Meeting people as a mechanic.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by bcoop View Post
    You came on here and blasted his business. I'd make damn sure everyone had both sides of the story too.
    actually, i was providing both sides of the story.

Comment

• Originally posted by 4king View Post
      Yeah they are going to be slightly out of spec. Why just check them all if you wouldn't correct them immediately

Otherwise I could just charge 2 hours labor to tell you that your car needs a valve job and then charge you another 3 hours to adjust clearances
      Its not a push rod engine...
      "If I asked people what they wanted, they would have said faster horses." - Henry Ford

Comment

• Originally posted by Baron Von Crowder View Post
        Its not a push rod engine...
        Let me google that for you. I don't have exact specific vehicle data spewing out of my brain

Last edited by 4king; 10-23-2015, 03:02 PM.

Comment

Let me google that for you. I don't have exact specific vehicle dating spewing out of my brain

https://www.google.com/url?sa=t&sour...wC-4h7O0n0kEpw
          what the fuck are you talking about?

3 hours my ass. And again, mechanical genius, it's not a valve job, it's a lash adjustment.
          "If I asked people what they wanted, they would have said faster horses." - Henry Ford

Comment

what the fuck are you talking about?

3 hours my ass. And again, mechanical genius, it's not a valve job, it's a lash adjustment.
            http://www.tcamanual.com/valve_clear...2_fe_-656.html
            Just let him keep on posting. Shit is cracking my ass up!

Comment

• Originally posted by Mysticcobrakilla View Post
              Just let him keep on posting. Shit is cracking my ass up!
              You know what is bugging me? That jackass is telling customers this shit over the counter, too.

Comment

• Yup!

I've learned that I can do valve jobs like a mother fucker! Lol

Comment

You know what is bugging me? That jackass is telling customers this shit over the counter, too.
                  God forbid I don't know every specific make and model specifications running a parts counter. I'm not here to google shit for people I was going based on my memory of doing one on a honda

Next time though when some one posts I'll let you answer the question since you want to be a keyboard hero

Comment

Are you saying he's a 4king idiot?

Comment

God forbid I don't know every specific make and model specifications running a parts counter. I'm not here to google shit for people I was going based on my memory of doing one on a honda

Next time though when some one posts I'll let you answer the question since you want to be a keyboard hero
                      Oh, that makes us all feel better, glad you cleared that up. Wouldnt want people to take you for your word.

Originally posted by 4king View Post
                      Valve chatter is normal. I would not waste money on a valve job
                      Wait, this is a very matter-of-fact statement. So because of your vast experience working on one honda, you feel the need to spew bad info to others?

Comment

• not now, Chief, he's in the 'zone!
                        http://www.truthcontest.com/entries/...iversal-truth/

Comment

He's not trying to be a keyboard hero. He's trying to stop you from giving out fucking awful mechanical advice. You are everything that is wrong with Auto Zone employees.
                          Originally posted by BradM
                          But, just like condoms and women's rights, I don't believe in them.
                          Originally posted by Leah
                          In other news: Brent's meat melts in your mouth.

Comment

• Originally posted by Cooter View Post
                            not now, Chief, he's in the 'zone!

im confused.

Is he at Chiefs or Autozone?

Comment

• Originally posted by Cooter View Post
                              not now, Chief, he's in the 'zone!
                              HA! i was wondering how long before his bluff was called. to be honest went a lot longer than i thought.

Comment

• I tell ya, the stuff I hear from AZ drivers....... Just had one deliver some Motorcraft plugs and oil kit for an 04 Mustang GT we were doing preventative maintenance to. First he tells me I should have ordered the Bosch +4 plugs because it gives 30 more HP. I try and explain that modulars do not like gimmik plugs and that the +4 is shit because gap is an important thing. He then proceeds to ask me why I didnt order spark plug wires to go with the plugs......... dafuq? Its COP. He then tells me I should order the Fram oil filters next time because Ford parts are not any good (he drives a catfish). Really? A POS Fram is better than an FL820S? And its only triple the money? Sign me up Sparky! I would have tried to explain what an anti drainback valve was but I could see it was over his head.

Other places have them too. Monday a driver from another parts chain saw my Audi was back and I explained its still broken and shakes violently when accelerating. He said with utmost confidence that it needs a clutch. I exlained its an automatic and that the driveshaft is bent, thus the vibration. he then says "Maybe the timing belt jumped and thats why it vibrates. Yup, I bet thats what it is." No, I just told you what it is. "Have you tested your exhaust back pressure?" Wait, what, no. Go away.
                                Good judgment comes from bad decisions and a lot of that comes from bad judgment.

Comment

Working...
                                X