No announcement yet.

Frequent traveler reward programs

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Yes National Rental rocks. I loved picking my own car every time I traveled and racking up free rental credits. My current company prefers Avis and Budget though.

Marriott Rewards is one of my favorites. ... they have always treated me like royalty!

Sent from my LG-D801 using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by GE View Post
      Eh, that's a little oversimplified.

To hit gold/plat, you have to do a decent amount of traveling and/or spend. From what I've read on flyertalk, they're not doing the gold/plat challenges quite as much as they used to.

Gold gets you room upgrades if they have the availability, it's not guaranteed. If you're staying at a lower tier property, I don't find having gold status is all that helpful. If you're staying at places like Renaissance and above, it helps.

If you're going to hit up the CC, I'd recommend the black Marriott card. 50,000 points to start and one free night and a free night on your anniversary every year up to category 5. I think the annual fee is $85, but it's offset by the free night.
      I just did it last year signed up in march for cc and called in August to do gold challenge. Everything is always subject to availability but we got an upgrade in hawaii. I don't remember what card I had but I think it was the black. I cancelled it after my trip since I didn't need it anymore and didn't want the annual fee.
      BARBIE LOVES BULLITT991 3.17.07
      I'm a Barbie girl...In my Barbie world...
      PROUD OWNER: '04 AZURE BLUE MACH 1

Comment

Originally posted by Roscoe View Post
        Motel 6 has a great program.
        Free Crabs on Fridays!!!!

Comment

Another vote for National. You pick the least expensive car online while booking, and get to pick any "Emerald" level car from the lot. You can upgrade for just a little more, points program is good, and Enterprise/National is partnered together

Comment

Working...
          X