMBRE

Comment

Originally posted by naynay View Post
            get a pontoon boat
            Agreed. Way more family friendly and you can still do plenty of fishing from them.

Comment

Everyone I know that complains about boats costing too much don't actually own them. Yes they're expensive, but so are most other hobbies. I have a few friends that wouldn't give their boats up for much of anything.

Comment

Day you buy it, day you sell it.
                Originally posted by davbrucas
                I want to like Slow99 since people I know say he's a good guy, but just about everything he posts is condescending and passive aggressive.

Most people I talk to have nothing but good things to say about you, but you sure come across as a condescending prick. Do you have an inferiority complex you've attempted to overcome through overachievement? Or were you fondled as a child?

You and slow99 should date. You both have passive aggressiveness down pat.

Comment

I've had a couple boats. I don't remember being overwhelmed with the cost associated with ownership. Proper maintenance and care after each use will go along way.
                  sigpic

Comment

Row boat.

Comment

Fuck the boat haters. Get it and a pair of flippy floppys and enjoy.

Comment

Go spend a nice sunny Saturday afternoon at a busy boat ramp, entertainment that keeps on giving. Plus, you'll learn what not to do.

Comment

Yeah, been watching a ton of videos and doing the online education course that is offered.

At least the first few times, I plan to take people who DO know about boats and all the rules as well. Just trying to NOT be the guy that ends up with their SUV in the water or a sunk boat.

Comment

I got surprised with a boat for my bday, it is a Glastron fish and Ski, I have had boats before and cant remember spending a ton. Simple to work on and as long as you do the simple maintenance on it you will be fine. LMK if you ever want to go out, I will help in anyway I can.

Comment

People that say boats are too expensive are living beyond their means, and can't afford to own one. As has been mentioned, it's not an inexpensive hobby, nor should it be considered an "investment," but maintenance isn't that bad.

The #1 thing you can do to avoid pissing people of is to be aware of your wake.

Comment

Working...
                              X