Boat

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Mysticcobrakilla View Post
    Same can be said for jackass fishermen that haul ass to "their" fishing spot and throw line where I've been wakeboarding for hours, and then bitch about the rollers.

Jackasses on the ramp are just that. No matter what kind of boat.
    We have speed boats with trollin motors! My boat knows 2 speeds, WOT and idle lol I wasn't taking a shot at you, just the folks that do not know what to do at the ramp... My bad experience has been more with leisure boats than bass boats.

Comment

I have had 10 different bass boats. I now own a 18ft charger bass boat with a 175 Johnson. With the gas prices and the way this thing drinks fuel I'm very tempted to go downsize to a bass tracker. All I do is fish so a 17ft with a 4 stroke 60 sounds awesome only filling up 2 times a month and being on the water
      don't get a pontoon If you like to bass fish. Sandbass and cat fishing sure all day long can be done from a pontoon but you can't get where a bass boat can and it's very hard to maneuver. If your worried about the ramp just times that by 10 if you get a pontoon.

Be very careful when buying a used boat. Check the hull, floor, steering cables, compression, if it's been sitting, and most of all take it to the water before buying it. get it out there for 30 minutes or so and lift the lid in the back of the boat to check to see if there is any water in there. If there is you have a hole somewhere.

Comment

Originally posted by krazy kris View Post
        don't get a pontoon If you like to bass fish. Sandbass and cat fishing sure all day long can be done from a pontoon but you can't get where a bass boat can and it's very hard to maneuver. If your worried about the ramp just times that by 10 if you get a pontoon.
        This X1000

As a kid my father tried to get a new bass boat and the moms tried to bargain with him and we got a pontoon. Worst mistake ever since we liked to bass fish. We kept it for maybe a year and got rid of it. It's perfect for tying up to a stump and dropping a line, and also for drinking, but if you intend to bass fishing out of it, you'll hate it.

Comment

I've owned 2 boats and currently looking at getting into another one. Don't listen to all the boat haters. They are a blast to own and really aren't that expensive. On the two boats I've owned the most I ever spent at a repair shop at one time was $175 getting the carbs cleaned. Other than a battery here or there and gas/oil that was it.

Also stay away from Pontoon boats. Those things are nothing but a huge sail on the water and are a pain in the ass.

Comment

Just curious I know it varies from boater to boater, but how often do you change fluids?
            I have met some people that do it after two trips to the lake? That seems alittle much, I love my fish and ski, havent been able to play much with it being cold. It has alot of options, plus I love being able to put up the poles and go skiing with friends and family. it has the 4.3 V6 i/o

Comment

I've rebuilt 2 lower units so I change mine a little more often then most. I change the fluid once every 3-4 trips so that comes out to about twice a month

Comment

Originally posted by ceyko View Post
                Yeah, been watching a ton of videos and doing the online education course that is offered.

At least the first few times, I plan to take people who DO know about boats and all the rules as well. Just trying to NOT be the guy that ends up with their SUV in the water or a sunk boat.
                Call me! My underwater (scuba) search and recovery is $250 per hour. Once I locate said vehicle, trailer, boat, etc, I'll already have a tow truck there with me and you can pay that recovery cost at $100 per hour.

We are going to be new best friends! Don't worry though, insurance will cover most of it. It's the environmental charges that's really going to get you!

JK... Buy a boat and enjoy the hell out of it!
                Owner of Titan Towing

We have your towing needs covered!
                http://www.titantowing.net
                -------------------------------

Interested in being a VIP member and donating to the site? Click here to become a paid member!

Comment

haha, Kyle, should probably keep your card on me knowing my luck.
                  Originally posted by MR EDD
                  U defend him who use's racial slurs like hes drinking water.

Comment

No nautical themed pashmina afghan, no care.

Comment

Originally posted by ceyko View Post
                      haha, Kyle, should probably keep your card on me knowing my luck.
                      This is a testament to neither you or your wife getting in a hurry, it's all too easy to forget the parking brake, leave it in gear, be in reverse when you need to pull forward, etc. Ramp courtesy is appreciated, but saving feelings isn't worth damage to property or people.

That said, the drivers of the boat and vehicle need to be 100% aware of where all of your passengers are at all times, as well as anyone else nearby. ESPECIALLY when boating with children. In between the vehicle and trailer is a very dangerous place to be when the drivers don't know you are there.

Comment

If you go the pontoon route, make sure you get one with the bigger motor (90HP+) so you can pull tubes/skis.
                        WRX

Comment

I just wanna say F U to the op. This thread has had me thinking about hitting the lake all goddamn day.

Comment

Originally posted by mustang_revival View Post
                            If you go the pontoon route, make sure you get one with the bigger motor (90HP+) so you can pull tubes/skis.
                            I personally recommend dual or triple 200hp+ motors. 90hp is a little undersized depending on the size of the lake.

Comment

Originally posted by dblack1 View Post
                              I personally recommend dual or triple 200hp+ motors. 90hp is a little undersized depending on the size of the lake.
                              I stand corrected. 600HP+ of prop in the water or stay home.
                              WRX

Comment

Originally posted by mustang_revival View Post
                                I stand corrected. 600HP+ of prop in the water or stay home.
                                Guess my 330hp in a v-drive is worthless now :-(

Comment

Working...
                                X