Ever regret a vehicle purchase?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by quikag View Post
    That was the excuse for me to justify the trade to myself. Honestly, it wasn't that bad of a car and was semi fun with the manual tranny. I was a Honda VTEC guy so I kinda liked high revving engines and the truck did suck gas. However, it was a very stupid trade in retrospect.

OP, just enjoy putting miles on the loaner and don't take your truck back until it's fixed. They will go quicker on the repair with a loaner out. Free miles.
    we all make mistakes... example: I had a rat tail the summer before 3rd grade (thank you to my parents for not fostering my every white-trash want and desire... they made me cut it off at the end of the summer... only mistake I've ever made OBV)

BUT, I have to know what the thought process was in choosing the Pontiac (arguably the "rat tail" of all auto makes... famous for tacky styling cues... unnecessary ribs, ridges, scoops, and copious amounts of "honeycomb") VIBE (can we just call it what it really is? a DILDO)

versus the Toyota Matrix? yes, they're the same vehicle underneath, and you probably would have had the same regrets when it was all said and done... (which I suppose kinda negates my entire point here )

but... a fucking Pontiac VIBE!?!??
    http://www.truthcontest.com/entries/...iversal-truth/

Comment

im somewhat on the fence about regretting buying my TL because its somewhat boring to drive. But other than that nope.

Comment

Originally posted by Cooter View Post
        we all make mistakes... example: I had a rat tail the summer before 3rd grade (thank you to my parents for not fostering my every white-trash want and desire... they made me cut it off at the end of the summer... only mistake I've ever made OBV)

BUT, I have to know what the thought process was in choosing the Pontiac (arguably the "rat tail" of all auto makes... famous for tacky styling cues... unnecessary ribs, ridges, scoops, and copious amounts of "honeycomb") VIBE (can we just call it what it really is? a DILDO)

versus the Toyota Matrix? yes, they're the same vehicle underneath, and you probably would have had the same regrets when it was all said and done... (which I suppose kinda negates my entire point here )

but... a fucking Pontiac VIBE!?!??

Haha, okay, look....the Vibe was the same car underneath as the Matrix and had all Toyota mechanicals. I had GM card points, they would discount the Vibe more than the Toyota dealer would on the Matrix and it got good gas mileage. It also had 17 inch wheels and Z rated rubber so I could run at top speed all day long without fear of a blowout.....all 135mph she could do.

Yes, it was a rolling dildo wagon and I regret the purchase.
        Ford
        GM
        Toyota
        VAG

Comment

Depends on the timing.

I didn't regret my 1995 V6 Mustang when I first bought it. Heck, I loved it and tricked it out. Within a couple of months, I regretted the hell out of it. I got into Mustangs, and started noticing all the differences between a GT and the V6. I then started hating that damn thing and wishing I had a GT. I only kept it about 6 months. Looking back now, I don't regret it so much, because it got me into Mustangs, brought me here, and led me into the seat of a brand new GT that contributed heavily to a few years of fun, including all the pussy I could possibly handle. It also taught me to appreciate cars more and to pay attention to details.

I probably should regret purchasing a '98 GT back in Nov of 1997. Knowing now how underpowered it was, maybe I should be angry at paying WAY too much for that car, and paying the ridiculous $385/month for insurance. I was living at least slightly beyond my means. I was irresponsible and perhaps even douchebaggerous. But I don't regret it now. That was a really good time at that stage in my life.

I should regret buying a $15k base model 2004 Explorer and dumping another $20k into changing everything about it. It's not a good project platform. But shit, that thing has so much blood, sweat, and tears in it that I could never bring myself to say I regret it. At this point, I'm more afraid that I'll regret selling it for so much less than I have in it.

I should regret buying a 6.0 F250. It's been a huge money pit. But it's very nice now, and I love the shit out of it.

At the end of the day, I try not to regret much. At least mistakes help us learn lessons.

Comment

I inherited a VW that was purchased used with 60,000 miles on it ... the absolute worst piece of shit I've ever been associated with.
            Originally posted by davbrucas
            I want to like Slow99 since people I know say he's a good guy, but just about everything he posts is condescending and passive aggressive.

Most people I talk to have nothing but good things to say about you, but you sure come across as a condescending prick. Do you have an inferiority complex you've attempted to overcome through overachievement? Or were you fondled as a child?

You and slow99 should date. You both have passive aggressiveness down pat.

Comment

I have quite a few. I traded my 04 Dakota SXT 4x4 quad cab when my exwife handed me the 25,000 dollar Neon she had bought with my power of attorney saying she didn't want it anymore and was 2 months behind. I traded both on the 4.7L Ram1500 and despised it.

But it's a toss up between that and when I traded my 66 Mustang for a 77 Jeep CJ5. I thought the Mustang had blown the transmission and the guy called me the next day and said "Hey, transmission wasn't blown. Your vacuum lines came off. Runs great!"
              I wear a Fez. Fez-es are cool

Comment

Originally posted by quikag View Post
                Haha, okay, look....the Vibe was the same car underneath as the Matrix and had all Toyota mechanicals. I had GM card points, they would discount the Vibe more than the Toyota dealer would on the Matrix and it got good gas mileage. It also had 17 inch wheels and Z rated rubber so I could run at top speed all day long without fear of a blowout.....all 135mph she could do.

Yes, it was a rolling dildo wagon and I regret the purchase.
                LMGDAO! good times...

I'm not going to lie, I actually researched those cars! Thanks for the laughs my good man :cool:
                http://www.truthcontest.com/entries/...iversal-truth/

Comment

I once bought a 2002 Suzuki Swift GT. Yea, a GT yo!

I swear the GT meant it had two rubber bands under the hood instead of the standards Swift's one..

Comment

Originally posted by idrivea4banger View Post
                    I've reached the point where I'm starting to regret buying my truck. I took it in to the dealership for a knocking issue I noticed a few weeks ago. They informed me that the knocking was coming from the exhaust and that they would have to replace the whole system. I was told the exhaust system would be in today and I would be contacted when they were finished. Just got off the phone and they just told me the part is on backorder. It could arrive within 2 days or two weeks and so forth. They wanted to know if i wanted to go ahead and pick up my truck and when the exhaust system arrives i could bring it back. I don't want to keep driving it while the knocking issue continues.

There's also some markings under the truck that I've taken issue with, don't know if this truck had issues before I ended up with it. I bought it with 1300 miles on it. It looks like someone circled around the drive shaft by the rear axle with blue red and yellow markings. There's also residue of something leaking where they are connected. I think I'm going to have them take a look at that in the meantime. They gave me an extra year of warranty when I purchased the truck. With all these issues it makes me wonder if this is why the extra year was thrown in. I might as well get it looked at and not have to pay for anything.

I love the shit out of my chevy but it's become a huge fucking headache. If the price they offered it at wasn't good i never would've bought it to begin with. I would've just gotten a base model chevy. I miss my p.o.s Nissan.
                    Don't fret, my 2014 gmc Sierra is having issues as well...

Comment

I once willingly bought a 1967 MGB GT. I'm pretty sure I win the "Well, that was stupid" award.
                      "It is in truth not for glory, nor riches, nor honours that we are fighting, but for freedom - for that alone, which no honest man gives up but with life itself."

Comment

I can't wait to get rid of this god damn van!

Comment

I bought a 2004 Mercedes C320 and it was constant trouble. I regret the whole 3 months I owned that car. Traded it for an 04 Grand Cherokee and have yet to have any problems with it.

Comment

Originally posted by BradM View Post
                            "It is in truth not for glory, nor riches, nor honours that we are fighting, but for freedom - for that alone, which no honest man gives up but with life itself."

Comment

Originally posted by BradM View Post
                              Dude, dafuq!? Did you even turn it into the a-team van!?

Comment

Originally posted by SMKR View Post
                                Don't fret, my 2014 gmc Sierra is having issues as well...
                                Yeah I'm not stressing over it anymore. They said they would fix it and it's covered under warranty. So that's fine by me until the exhaust system gets in. If you don't mind me asking, what issues are you having?
                                Originally posted by talisman
                                I wonder if there will be a new character that specializes in bjj and passive agressive comebacks?
                                Originally posted by AdamLX
                                If there was, I wouldn't pick it because it would probably just keep leaving the game and then coming back like nothing happened.
                                Originally posted by Broncojohnny
                                Because fuck you, that's why
                                Originally posted by 80coupe
                                nice dick, Idrivea4banger
                                Originally posted by Rick Modena
                                ......and idrivea4banger is a real person.
                                Originally posted by Jester
                                Man ive always wanted to smoke a bowl with you. Just seem like a cool cat.

Comment

Working...
                                X