No announcement yet.

Best place to buy a suit?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I found a pair of Allen Edmonds I like but with a Navy suit, would Merlot or Walnut color go better?

Comment

Originally posted by SMKR View Post
      I found a pair of Allen Edmonds I like but with a Navy suit, would Merlot or Walnut color go better?
      i do both myself, but its easier and i bit safer to pair navy with merlot/burgundy. probably more appropriate in a business setting as well.

Comment

Originally posted by Pro88LX View Post
        I dont work there either, im in the mortgage business. I just research before i throw hundreds of dollars out there They have the style part down, im just dissapointed with the Hugo Boss suit i have for the $$ i spent on it, and have since researched the differences.

IDK if youre calling the norstrom rack/neiman marcus last call/saks off fifth huge discounters, but they carry what didnt sell out at the full line stores or stuff from last season, which in meanswear is pretty much the same as the current season since it doesnt really change.
        This isn't true. They carry a few residue suits (sent from a full line store), but most things they carry there now are direct purchase from the retailer.

Comment

Originally posted by bcoop View Post
          The one I go to (Southlake) is always very well organized, and well kept. Your generalization is incorrect.
          Eh, the one by NorthPark is a disaster, only one I've gone to. Either way, nice stuff, just not what I would expect from Nordstrom.
          2009 Mercedes C63 AMG

Comment

It is important to remember that you can't just swear off Men's Wearhouse because you don't like their brands. I have bought CK and DKNY suits from them for reasonable prices. Last time I went in there I got three of them for right at a grand.

I have to agree on Nordstrom Rack, it is the the shit for any kind of nice clothes. I go to the one in Plano a couple of times a month. I got a nice ass pair of Bruno Maglis in there for $107, retail was $415. That is probably my most impressive score so far but I go there for anything I need.

I have to agree about Hugo Boss, I like their stuff. Primarily I buy their shoes, I have many pairs of them.

When I buy my work clothes I have to like what it is before I consider cost. Once I decide I like something I generally get it no matter what it costs as long as it is within reason.
            Originally posted by racrguy
            What's your beef with NPR, because their listeners are typically more informed than others?
            Originally posted by racrguy
            Voting is a constitutional right, overthrowing the government isn't.

Comment

Working...
            X