Anyone active duty Army here?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by ceyko View Post
    Get the older ruck and do like I did on my first 20 mile march...packed me e-tool in the wrong spot and about rub a hole through my back and out my stomach.

That's why I'm pissy about people with frames on their packs.
    Body armor between steel frame and back. I can not think of one time in the Marines were we rucked without at a minimum a Flak vest..

My Alice framed pack I used in Afg got tons of use but once again I always had body armor when I had to wear it for extended periods of time.
    Fuck you. We're going to Costco.

Comment

• The padded shoulder straps and kidney pad are made by tactical tailor, the shoulder straps used to slide and become loose when I first got them, after about 2 weeks they broke in and helped me through 130 lbs rocks. when you pack heavy items on top helps. Invest in quality boots and good socks, hot spots and blisters suck.
      De Oppresso Liber.

Comment

• heres a little help for you.. start doing these every day. http://www.armyprt.com/strength_and_...s/index.shtml#

Comment

• Originally posted by davbrucas View Post
          Yup...they have a minimum score to join that unit, but if you are bare minimum you may get looked over. Kick ass on that test and that will show you where you stand mentally. You should take that test ASAP.
          Just curious, what is on that test?

Comment

• Remember to have fun in what ever MOS you go for...

And try to go overseas, as in get stationed overseas, you will go to the desert i guarentee it. I spent 4 years "stationed" in Korea. Less than 2 years of that time was actually IN Korea, i was all over the place with the Spec Ops Community.... i had a fucking blast... I miss those days....

You have the rest of your life to explore the USA.... go see the world.

Did airborne Change? i went threough in 97, it was 3 weeks back then... fuk i still remember my cherry blast....

Comment

• OH Once you get into your unit... TAKE MOTHER FUCKING PICTURES... after 9 years of service, the biggest mistake i ever made was not taking pictures to remember all the crazy shit i did, friends i made, and fun stuff we accomplished...

In fact i fear i lost the few pictures i had due to a fucked up HDD....

Comment

Working...
              X