Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Anybody else, starting to sense the Ferguson Cop shooting might be excessive force ?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Craizie View Post
    You've pulled over hundreds of thousands of people? Fucking robocop.
    I don't think that's what he is saying

Comment

It looks like the police had no idea the guy was a suspect in the robbery.

Comment

Wonder when autopsy is coming out...wonder how many front vs back shots happened to back up the whole "surrendering" thing the Coolio looking idiot he was with said...

Comment

Originally posted by NoClassic View Post
          It looks like the police had no idea the guy was a suspect in the robbery.

http://www.stltoday.com/news/local/c...628d0be04.html
          Looks to be a thug.

Comment

Originally posted by Back N Black View Post
            Wonder when autopsy is coming out...wonder how many front vs back shots happened to back up the whole "surrendering" thing the Coolio looking idiot he was with said...
            There is an interesting study on use of force by Force Science.

Comment

Originally posted by 03trubluGT View Post
              I usually expect more intelligence from you, but this one goes the opposite direction.
              And you're responding in the manner that should be expected of you, missing the point entirely.

Victimless? So, seat belts, drugs, and alcohol don't "materially" affect others?
              Yes. Victimless. If I don't wear my seatbelt, who am I hurting?

Seat belts save lives and reduce injuries.
              This was never a point of contention.

How many accidents have you worked in your life? How many fatalities have you personally responded to?
              How is this in any way relevant?

When someone doesn't have insurance, who do you think pays the medical bills for those people? That's right, we the taxpayers and those of us with insurance do.
              Fuck 'em and feed 'em fish heads. The only people that should be taken care of are those that can't take care of themselves due to age or by an action not of their making.

Why do you think car and health insurance is so expensive?
              Because the government says you have to have it, so they know you've got nowhere to go and can rape you on the price.

Because we are paying for those who don't have it.
              See above. Remember before Obamacare when insurance was affordable? I do too, but now that the government says you have to have it, it's gone up.

Same goes with smoking, alcohol and drugs. Who do you think pays for their medical bills?
              The insurance company does.

Add into that the illegals it's just downright disgusting.
              Fuck them too.

Not to mention the effect of drunk drivers on personal injury, death, and property damage.
              And here's another place you miss the point. The minute it starts affecting people like what you've described here, they should have their asses nailed to a wall. A person should be free to do as they please, until they start materially impacting other people.

Every time a drunk plows over a road sign, the taxpayers pay to replace it.
              See above.

How many of you can get into a wreck and then have to face an accident review board and discipline?
              On the job? None of us. I'd venture a guess that a vast majority are subject to immediate dismissal once they get into a traffic accident.

This is just one of many examples guys here will never see, and don't know how I work. You really need to ask people like ThreeFingerPete who have ridden out with me and seen my work first hand. Adam is just as much FTP as the rest of you, but he knows me, and that's why he has never criticized me here. He knows the difference between the real me and the typical DFWM game face
              People I know and trust say you're an ok person off the boards, but on them you're a fucking dick, and borderline retarded.

I'm actually not against body cams, just be careful what you wish for. Body cams are a great tool, but they do take discretion out of the equation.
              Get rid of the majority of bullshit laws and things that codify "feel good" measures, and discretion won't even be an issue.

This is the way the thought process should go down in an officer's head.

Did this person cause damage to another?

If yes: Hammer time
              If no: Carry on, but be safe.

You know, walk softly and carry a big stick and all that jazz.

How about we put body cams on police administrators, the city council, and the mayor?
              I don't have a problem with this, some of the most crooked people are higher up in the food chain.

That's too bad. The best way to judge someone is to watch them work. See the experiences first hand, not edited on COPS.
              I don't need to evaluate what a person does on a day to day basis to determine whether or not something else they did is fucked up.

Originally posted by blownaltered
              Spoken like somebody who has never lost a loved one to a drunk driver. Trust me your views on this change a lot when it happens to you.
              Craizie was correct, that's not what I was saying. However, it wouldn't change my views. There are risks associated with living in a free society. The problem is, too many people want to be pussies and give up that freedom in exchange for lowered risk when in actuality their risk hasn't gone down. People that were going to drive drunk are still going to drive drunk. The only difference is now the state gets to make money on the proposition by the use of force.

Comment

Looks to be a thug.
                I agree

Something else to note is there are portions of that article being added/edited on the fly. The whole first section from the family lawyer and the commentary on the officer recognizing them as suspects half way through the encounter were not there when I initially found it.

Comment

Originally posted by racrguy View Post

When you crash and you leave the drivers seat cause you're not wearing your seatbelt, you can injure others because you are no longer in control of your car... A fine example here:
                  Driver falls asleep, car rolls over. Driver doesn't have a seat belt on.

Your seatbelt will keep you in place so you can control your car to avoid secondary crashes.

Comment

Originally posted by dcs13 View Post
                    When you crash and you leave the drivers seat cause you're not wearing your seatbelt, you can injure others because you are no longer in control of your car... A fine example here:
                    Driver falls asleep, car rolls over. Driver doesn't have a seat belt on.

Your seatbelt will keep you in place so you can control your car to avoid secondary crashes.
                    Did you understand anything I said in that entire post?

Comment

Man, I don't quite know what direction you are going with this, but the laws allow police leeway in doing a job. Now, an officer should NOT have a "pissy" attitude, and they are (unbelievably) held to a higher standard. How many of you can get into a wreck and then have to face an accident review board and discipline?

I've corrected PLENTY of officers. Hell, about a year ago a marked SWAT vehicle was driving north on I35 and not using his signals for lane changes. I got on the MDC and typed an ALL message that goes to every terminal that said "Whoever is in SWAT unit XXXXX, please take it to the fleet shop because your signals are not functioning". Well, the driver saw the message and had a smart ass reply. I basically told him that he needed to set a good example for the motoring public. I later found out it was a guy from my own academy class, and I ran into him again last week. The first thing he brought up was my criticizing his driving. I told him to drive like he was supposed to and he would not have to worry about me calling him out.

This is just one of many examples guys here will never see, and don't know how I work. You really need to ask people like ThreeFingerPete who have ridden out with me and seen my work first hand. Adam is just as much FTP as the rest of you, but he knows me, and that's why he has never criticized me here. He knows the difference between the real me and the typical DFWM game face.

I'm actually not against body cams, just be careful what you wish for. Body cams are a great tool, but they do take discretion out of the equation. How about we put body cams on police administrators, the city council, and the mayor?

That's too bad. The best way to judge someone is to watch them work. See the experiences first hand, not edited on COPS.
                      So you are saying that the officers in question were so used to not being corrected that they were surprised when you did it? That they were so above the law that they felt traffic laws didn't apply to them? You are making my point.
                      I wear a Fez. Fez-es are cool

Comment

Originally posted by Forever_frost View Post
                        So you are saying that the officers in question were so used to not being corrected that they were surprised when you did it? That they were so above the law that they felt traffic laws didn't apply to them? You are making my point.
                        Would you rather have me just keep quiet and let it go?

I see that your entire goal is to prove "damned if I do, damned if I don't"....

Comment

Originally posted by racrguy View Post
                          And you're responding in the manner that should be expected of you, missing the point entirely.

This was never a point of contention.

How is this in any way relevant?

Fuck 'em and feed 'em fish heads. The only people that should be taken care of are those that can't take care of themselves due to age or by an action not of their making.

Because the government says you have to have it, so they know you've got nowhere to go and can rape you on the price.

See above. Remember before Obamacare when insurance was affordable? I do too, but now that the government says you have to have it, it's gone up.

The insurance company does.

Fuck them too.

And here's another place you miss the point. The minute it starts affecting people like what you've described here, they should have their asses nailed to a wall. A person should be free to do as they please, until they start materially impacting other people.

See above.

On the job? None of us. I'd venture a guess that a vast majority are subject to immediate dismissal once they get into a traffic accident.

People I know and trust say you're an ok person off the boards, but on them you're a fucking dick, and borderline retarded.

Get rid of the majority of bullshit laws and things that codify "feel good" measures, and discretion won't even be an issue.

This is the way the thought process should go down in an officer's head.

Did this person cause damage to another?

If yes: Hammer time
                          If no: Carry on, but be safe.

You know, walk softly and carry a big stick and all that jazz.

I don't have a problem with this, some of the most crooked people are higher up in the food chain.

I don't need to evaluate what a person does on a day to day basis to determine whether or not something else they did is fucked up.

Craizie was correct, that's not what I was saying. However, it wouldn't change my views. There are risks associated with living in a free society. The problem is, too many people want to be pussies and give up that freedom in exchange for lowered risk when in actuality their risk hasn't gone down. People that were going to drive drunk are still going to drive drunk. The only difference is now the state gets to make money on the proposition by the use of force.

If you don't use your seat belt it can have further reaching consequences than just yourself. Tell me, do you have health insurance? Will your injuries/funeral be taken care of, or will someone else have to bear the brunt of the financial responsibility?

And of course, this Obamacare is a new thing. How about the first 20+ years I worked before it's existence?

Your point is that it isn't an issue until it affects someone else, and then "nail them to the wall". So how do you plan to implement this? What kind of punishments do you suggest? I'll tell you, it isn't going to work. Like it doesn't work now. How are you going to make some illegal pay when his drunk driving self plows into your parked car and he can't even afford insurance on his own car? Are you going to make him pay with a debtor's prison?

And I seriously doubt one accident, even a not at fault accident, would get anyone else here disciplinary action up to and including termination.

Oh, and thanks for the "On the board/off the board comparison". You could say that for quite a few folks on here, but I'm not allowed to fall in that category because of my job.

Thanks.

Comment

Would you rather have me just keep quiet and let it go?

I see that your entire goal is to prove "damned if I do, damned if I don't"....
                            Actually, I would have preferred there be an environment where police follow the same laws they enforce

Comment

If you don't use your seat belt it can have further reaching consequences than just yourself. Tell me, do you have health insurance? Will your injuries/funeral be taken care of, or will someone else have to bear the brunt of the financial responsibility?

And of course, this Obamacare is a new thing. How about the first 20+ years I worked before it's existence?

Your point is that it isn't an issue until it affects someone else, and then "nail them to the wall". So how do you plan to implement this? What kind of punishments do you suggest? I'll tell you, it isn't going to work. Like it doesn't work now. How are you going to make some illegal pay when his drunk driving self plows into your parked car and he can't even afford insurance on his own car? Are you going to make him pay with a debtor's prison?

And I seriously doubt one accident, even a not at fault accident, would get anyone else here disciplinary action up to and including termination.

Oh, and thanks for the "On the board/off the board comparison". You could say that for quite a few folks on here, but I'm not allowed to fall in that category because of my job.

Thanks.
                              If an officer is thrown from his car due to not wearing a seatbelt (as it has been pointed out, it's not illegal), who will bear the brunt of responsibility for his failure? Will he, or will the taxpayers?

Comment

Actually, I would have preferred there be an environment where police follow the same laws they enforce
                                Beating a dead horse.

If an officer is thrown from his car due to not wearing a seatbelt (as it has been pointed out, it's not illegal), who will bear the brunt of responsibility for his failure? Will he, or will the taxpayers?
                                The city will do its damndest to resolve itself of liability and force the employee to use his/her own insurance.

Comment

Working...
                                X