Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Stock Market Game Round 2 (What can you do with $10,000 in three months)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by 1carcrazyguy View Post
    That was my plan on day 1. Then decided to use the game to see if I coul learn anything. So far, I have learned I should stay away from stocks!
    Honestly I think sports betting is easier.i do both but really like the sports as its not manipulated as much

Comment

• Originally posted by 1carcrazyguy View Post
      Thankfully it is just a game. I made a lot of moves today, after gaining a few hundred dollars late yesterday. They turned out to bite me. Plus I was not familiar with the limit and stop sells so I got all messed up. Still don't have it figured out but, oh well. It is all a game.
      My simple explnation:

Stop = stops your losses. Set a minimum price and if the stock drops to that price, the game automatically sells for you. Handy if your stock is up and you want to sell it before you start losing money.

Limit = limit your profits. Set a maximum price and if the stock reaches that price, the game automatically sells for you. Handy if you think it will peak at a certain point and then immediately drop back down.

Keep in mind you don't have to sell your entire stake in a company when you do this.

Comment

• Thanks.....I seem to be doing everything in reverse on the limits and stops. Can't seem to figure out how it is reading my inputs.

Comment

• Well, I guess we will see how my late day gamble plays out. For some reason my early trades didnt go through. I stood to make 30% or so off those.

Comment

• My one purchase is doing well
            1969 GTO Judge Clone 6.0 liter LQ4 Turbo 4L60e on LS1tech

1960 Chevy Sedan Delivery LS swap

Comment

• Originally posted by 2165 Turbo Rail View Post
              My one purchase is doing well
              I was trying to figure out what you latched on to. I think I have it figured out.

Comment

• It's working so far

Comment

• Originally posted by 2165 Turbo Rail View Post
                  My one purchase is doing well
                  I had one good as well. It's just the other 160 something other ones that are kicking me.

Comment

• Originally posted by Pokulski-Blatz View Post
                    Well, I guess we will see how my late day gamble plays out. For some reason my early trades didnt go through. I stood to make 30% or so off those.
                    Didnt pay off. Oh well.

Comment

• My shit is plain not working. I'm not doing this stuff right. I'm up almost 1% for the day, but I'm still down like 4% overall. I'm doing it wrong. lol

Comment

• Originally posted by racrguy View Post
                        My shit is plain not working. I'm not doing this stuff right. I'm up almost 1% for the day, but I'm still down like 4% overall. I'm doing it wrong. lol
                        I was up about 4% early....then to much thinking took over and now down and dropping like a rock.

Comment

• Originally posted by racrguy View Post
                          My shit is plain not working. I'm not doing this stuff right. I'm up almost 1% for the day, but I'm still down like 4% overall. I'm doing it wrong. lol
                          Better than a 8.23% loss for the day. So far I have learned if you make a trade after about 10am expect tiny movements.

Comment

• Originally posted by Pokulski-Blatz View Post
                            Better than a 8.23% loss for the day. So far I have learned if you make a trade after about 10am expect tiny movements.
                            That's what it looks like when I look at the charts. I can never get on before ~lunch time though. I set some limits up and hopefully first thing in the morning they'll hit and I'll make a little money.

Comment

• A little better today but still not above water.

Net Worth $8,528.03
                              Overall Gains -$1,471.97
                              Overall Returns -14.72%
                              Today's Gains 18.33%

Comment

• I'd say I'm doing ok . Just call me the One trade wonder

Comment

Working...
                                X