Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

so i have an mri appt.. getting a little uneasy. ...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Roscoe View Post
    Stop being a pussy.
    Ditto...another pussy on disability in the making.

Comment

I always figured it was no big deal. I had a couple, no sweat. If I started to get clausterphobic, I'd relax, find my happy place and breathe. Within a few minutes I'd nod off.

But I've got a buddy who's a HUGE guy 6'8" and big from top to bottom. This guy played college football, was a PADI diving instructor and highly experienced parachutist. Not a pussy, but clausterphobic. He had to do an MRI in a closed unit. He freaked the hell O-U-T. He said when they pulled him out, he had screamed himself hoarse (kinda noisy and nobody could hear him screaming) and thought he was literally going to lose his mind.

Comment

I spend about an hour in an mri machine once a year. I was nervous as hell the first time and the very close quarters were really unnerving. You get used to it.

The best thing to do is to get the scans while you're tired. Also, wear a warm long sleeve shirt. It'll help you stay warmer and feel a little cozy. It makes it much easier to relax. Hell, last time I got my scans done they had to keep waking me up. I would fall asleep and start moving around.
        "You wouldn't know what crazy was if Charles Manson was eating Fruit Loops on your front porch"

Comment

Originally posted by talisman View Post
          Bullshit on taking a nap unless you're medicated. It isn't exactly a quiet bed and breakfast in there.
          I have as well..

Comment

I had to have one a month ago for my migraines. Loud MRI and migraines do not mesh well. Aside from it being loud, it's not a big deal. My 8 year old daughter had one a week ago and almost flipped smooth out until they got her in there. It looks intimidating, but they gave her headphones and movie goggles and she got to watch a fucking movie. I didn't get to watch a fucking movie.

If my 8 year old can do it, so can you, pussy.
            Token Split Tail

Originally posted by slow99
            Lmao...my favorite female poster strikes again.
            Originally posted by Pokulski-Blatz
            You are a moron .... you were fucking with the most powerful vagina on DFW(MU)stangs.

Comment

Originally posted by davbrucas View Post
              So you got rear ended by a cab and now your doctor is getting an MRI? You dont need an MRI. It will not change your management. You have musculoskeletal strains. Motrin and PT and you will be good. I take it there is litigation involved?
              Of course there is...this is 'Merica.. People are such pussies these days

To the OP, stop being a pussy. Just lay on the thing, put on the headphones they give you and take a nap.

Comment

DUBYA TEE EFF?! I never get headphones or movie goggles! I'm making a list of requests for next time......I bet they tell me to go jump in a lake! If you have to get cortisone shots in your back I bet you cry.

Comment

i had an old highschool friend die in an MRI fwiw
                  THE BAD HOMBRE

Comment

Shit, I feel asleep when I has one .
                    Doug

90 LX Coupe 5.0
                    90 7up Vert. 5.0

Comment

Originally posted by naynay View Post
                      i had an old highschool friend die in an MRI fwiw
                      What, did it scare him to death? Was he fucking murdered? Did he have a plate in his head and they turned it on?
                      DE OPPRESSO LIBER

Comment

Freddy Krueger is waiting in the MRI machine for you to fall asleep so he can slice and dice you. Have a nice MRI.

Comment

Originally posted by HarrisonTX View Post
                          What, did it scare him to death? Was he fucking murdered? Did he have a plate in his head and they turned it on?
                          Squeezed him to death.

Comment

I never get to do any cool shit. OP=vag
                            Originally posted by talisman
                            I wonder if there will be a new character that specializes in bjj and passive agressive comebacks?
                            Originally posted by AdamLX
                            If there was, I wouldn't pick it because it would probably just keep leaving the game and then coming back like nothing happened.
                            Originally posted by Broncojohnny
                            Because fuck you, that's why
                            Originally posted by 80coupe
                            nice dick, Idrivea4banger
                            Originally posted by Rick Modena
                            ......and idrivea4banger is a real person.
                            Originally posted by Jester
                            Man ive always wanted to smoke a bowl with you. Just seem like a cool cat.

Comment

Hope you don't have any tattoos, it'll catch fire and then rip them thru your skin since tat ink contains little bits of metal. Saw it on TV, it's true!

Comment

Originally posted by idrivea4banger View Post
                                I never get to do any cool shit. OP=vag
                                No shit. the coolest "procedure" done on me outside of stitches was a chest X-ray.

Dr. Dave hit the nail on the head.

Comment

Working...
                                X