Missing 777

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Baron Von Crowder View Post
    someone buy him a beer. He's got the best explanation Ive seen yet.
    It happened to Payne Stewart.

Comment

• Originally posted by Strychnine View Post
      The AD was issued and does not affect the -200ER model.

Also, while the satcom failure might affect some satcom based nav systems, like FANS, it would be isolated from other nav antennas, transponder antennas, and gps antennas, which is to say that the "array" referenced in the theory is fictitious. There's even a diagram on his page with a general layout that shows how each system has it's own antenna.
      Men have become the tools of their tools.
      -Henry David Thoreau

Comment

• Originally posted by BERNIE MOSFET View Post
        The AD was issued and does not affect the -200ER model.

Also, while the satcom failure might affect some satcom based nav systems, like FANS, it would be isolated from other nav antennas, transponder antennas, and gps antennas, which is to say that the "array" referenced in the theory is fictitious. There's even a diagram on his page with a general layout that shows how each system has it's own antenna.
        Well, fuck that guy then!

Apparently the Malaysian govt is a giant clusterfuck and really screwing the pooch on this also.

Comment

Well, fuck that guy then!

Apparently the Malaysian govt is a giant clusterfuck and really screwing the pooch on this also.
          No doubt.

I wouldn't rule out a decompression, but I don't think this is the smoking gun, so to speak.
          -Henry David Thoreau

Comment

• The proposed architecture is novel or unusual for commercial transport airplanes by enabling connection to previously isolated data networks connected to systems that perform functions required for the safe operation of the airplane. This proposed data network and design integration may result in security vulnerabilities from intentional or unintentional corruption of data and systems critical to the safety and maintenance of the airplane. The existing regulations and guidance material did not anticipate this type of system architecture or electronic access to aircraft systems. Furthermore, regulations and current system safety assessment policy and techniques do not address potential security vulnerabilities, which could be caused by unauthorized access to aircraft data buses and servers.
            Chinese hackers?
            "When the people find that they can vote themselves money, that will herald the end of the republic." -Benjamin Franklin
            "A democracy will continue to exist up until the time that voters discover that they can vote themselves generous gifts from the public treasury." -Alexander Fraser Tytler

Comment

• Originally posted by mstng86 View Post

I already made that reference asshole
              Damn it! It's what I get from jumping into a thread 3 pages late.
              "Self-government won't work without self-discipline." - Paul Harvey

Comment

He also noted that the Boeing 777 aircraft does not deploy passenger oxygen masks until the cabin altitude reaches 13,500 feet. By then, passengers were likely to be unconscious if there was a slow decompression.
                I don't really understand this part.

Why would the plane not be over 13,500 feet?

If it wasn't over 13,500 feet, then why would people need oxygen masks anyway?

I don't see how a leak in the plane could cause people to be starved of oxygen at that elevation. And even if it did, how long does it take for a plane to get to cruising altitude? Certainly not long enough for people to start passing out, right?

Can someone explain?

Comment

• Originally posted by jluv View Post

I don't see how a leak in the plane could cause people to be starved of oxygen at that elevation. And even if it did, how long does it take for a plane to get to cruising altitude? Certainly not long enough for people to start passing out, right?

Can someone explain?
                  Most planes are pressurized to a pressure equivalent to 5000-7000 ft above sea level during flight (pretty sure that number is close...)

He's saying that the cabin depressurized to the equivalent of 13,500 ft above sea level. I think 12000-15000 ft is the "must have pressurization" threshold.

Comment

• Originally posted by jluv View Post

Can someone explain?
                    Cabins are pressurized to a "pressure altitude" so to speak in that the aircraft may be at 35k ft, but the cabin pressure is like being at 8k ft.

Masks deploy when cabin pressure is at 13.5k regardless of aircraft altitude.
                    -Henry David Thoreau

Comment

Most planes are pressurized to a pressure equivalent to 5000-7000 ft above sea level during flight (pretty sure that number is close...)

He's saying that when the cabin depressurized to the equivalent of 13,500 ft above sea level. I think 12000-15000 ft is the "must have pressurization" threshold.
                      Yeah, what he said.
                      -Henry David Thoreau

Comment

• Want another curveball?

"In a email sent to his employer, which was acquired, confirmed, and then shared by the ABC journalist Bob Woodruff..."

Here's where those coordinates lie:

Compared to the search areas:

"Vietnamese officials reportedly confirmed they got the letter, but found nothing in the water."
                        Last edited by Strychnine; 03-12-2014, 10:30 AM.

Comment

• Originally posted by GhostTX View Post
                          Damn it! It's what I get from jumping into a thread 3 pages late.
                          Its ok. I think we are the only two that know the movie.

Comment

He's saying that when the cabin pressure depressurized to the equivalent of 13,500 ft above sea level. I think 12000-15000 ft is the "must have pressurization" threshold.
                            Telluride is a little over 13k feet in elevation, and I don't recall passing out the last time I skied there.

Comment

He's saying that when the cabin pressure depressurized to the equivalent of 13,500 ft above sea level. I think 12000-15000 ft is the "must have pressurization" threshold.
                              Gotcha. But, I still don't understand why people would die (or even pass out) if the cabin pressure is equivalent to an elevation of 13,500 feet? And if it got higher, the masks would be out well before anyone was unconscious, right? What am I missing?

Comment

You ever have one of those thoughts that immediately makes you step back and think, "dude, come on, that was kinda fucked up even if it was just internal monologue."

The other day I thought:

What if this is the world's biggest viral marketing campaign ever and it's for a LOST sequel?
                                Ive had this in my mind the whole time. If it ends the same im going to beat the producer and writers within a inch of their lives.

I dont think they will find the plane for a while. I feel for the people waiting to hear about their family members.

Comment

Working...
                                X