Good Weekend Get Away Ideas

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by bcoop View Post
    I've never been, but I don't really see it as relaxing.
    Napa/Sonoma, Fisherman's Wharf, and (I have no idea what else we will do) are cool things to just do nothing and drink.

I've been many times on business but never tried to fit in anything leisurely. I used to go to SF (Sonoma) once a quarter as my old boss lived there and he loved to make everyone come to him for quarterly meetings.

Comment

Love SF, but wouldn't go there to relax.

Comment

Roscoe, hit me up before you go.
        Originally posted by davbrucas
        I want to like Slow99 since people I know say he's a good guy, but just about everything he posts is condescending and passive aggressive.

Most people I talk to have nothing but good things to say about you, but you sure come across as a condescending prick. Do you have an inferiority complex you've attempted to overcome through overachievement? Or were you fondled as a child?

You and slow99 should date. You both have passive aggressiveness down pat.

Comment

Originally posted by Roscoe View Post
          Wife has been nagging me to take her to San Francisco for a weekend (Fri-Sun), I think in the next month or so we'll do that.
          If you do this, make sure you go to Fishermans Warf so you can get some good seafood.
          Originally posted by talisman View Post
          Love SF, but wouldn't go there to relax.
          Pretty much this, it's going to be CRAZY difficult to relax in a place like that.

Comment

Originally posted by racrguy View Post
            If you do this, make sure you go to Fishermans Warf so you can get some good seafood.

Pretty much this, it's going to be CRAZY difficult to relax in a place like that.
            Best seafood isn't on the wharf.
            Originally posted by davbrucas
            I want to like Slow99 since people I know say he's a good guy, but just about everything he posts is condescending and passive aggressive.

Most people I talk to have nothing but good things to say about you, but you sure come across as a condescending prick. Do you have an inferiority complex you've attempted to overcome through overachievement? Or were you fondled as a child?

You and slow99 should date. You both have passive aggressiveness down pat.

Comment

Originally posted by slow99 View Post
              Roscoe, hit me up before you go.
              Absolutely - had planned on it

Comment

Originally posted by slow99 View Post
                Best seafood isn't on the wharf.
                I should have consulted you while I was in the area in October if that's the case.

Comment

Fredericksburg is a cool TX getaway. Wineries, some live country music, etc.

What kind of stuff do you guys prefer? Nature and outdoors? City life, bright lights, and people?

Comment

Originally posted by Brn N Rubr View Post
                    Fredericksburg is nice.
                    Then you can go take a distillery tour and sample whiskey

Comment

Originally posted by GrayStangGT View Post
                      Then you can go take a distillery tour and sample whiskey

http://www.garrisonbros.com/content/sit-and-sip-tours
                      I am headed to Fredericksburg this coming weekend. Looks like the fiance and I are going to be hitting the distillery for a tour!
                      01 red GT - 745whp/780wtq Whippled 4V and built 4R75W

Comment

For a unique adventure, stay at the Hangar Hotel at the Gillespie airport in Fredericksburg. It's right on the taxi way and there's a cool diner next door. The whole thing is 1940s themed. My wife and I flew there and she absolutely loved it. http://www.hangarhotel.com/

Comment

Looking for a place to have fun but relax if we want. I am leaning torward a weekend trip to Vegas as it is cheap enough and neither of us have ever been. We love camping and the outdoors also so going to look into the other placesisted for other weekend trips.

Looks like roundtrip to Vegas with nice hotel runs from $750 and to $1200 so that fits the bill. Throw in some for a show and gambling and call it good..

Comment

Originally posted by Brn N Rubr View Post
                            For a unique adventure, stay at the Hangar Hotel at the Gillespie airport in Fredericksburg. It's right on the taxi way and there's a cool diner next door. The whole thing is 1940s themed. My wife and I flew there and she absolutely loved it. http://www.hangarhotel.com/
                            That looks cool as hell. I'll have to check it out next time I spend some time down there.

Comment

A cabin at McKinney Falls state park in Austin is $35/night, and sleeps 8. That place rules.
                              ZOMBIE REAGAN FOR PRESIDENT 2016!!! heh

Comment

Originally posted by racrguy View Post
                                That looks cool as hell. I'll have to check it out next time I spend some time down there.
                                It was an awesom get away and my wife loved it. Even better when you can fly yourself down there!

Comment

Working...
                                X