"Craft" beer recommendation

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by GrayStangGT View Post
    The Dog fish brewery is on my short list of places to go in the next few years, sounds like it does not disappoint. I wouldn't even mind going up and staying at their Dog Fish Inn and doing the full blown experience.
    Yeah I considered that but the Inn is in Lewes, the brewpub in Rehobeth Beach and the brewery is in Milton. They do offer a shuttle service but the Inn is kind of pricey! There are tons of other hotels in Rehobeth Beach for less money but obviously without the DFH schwag.

I also remembered they have a grain to glass tour, it's way more in depth and includes a visit to the burning man tree house. Their distiller runs it and it focuses more on their spirits.

Comment

• That is awesome, I've seen that beer at specs, but haven't tried it.

Comment

• For reference the Dogfish Inn is $289 peak season for Friday or Saturday, $240 for others. The shuttle package is $45 per person but includes the VIP tour and guaranteed seating at the pub, which on a Friday or Saturday is probably a great perk. We went on Sunday and had a 45 minute wait. The prices drop $100 or so for off peak.

There are two hotels right next to the brewpub that go for $130-$150 a night and are within easy walking distance of the beach. There are dozens of other ones in the area along with plenty of VRBO housing.

Comment

• Just cracked open a 2015 bottle of DFH Fort. I'd never even heard of this beer but it's pretty good. They call it a strong golden ale fermented with a ton of raspberries. It's also 18% alcohol.

A little hot on the booze side for my tastes but an impressive beer for sure and almost impossible to find.

The same beer store I got it from has KBS, 120 minute, several Bourbon County beers, just about everything from Brooklyn (black ops and quadraceratops) and a whole lot of others I've never had. I may either go broke or die from liver failure.

Comment

• Has anyone tried Legal Draft Beer that recently opened in Arlington?

Comment

• Looked through my beer stash tonight and I already had a Palo Santo, I must have picked it up in a make your own 6 pack deal. Pretty god beer.

Comment

• Originally posted by phaux View Post
                Has anyone tried Legal Draft Beer that recently opened in Arlington?
                didnt look like anything special to me. That same day Martin House had some stuff I wanted to try.
                HD Parts
                paul@maverickhd.com

Comment

Looked through my beer stash tonight and I already had a Palo Santo, I must have picked it up in a make your own 6 pack deal. Pretty god beer.

Someone likes tasty wine, too! Very nice.

Comment

• Originally posted by GE View Post
                    Someone likes tasty wine, too! Very nice.
                    Thanks. I've been on a big Orin Swift kick this year. We went to napa last month and did the full tour at Opus One which was incredible as well as countless tastings at places like silver oak and caymus. The coolest thing though was Francis Coppolas Tucker car on display at his Inglenook winery.

Comment

Thanks. I've been on a big Orin Swift kick this year. We went to napa last month and did the full tour at Opus One which was incredible as well as countless tastings at places like silver oak and caymus. The coolest thing though was Francis Coppolas Tucker car on display at his Inglenook winery.
                      Yeah, I've been to Napa twice and Napa/Sonoma once. Hoping to make it out to Oregon later this year with some industry peeps. I went to an Inglenook tasting a couple of years ago, that's some tasty stuff!

Comment

• Originally posted by phaux View Post
                        Has anyone tried Legal Draft Beer that recently opened in Arlington?
                        Not yet but they seem to have a ton of $$$. I have been to Division Brewing and they offer a Flemish style sour that is very good in small amounts. As tart as Cuvée Des Jacobins Rouge but with a thicker body. Don't get a full pour though as you probably won't want to finish it.

As for updates I've been in upstate NY for a week and a half and have tried a ton of local stuff. Probably my favorite so far is Cloudbusting #2 from Grimm in Brooklyn. It's a double IPA, pretty standard but good!

Comment

• Deschuttes just started selling in central VA yesterday, and we're getting a brewery within the next 12 months or so. super stoked to have black butte porter available on the shelves again

Comment

• Originally posted by lowthreeohz View Post
                            Deschuttes just started selling in central VA yesterday, and we're getting a brewery within the next 12 months or so. super stoked to have black butte porter available on the shelves again
                            If you are anywhere Richmond you should check out http://www.cotubrewing.com/ It was founded by former MLB pitcher Chris Ray. They've grown up about as fast as Revolver did in DFW.

Comment

• Originally posted by BP View Post
                              Flesh and Blood is going to be tough to get, they didn't even have it at the brewery.
                              A friend of mine was in DFW last weekend and found a 6 pack for me at Spec's in Arlington, but I haven't had a chance to try it yet.

Comment

• Originally posted by BP View Post
                                If you are anywhere Richmond you should check out http://www.cotubrewing.com/ It was founded by former MLB pitcher Chris Ray. They've grown up about as fast as Revolver did in DFW.
                                I'm a couple hours away but I'll make it out there eventually

Comment

Working...
                                X