Who's tailgating today

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Who's tailgating today

Who's tailgating for opening day and where at ill be down there with a huge group of friends gettin my drink and grubbage on

I brake tailgaters!

Comment

Tailgating for ?

Comment

Originally posted by krazy kris View Post
        Tailgating for ?
        Rangers.

Comment

Originally posted by Smashmix View Post
          Who's tailgating for opening day and where at ill be down there with a huge group of friends gettin my drink and grubbage on
          You do know that you have to have a ticket to get into the ballpark's lots, right?
          "If I asked people what they wanted, they would have said faster horses." - Henry Ford

Comment

Originally posted by Baron View Post
            You do know that you have to have a ticket to get into the ballpark's lots, right?
            Lol we shall soon find out when the "those sumbishes" reply comes. I plan on doing some tailgating for a few games this season.

Comment

I was just tailgating Jenn on the edge of the bed.

Comment

Originally posted by Snatch Napkin View Post
                Pics?

Comment

Originally posted by Baron View Post
                  They didn't check tickets to get in to the parking lot last game I went to. Just had to pay the $$ for the spot.

Originally posted by Snatch Napkin View Post
                  Win.

Comment

Originally posted by 71chevellejohn View Post
                    They didn't check tickets to get in to the parking lot last game I went to. Just had to pay the $$ for the spot.

They do now. This is all new for this season. No glass bottles, no tickets - no parking, no grills, no flames, blah blah blah. What a fucking bummer. It used to be such a big party. One of my customer's threw a massive party every year. They couldn't do it this year, due to all the new rules. It's all a bunch of horseshit.
                    Originally posted by BradM
                    But, just like condoms and women's rights, I don't believe in them.
                    Originally posted by Leah
                    In other news: Brent's meat melts in your mouth.

Comment

Originally posted by bcoop View Post
                      They do now. This is all new for this season. No glass bottles, no tickets - no parking, no grills, no flames, blah blah blah. What a fucking bummer. It used to be such a big party. One of my customer's threw a massive party every year. They couldn't do it this year, due to all the new rules. It's all a bunch of horseshit.
                      That land of the controlled.

I was going to buy tickets for the family, but decided to say fuck it when I realized that standing room only tickets were $70+.

On the other hand, I can get 5 tickets, with food included and parking for $80 if I go watch the Rough Riders.

Comment

Wait... I thought that all that was changed was u had to have a ticket to tailgate. So now u can't have glass bottles (big whoop), flames, grills?! I thought it was just no ticket = no tailgate.

Comment

Originally posted by Tannerm View Post
                          Wait... I thought that all that was changed was u had to have a ticket to tailgate. So now u can't have glass bottles (big whoop), flames, grills?! I thought it was just no ticket = no tailgate.

That's what I was told. I didn't get the email, but the Rangers sent out an email blast with the new restrictions. I'm sure you can find them if you search enough. This will be the first time in many years that I haven't gone to opening day.
                          Originally posted by BradM
                          But, just like condoms and women's rights, I don't believe in them.
                          Originally posted by Leah
                          In other news: Brent's meat melts in your mouth.

Comment

That's what I was told. I didn't get the email, but the Rangers sent out an email blast with the new restrictions. I'm sure you can find them if you search enough. This will be the first time in many years that I haven't gone to opening day.
                            I saw a news story on it recently but don't remember all the details. I do remember the "must have a ticket" and no bottles. I seem to remember that you have to go into the game by a certain inning as well.. In other words, you cannot keep the tailgating going through the entire game.

Curious on the "must have a ticket" part, since I have picked up tickets at will call in the past. How can you do that if you can't even park?

Comment

Here:

As first pitch of the new seasons approaches, the Texas Rangers change tailgating rules

In an effort to clamp down on opening day chaos, the Texas Rangers are implementing new rules for tailgating at the ballpark.

Among the changes: Tailgaters must have tickets to the game to gain entrance to the parking lots; they cannot linger in the parking lots past the second inning; and private portable toilets will no longer be available.

Also, leave the deep fat fryer at home.

Rob Matwick, executive vice president of ballpark operations, said the changes, which were in effect last year for postseason play, were made “to guarantee that we have parking on our lots for customers who have purchased tickets to the game.”

Last year the lots were jammed with people “who were not going to the game and had no intention of going to the game, were coming and just throwing their own parties,” Matwick said.

That lead to “some over indulgence,” he said. “It can become an issue in terms of crowd control.”

Check out the Rangers’ website for more specifics.
                              BUT...

Rangers say they won't be 'heavy-handed' with new tailgating restrictions for Ballpark lots

Some new tailgating restrictions at Texas Rangers games could be more a recommendation than hard and fast rule after opening weekend.
                              A Texas Rangers official said the restrictions – including the requirement that tailgaters have game tickets – would remain in place all season. But all restrictions might not be enforced when there isn’t a need.
                              Rob Matwick, Rangers executive vice president of ballpark operations, said there are only a small number of games each season when tailgating interferes with other fans’ parking. In some cases, parking was in such short supply that fans had to park on the opposite side of Cowboys Stadium.
                              “We’re not trying to be heavy-handed,” Matwick said during a Thursday morning tour of Rangers Ballpark improvements. “We’ll use common sense.”
                              Some restrictions, including an open flame ban, would remain no matter the crowd size.
                              The new rules were established to address the huge crowds the Rangers have drawn on recent opening days and playoff runs. Matwick said he heard that Arlington police had estimated that 10,000 or more people were tailgating without tickets at last year’s opening day.
                              “It’s a good problem to have,” he said about the team’s surge in popularity.
                              The Rangers shattered their franchise record for attendance last season after back-to-back World Series appearances. But Texas narrowly missed the playoffs last year after fading late in the season.
                              Thursday’s Ballpark tour unveiled the new Capital One Club, a new pro shop and six new concession stands near near home plate. The team also replaced 12,000 lower bowl seats and added a row row of seating behind home plate. The Rangers have spent about $35 million on stadium upgrades during last three off seasons.
                              One new concession stand is a spin off from the success of last year’s 2-foot-long Boomstick hot dog. The Texas Sized 24 stand serves only 2-foot or 24 ounce food items, from quesadillas to burgers to pretzels. Be prepared to pay $13 to $32 and share.
                              These mega-sized foods were rolled out late last season, but there were few opportunities to serve them when the Rangers missed the playoffs.

Comment

Working...
                              X