Boat question

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Boat question

While I've always been a firm believer in the saying that the best 2 days of owning a boat are the day you buy it and the day you sell it, I've still been kicking around the idea of buying a nice high quality boat that hopefully wouldn't lose too much value. I live on a lake, less then 5 minutes from a boat ramp so in theory we would use the shit out of it. I'm looking for something that can do everything, from wakeboard to waterski to just hanging out. From the little research I've done, it seems like Tige, Mastercraft, Malibu and on a lesser scale moomba and supra are pretty popular brands. Seems like alot of people dog on the SeaRays although I havent figured out why. My current train of thought is to find a nice low hours 90s Mastercraft prostar or similiar for +-10k. Any input?
    http://www.amazon.com/Viralution-Don...don+kehlenbeck

www.facebook.com/TheViralution

I've always liked Malibu boats.

Comment

They're pretty nice.. my mom's old boyfriend had a Malibu WakeSetter that was pretty sick. but thats waaaaaaay more money then i'm looking to spend.

Comment

Four Winns are good boats
        Originally posted by Buzzo
        Some dudes jump out of airplanes, I fuck hookers without condoms.

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by tribaltalon View Post
          I've still been kicking around the idea of buying a nice high quality boat that hopefully wouldn't lose too much value...... Any input?
          Very seldom do you hear stories about not losing much money on buying/selling a boat. Well unless it is a "made for TV deal". Not that it does not happen. Just does not happen much.

Comment

The old man had a crowline. Very nice boat. It was around 20 feet. Had a 305 engine with 260hp. Counter rotating props bravo 3 outdrive. Also had captain's choice exhaust. Very nice boat and would run about 58mph wide open. Not a pic of his boat but it is identical.

Comment

Originally posted by 1carcrazyguy View Post
              Very seldom do you hear stories about not losing much money on buying/selling a boat. Well unless it is a "made for TV deal". Not that it does not happen. Just does not happen much.
              Most of my friends with boats who maintained them properly have not had any major issues... jet skis are a different story lol

Comment

Just going to throw this out there, buy a sailboat. They're cheap, low maintenance and a shit ton of fun once you finally get the hang of it. I grew up on a ski boat and never thought twice about sailing until my ex-FIL took me out on his, I was hooked. I've had mine for 3 years now and keep it in a slip year round. Only maintenance I've done was winterized the small 5hp outboard and scuba below twice a year with a scotchbrite pad to scrub the shit off the bottom. A 3 gallon tank of gas will last all summer if you just use the motor to get in/out of the marina.

And depending on the lake you're on you can usually get hooked up with the regatta guys, get some pointers and join some races.
                The richest man in Babylon

Comment

Bust Out Another Thousand

Comment

Avoid a "Bro boat", unless you plan to Wakeboard or surf a lot. They tend t get beat on the hardest buy a bunch of Dude Brahs. 4 wins, Wellcraft and of course Chaparral are some of the Manufacturers I have liked over the years. More responsible people tend to own them too.

Comment

The main difference between the wakeboard boats and all the look alikes of the other brands are the drives. The outboard drives just don't compare to the v-drive and direct drive models. Of course you then have the shape of the hull and ballast systems. As far as the old pro stars I would skip those all together unless you are big into slalom skiing as they are flat on the bottom producing little wake and ride much rougher.

Comment

Originally posted by snacksnack View Post
                        The main difference between the wakeboard boats and all the look alikes of the other brands are the drives. The outboard drives just don't compare to the v-drive and direct drive models. Of course you then have the shape of the hull and ballast systems. As far as the old pro stars I would skip those all together unless you are big into slalom skiing as they are flat on the bottom producing little wake and ride much rougher.
                        This man gets it.

Comment

best boats are the one your friend own. if you get to owning one, find a fiber glass friend.

Comment

Originally posted by trblshooter View Post
                            Just going to throw this out there, buy a sailboat. They're cheap, low maintenance and a shit ton of fun once you finally get the hang of it. I grew up on a ski boat and never thought twice about sailing until my ex-FIL took me out on his, I was hooked. I've had mine for 3 years now and keep it in a slip year round. Only maintenance I've done was winterized the small 5hp outboard and scuba below twice a year with a scotchbrite pad to scrub the shit off the bottom. A 3 gallon tank of gas will last all summer if you just use the motor to get in/out of the marina.

And depending on the lake you're on you can usually get hooked up with the regatta guys, get some pointers and join some races.

Sailboat would be cool but pointless for waterski/tubing/wakeboard. lol

And all of my friends with boats live far away now, thus the reasoning behind getting a boat.

Comment

LMAO lincolnboy knows whats up!

Comment

Working...
                              X