Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Any high mileage drivers lease their cars?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by saleen449 View Post
    I drive 20K a year per car and ALL of mine are leased. But I may not know what I'm doing....
    I can see where middle ground can be met at 20,000 but I do not see how a dealership can make decent money on 30,000 and not have the customer pay a ton (I have only worked in the service side of a dealership). If my memory serves me correct that most dealerships send any vehicles they get back with more than 85,000 miles to auctions.

Skip, if you think we can work out something I am willing to talk. I guess with Ford's options the Escape SEL fits what I am looking for.

Comment

Originally posted by no4njnk View Post
      I can see where middle ground can be met at 20,000 but I do not see how a dealership can make decent money on 30,000 and not have the customer pay a ton (I have only worked in the service side of a dealership). If my memory serves me correct that most dealerships send any vehicles they get back with more than 85,000 miles to auctions.

Skip, if you think we can work out something I am willing to talk. I guess with Ford's options the Escape SEL fits what I am looking for.
      I don't know if they lease them or not, but Lyn's Transit Connect is a fucken awesome work vehicle. Can haul a TON of shit inside it, and can seat 5 with plenty of storage space in the back still. She drives mostly city, and averages 23.5 MPG

Ugly, sure, but it is a darn good vehicle for what it is intended for. Cheap work vehicle.

Comment

If you drive a lot of miles leasing probably isn't the best choice.

Comment

Working...
        X