No announcement yet.

What's this Fox really worth?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

No AC but leather sounds like a northern car. I'd look for some rust, though I doubt an owner like that would take it out in shitty conditions. I'm sure someone will buy it, but I wouldn't. You can get a really decent fox for half that and not cringe every time you drive it.

Comment

Vinyl? Seems interesting that it has "period correct tires" and aftermarket exhaust and wires/cap on it.
      "If I asked people what they wanted, they would have said faster horses." - Henry Ford

Comment

Originally posted by talisman View Post
        No AC but leather sounds like a northern car. I'd look for some rust, though I doubt an owner like that would take it out in shitty conditions. I'm sure someone will buy it, but I wouldn't. You can get a really decent fox for half that and not cringe every time you drive it.
        Oddly enough it was sold new in TX and remained there until 1998. It spent the rest of its life in Kentucky, and was only driven a couple hundred miles while registered there.

Comment

Originally posted by UserX View Post
          Oddly enough it was sold new in TX and remained there until 1998. It spent the rest of its life in Kentucky, and was only driven a couple hundred miles while registered there.
          what kinda masochist ORDERS a brand NEW car in texas with no AC?
          "If I asked people what they wanted, they would have said faster horses." - Henry Ford

Comment

Bought in Texas with no AC? Well that explains the low miles. lol

Comment

Originally posted by talisman View Post
              Bought in Texas with no AC? Well that explains the low miles. lol
              that's no bullshit!

Comment

Originally posted by Baron Von Crowder View Post
                Vinyl?
                That's what I was thinking.. The ad does not specify leather.

Maybe it was intentionally bought as a stripped down (option deleted) model to be turned into a race car of some sort, but never made it that far.

Comment

Looking at the window sticker, you can see on the options (right column) where it says "Vinyl Seat Trim" and "Radio Delete".

You can also see it was purchased in Plano..

Comment

After a closer look, I see adjustable shocks, possible lower control arms, rear end cover, etc. These 3,000 miles may have been put on a 1/4 mile at a time.

Last edited by UserX; 06-16-2014, 05:08 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Chili View Post
                      Looking at the window sticker, you can see on the options (right column) where it says "Vinyl Seat Trim" and "Radio Delete".
                      I didn't even know that was an option. I'm no Ford expert by any stretch, I've just never seen one.

Comment

I didn't even know that was an option. I'm no Ford expert by any stretch, I've just never seen one.
                        Oh, me either.. But it was surely a custom order, and this was 25 years ago, so they likely weren't limited by "preferred option packages" like we are now.

Comment

what kinda masochist ORDERS a brand NEW car in texas with no AC?
                          My first vehicle was an 85 Mitsu Mighty Max, with no a/c. It came from Alaska though, so that was understandable.
                          Originally posted by BradM
                          But, just like condoms and women's rights, I don't believe in them.
                          Originally posted by Leah
                          In other news: Brent's meat melts in your mouth.

Comment

Originally posted by bcoop View Post
                            My first vehicle was an 85 Mitsu Mighty Max, with no a/c. It came from Alaska though, so that was understandable.
                            I've had my share of vehicles that didnt have working a/c, but its not something I would seek out.

Comment

I've had my share of vehicles that didnt have working a/c, but its not something I would seek out.
                              Non-working AC, and without AC are two very different things.

Growing up in WA, most cars up there didn't have AC from the factory.

Comment

Working...
                              X