Meeting people as a mechanic.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Magnus View Post
    Or just be baller enough to not daily drive a two decade old truck.
    The rich don't get rich by spending money needlessly.
    G'Day Mate

Comment

• Originally posted by Chili View Post
      My guess is the more time spent out in the sun, the more likely it is going to happen.
      Not for dodge. My dad kept his 98 ram under a car port, or in a parking garage all of it's life. Damn thing still cracked.

Comment

• I have a regular customer with an 01 grand prix that has a dash that is literally rolling itself away from the windshield. She uses literally a dozen door stoppers to keep it under eye line against the winshield.

96-01 rams were the worst, 02+ being second worst. 95-98 chevies being third. I haven't seen any newer 07 silverado or tahoe dashes cracked yet, but we usually only see those after they've been dumped from fleet service and put back into lawn fleet service

Comment

• Originally posted by 4king View Post
          I have a regular customer with an 01 grand prix that has a dash that is literally rolling itself away from the windshield. She uses literally a dozen door stoppers to keep it under eye line against the winshield.
          Oh yeah, the grand prix folds up like a dead spiders legs. Cavalier gets so brittle that you can poke your finger through.

Comment

• Other than replacing the whole dash,I recommend Dash caps(www.americandashcaps.com) and glue it to whats left. I tell anyone that needs any dash work on Dodge Rams and J-body(Cavaliers) whats going to happen and I am not liable but like most have said they are already broken to a million pieces. I have seen a couple of 07 and up cracked dashes by the windshield. To fix the Grand Prix,Grand am and Malibu peeling problem remove the windshield and have the glass guy urethane the pad back to the dash.
            Last edited by kdventura73; 10-19-2015, 03:31 PM.

Comment

• on the 07s and up, look in front of the passenger airbag towards the windshield. that is where it first cracks. and then some time later the center over the radio will split as well. the cracks are for the most part front to rear, not side to side.

the suv dashes are not as consistent as far as the exact placement of cracks, but from first hand experience all the truck dashes crack eventually.

and an accident is what the customers always blame it on. i just laugh when the insurance buys it. it reminds me of the previous models' clusters going out, because that is what they did for no reason. and customers would always blame the accident. those were more notorious so insurance companies would not always pay.

Comment

• I have a customer who thinks it is OK to return me his used factory parts as my damaged parts. He is a piece of crap and admitted to doing 6 months in jail for animal torture, first I'm not sure why he brought that up. Second I was telling him no on a return of a brake line that exploded that was covered in rust on a truck he bought two months ago. Wtf!

Comment

• We sold a car to a really nice retired guy, and he came back and bought one for his grand daughter. He called Sunday to ask if we could go pick it up and fix it, the wheel was laying sideways and she couldnt drive it. We sent a wrecker monday for it.

When the wrecker got there, the lower ball joint was busted, and the wheel was now two pieces, cv axle was trashed, etc. There was yellow reflective paint chips around that side bottom of the car, so she ran over a curb or something.

We fixed it, but anrytime we opened the door of the car, my whole shop stuck from the nasty weed smell in the car. I've smelled cars that smelled like weed before, but this was 10x worse than any of them.
                  "If I asked people what they wanted, they would have said faster horses." - Henry Ford

Comment

• Originally posted by Baron Von Crowder View Post
                    We sold a car to a really nice retired guy, and he came back and bought one for his grand daughter. He called Sunday to ask if we could go pick it up and fix it, the wheel was laying sideways and she couldnt drive it. We sent a wrecker monday for it.

When the wrecker got there, the lower ball joint was busted, and the wheel was now two pieces, cv axle was trashed, etc. There was yellow reflective paint chips around that side bottom of the car, so she ran over a curb or something.

We fixed it, but anrytime we opened the door of the car, my whole shop stuck from the nasty weed smell in the car. I've smelled cars that smelled like weed before, but this was 10x worse than any of them.
                    pics of grand daughter??

god bless.
                    It is easier to build strong children than to repair broken men -Frederick Douglass

Comment

• No shit, sounds like my kinda chick!

Comment

• never met her.
                        "If I asked people what they wanted, they would have said faster horses." - Henry Ford

Comment

• Originally posted by Baron Von Crowder View Post
                          We sold a car to a really nice retired guy, and he came back and bought one for his grand daughter. He called Sunday to ask if we could go pick it up and fix it, the wheel was laying sideways and she couldnt drive it. We sent a wrecker monday for it.

Did you dig around? There was probably some in there!

Comment

• Originally posted by Chili View Post
                            Did you dig around? There was probably some in there!
                            judging by the smell of it, it wasnt worth my time, especially since I dont care for smoking it.

Comment

• If it was that skunky strong, then it might have been worth your time.
                              sigpic

Comment

• Suprisingly I don't have many customers who use their cars as their weed storage, but I do have cars that people just seem to use as their trash cans and ash trays. I put on glove before I go out and plug in a code reader, I just don't understand how people can get into a car with an inch of grime on every dash surface with radio buttons smeared off from greasy fingers and drive them every day

Comment

Working...
                                X