Warning: Trying to access array offset on value of type null in phar://.../vb/vb.phar/bbcode/url.php on line 2 Warning: Trying to access array offset on value of type null in phar://.../vb/vb.phar/bbcode/url.php on line 2 Two explosions at Boston marathon finish line - DFW Mustangs

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Two explosions at Boston marathon finish line

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Roscoe View Post
    I'm watching the news and it's on there as well... Not enough time to write an article I guess?
    Thanks Roscoe. I thought I was losing my grip...

Comment

• Meanwhile back in Boston
      http://www.wptv.com/dpp/news/nationa...suspicious-bag
      BOSTON -- A US Airways flight that landed in Boston was evacuated after a suspicious bag was found, according to a report from nbcphiladelphia.com

Flight 1716 left Philadelphia and arrived in Boston's Logan Airport within the last hour, the station reports.

Law enforcement is checking the plane.

Comment

• Not much info for now.

Comment

• Originally posted by DallasSleeper View Post
          Meanwhile back in Boston
          BOSTON -- A US Airways flight that landed in Boston was evacuated after a suspicious bag was found, according to a report from nbcphiladelphia.com

Flight 1716 left Philadelphia and arrived in Boston's Logan Airport within the last hour, the station reports.

Damn I'm good...

Comment

• Originally posted by DallasSleeper View Post
            Meanwhile back in Boston

1716?! The first slaves arrived in Louisiana in 1716! It's a sign....an Alex Jones sign!

I keep seeing that America is a melting pot, etc etc. Seems consistent that when the melting pot held vanilla, the country was going great. Now that the melting pot looks like shit, the country follows.

Comment

• Everything under the sun is going to reported as suspicious. Same thing happened after 9/11.

Comment

• Laguardia is clear.

Comment

• Found this, compilation of facts and resources from the bombings.

Boston Situation Summary (Español, Português, 简体中文, 繁體中文, Tiếng Việt) Admins Jonathan Wilde, Eric Glickman-Tondreau, Josh Liebow-Feeser, Jason Pramas, Joyce Bettencourt, Marisa Hardwicke, Lei Zhu Writers Stevie Zhang, Priyanka Dharampuriya Contact admins & friends: info@bostonsitu...

This afternoon, the Boston Marathon was suspended due to an attack. This event is a tragedy in the making, covered internationally by media, government, and citizen alike; I can't say what the highest number was but I personally witnessed sixty thousand people listen in on scanners over the internet. With contradicting information coming from all over, places like reddit have done a superb job of disseminating and organizing information, helping establish aid for those who need it, and otherwise being a calm voice in an otherwise hectic disaster. In this thread I will begin by laying out fact versus speculation, and then provide the resources available at this time.
                  As it is a constantly developing story, this post is obviously subject to change. Please be patient with me as I try to keep on top of an ever-growing pile of dubious information. Sourcing will be done in the comments, due to text constraints of self posts.
                  The story as it stands
                  Casualties
                  When the story broke, most news sites hesitated to state any speculation about casualties, though I specifically recall the "2 dead, 12 injured" thrown around at the time. The assumed number became 2 about half an hour into the disaster, then jumped to 12. I make no assumptions or judgements but I assume this was a mixup of the number of injured assumed at the time. For some time now we have concluded that the fatality number is 3, though that could change depending on what happens to those in treatment. Having lived in Boston for most of my life, I have great faith in our citizens in the medical field. The number of injured went from 12 to 30 to 70 to 144, and I can't say for sure that this number is at all final.
                  Of the injured, the subject in the famous image of the man in the wheelchair who's legs were torn apart by the explosion is in stable condition.
                  Summary: 3 confirmed dead, injured in the 140s.
                  Update: One of the dead one is an eight year old boy, the other two are women, one 20-22, the other 24-30.
                  The bombs
                  We first assumed that the bombs were hidden in garbage cans; however, it seems now that they were packages left on the ground. There were two explosions, and one supposed failed device that was destroyed later. The JFK fire was not caused by a bomb, and while up to 5 suspicious devices were found elsewhere there has been no confirmation that they are explosives. Due to the keyword 'incendiary' tied with the JFK event, I cannot conclude what sort of bombs they were; however, ball bearing shrapnel have been confirmed in patients. Cellphone service was supposedly (doubtfully) temporarily shut down in the area but I can't confirm that the explosives were set off by cellphones.
                  Summary: What we know is simply that there were two bombs, suspicious packages set down on the street. I don't know if the supposed 'third device' that plagued discourse for the first three hours of this event was actually an explosive or not, but know it was treated as one. Other suspicious devices have been inconclusive.
                  Update: Apparently two unexploded devices have been recovered and disarmed.
                  Suspects
                  The investigation is in full force, and has now been taken up by the FBI. Warrants have been issued, and the media has made mention of suspects; however, I cannot confirm that there is any person of interest nor anyone in custody as of this moment. A hospitalized Saudi national was a suspect, however, it was found that he had nothing to do with the attack.
                  On a broader level, it is clear that this was an attack; the 'gas leak' theory was shot down in 20 minutes. This is by its very definition an act of terrorism. No groups or names have taken credit for this, so we cannot say that the perpetrator has any affiliation with any organization, and could possibly be working on their own. Furthermore, we do not know if this is a domestic or an international issue, let alone what the agenda of the person is to begin with.
                  However, there have been several reports on the ground of suspicious activity since before the event and several leads to work on, authorities confirm. We have nothing yet but we are on the right path for answers.
                  Update: This was not the work of the Pakistani Taliban.
                  Update: It is confirmed that a house was searched in revere last night

Comment

• Saw infowars, didn't click.

Comment

• Originally posted by diablo rojo View Post
                      3 dead, 176 injured

The boy ran back to his mother and was one of the three killed when the bomb went off. The mother suffered brain injuries and the boys sister lost a leg. What that father must be feeling right now.....as a father myself.....I can only imagine.
                      I can only imagine one thing that I would be thinking and I suspect most of the board would be too.

Comment

• Originally posted by Sean88gt View Post
                        1716?! The first slaves arrived in Louisiana in 1716! It's a sign....an Alex Jones sign!

I keep seeing that America is a melting pot, etc etc. Seems consistent that when the melting pot held vanilla, the country was going great. Now that the melting pot looks like shit, the country follows.
                        Man I feel bad for LOL'ing at this.

Comment

Saw infowars, didn't click.
                          ^^^^what this guy said

Comment

• Originally posted by 90GT50 View Post
                            Found this, compilation of facts and resources from the bombings.

Boston Situation Summary (Español, Português, 简体中文, 繁體中文, Tiếng Việt) Admins Jonathan Wilde, Eric Glickman-Tondreau, Josh Liebow-Feeser, Jason Pramas, Joyce Bettencourt, Marisa Hardwicke, Lei Zhu Writers Stevie Zhang, Priyanka Dharampuriya Contact admins & friends: info@bostonsitu...

... With contradicting information coming from all over, places like reddit have done a superb job of disseminating and organizing information, helping establish aid for those who need it, and otherwise being a calm voice in an otherwise hectic disaster ...
                            so basically the media are all a bunch of blowhards and the people of the internet are the smart calm ones. why? the media is out to make that $$$ , even in times like these

Comment

Saw infowars, didn't click.
                              Apparently family guy predicted the bombing.
                              "No free man shall ever be debarred the use of arms. The strongest reason for the people to retain the right to keep and bear arms is, as a last resort, to protect themselves against tyranny in government"

-- Thomas Jefferson, 1 Thomas Jefferson Papers, 334

Comment

Working...
                              X