Ever regret a vehicle purchase?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Ever regret a vehicle purchase?

I've reached the point where I'm starting to regret buying my truck. I took it in to the dealership for a knocking issue I noticed a few weeks ago. They informed me that the knocking was coming from the exhaust and that they would have to replace the whole system. I was told the exhaust system would be in today and I would be contacted when they were finished. Just got off the phone and they just told me the part is on backorder. It could arrive within 2 days or two weeks and so forth. They wanted to know if i wanted to go ahead and pick up my truck and when the exhaust system arrives i could bring it back. I don't want to keep driving it while the knocking issue continues.

There's also some markings under the truck that I've taken issue with, don't know if this truck had issues before I ended up with it. I bought it with 1300 miles on it. It looks like someone circled around the drive shaft by the rear axle with blue red and yellow markings. There's also residue of something leaking where they are connected. I think I'm going to have them take a look at that in the meantime. They gave me an extra year of warranty when I purchased the truck. With all these issues it makes me wonder if this is why the extra year was thrown in. I might as well get it looked at and not have to pay for anything.

I love the shit out of my chevy but it's become a huge fucking headache. If the price they offered it at wasn't good i never would've bought it to begin with. I would've just gotten a base model chevy. I miss my p.o.s Nissan.
    Originally posted by talisman
    I wonder if there will be a new character that specializes in bjj and passive agressive comebacks?
    Originally posted by AdamLX
    If there was, I wouldn't pick it because it would probably just keep leaving the game and then coming back like nothing happened.
    Originally posted by Broncojohnny
    Because fuck you, that's why
    Originally posted by 80coupe
    nice dick, Idrivea4banger
    Originally posted by Rick Modena
    ......and idrivea4banger is a real person.
    Originally posted by Jester
    Man ive always wanted to smoke a bowl with you. Just seem like a cool cat.

How do you get knocking from the exhaust? Hanger or something broke?

Comment

Originally posted by snacksnack View Post
      That's what I'm wondering.

Comment

I think you're expecting too much. New vehicles have issues, too. Markings on the DS could be from manufacturing.
        Originally posted by BradM
        But, just like condoms and women's rights, I don't believe in them.
        Originally posted by Leah
        In other news: Brent's meat melts in your mouth.

Comment

It can happen. My 07 Silverado had the transmission completely take a shit at 39K miles. My 03 Mustang GT had the clutch go out at 13k. Shit happens.

Comment

Those paint marks are from when it was manufactured.
            ZOMBIE REAGAN FOR PRESIDENT 2016!!! heh

Comment

You bet your sweet, tender a** I regret one car purchase. I traded a PERFECT 2001 3/4 ton regular cab 2WD 6.0L Chevy truck with factory 4.10 gears with like 25k miles on it for a frickin' new '03 Pontiac Vibe GT six-speed with that little 1.8 2ZZ Toyota engine that revs to 8,200rpm and made like 180hp. It sounded cool with an intake from 5k to the rev limiter, but under 4,000rpm, it was gutless and the whole time, I'm driving around a Pontiac Vibe....

So, less than a year and a half later, I got back into a new '04 Silverado 5.3 LT extended cab and it cost me about $8k for the lesson....
              Ford
              GM
              Toyota
              VAG

Comment

Originally posted by bcoop View Post
                I think you're expecting too much. New vehicles have issues, too. Markings on the DS could be from manufacturing.
                This

Comment

Originally posted by quikag View Post
                  You bet your sweet, tender a** I regret one car purchase. I traded a PERFECT 2001 3/4 ton regular cab 2WD 6.0L Chevy truck with factory 4.10 gears with like 25k miles on it for a frickin' new '03 Pontiac Vibe GT six-speed with that little 1.8 2ZZ Toyota engine that revs to 8,200rpm and made like 180hp. It sounded cool with an intake from 5k to the rev limiter, but under 4,000rpm, it was gutless and the whole time, I'm driving around a Pontiac Vibe....

So, less than a year and a half later, I got back into a new '04 Silverado 5.3 LT extended cab and it cost me about $8k for the lesson....
                  Stupid.

Comment

OP, on your issue, you got a new '14 Silverado V6, right IIRC? Have the dealer give you a loaner and rag it out while you wait for the part to come in on your truck.
                    Ford
                    GM
                    Toyota
                    VAG

Comment

Originally posted by snacksnack View Post
                      The knocking would always occur after an hhour of driving it. The sound would echo out of the rear. I noticed when the engine would go into economy mode the knocking would begin. If at anytime i gave it more gas and put it back into v6 it would stop. I was curious if it was maybe something with the valves in the ecotec engine causing the knocking; v6 to v4. It doesn't make sense, at least to me, that the whole exhaust system needs to be replaced.

I seriously do not want to drive the truck until it's fixed. Even if it means driving a loaner for a few more weeks.
                      I wonder if there will be a new character that specializes in bjj and passive agressive comebacks?
                      If there was, I wouldn't pick it because it would probably just keep leaving the game and then coming back like nothing happened.

Comment

Amen. Sounds like there is really only one problem.

Comment

Wow thats really new for the muffler bearings to fail so soon.

Comment

Originally posted by quikag View Post
                            OP, on your issue, you got a new '14 Silverado V6, right IIRC? Have the dealer give you a loaner and rag it out while you wait for the part to come in on your truck.
                            They gave me a 2014 Malibu as a loaner. I feel like I've been driving a go kart for a week now. The issue with it though is the dealer tags are about to expire on Monday. Either they get me another loaner or put the plates on the Malibu. It's been fun driving it though but my fatass feels trapped in it.

Comment

Originally posted by YALE View Post
                              Those paint marks are from when it was manufactured.
                              I had no clue that's what the paint marks were. It's my first new vehicle so I was more concerned about that than anything else. I know most new vehicles will have issues but with noticing certain things, itjust started making me paranoid about purchasing it and questioning the dealership.

Comment

Working...
                              X