Cheapest way to ship wheels/tires?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by A_A_G View Post
    You wanted our opinion on how to ship the wheels and then an hour later you posted you refunded the guy his money. LOL

Worthless thread is worthless. Stay off ebay and stick to Craigslist, you clearly dont know how it works and abide by the rules.
    Thanks for your insight, which - again - is adding nothing of a contribution.

Wheels are now gone, problem solved.

Comment

Next time say FREE WHEELS, $750.00 shipping, available in the continental US only.

Comment

I would have taken them to a recycling place, then sent the cashier check for the amount to they guy with a 1st class USPS stamp. Probably what he was going to do anyway! LOL!

Comment

Originally posted by Roscoe View Post
          I listed a set of wheels/tires from my wife's car on ebay. Appears the going rate to ship them is $150-250, so I put in $180.

Well some asshat (me) decided to do a $1 no reserve, and they sold for a whopping $20 with $180 shipping. I checked UPS ground, and the total to the buyer is $300.

Any ideas on what the cheapest way to send is? I don't mind giving them away (as I am here), but I'm not going to lose another $100 just to send them to some dickhole in Michigan.
          Greyhound is what I did most recently

Comment

I wouldn't take the time to:

1. call Grayhound

2. drive to a Grayhound station

for less than $1000

lesson learned = fuck shipping wheels/tires. local sale only
            http://www.truthcontest.com/entries/...iversal-truth/

Comment

Originally posted by Cooter View Post
              I wouldn't take the time to:

1. call Grayhound

2. drive to a Grayhound station

for less than $1000

lesson learned = fuck shipping wheels/tires. local sale only
              Exactly. I had a guy come get them last night and offered me $200. I said sure. He gets here and wanted to put them on his car (11yrs older) so we looked it up online and the rears needed spacers.

I told him to give me $150 and save the other for spacers. He was thrilled, as am I now that they are gone.

Fuck shipping shit I can't drop off at the post office.

Comment

C- seller. Would not do business again.

God bless.
                It is easier to build strong children than to repair broken men -Frederick Douglass

Comment

How dare you not lose money on the ebay transaction with someone 1300 miles away!

Comment

Originally posted by yellowstang View Post
                    Next time say FREE WHEELS, $750.00 shipping, available in the continental US only.
                    This.

Comment

I just shrink wrapped mine individually and took them to the UPS depot at DFW...listed as 1 shipment / 4 packages....the total was actually almost $60 less than what their website quoted online.
                      70' Chevelle RagTop
                      (Forever Under Construction)

"Opportunity is missed by most people because it is dressed in overalls and looks like work.”- Thomas A Edison

Comment

I shipped a set of wheels/tires once... because the dude had a UPS account and offered my full asking price plus $200 to drive them 15min down the road to the UPS dispatch and let them slap labels on them.

It worked out fine. I had listed them on a web forum and listed them as local sale only, but he made the offer, and I meh'd and went ahead and did it.

I have never listed wheels/tires on a nationwide forum since! LOL

(I also have 5 sets of fresh take-off wheels/tires in my storage unit! )
                        http://www.truthcontest.com/entries/...iversal-truth/

Comment

Greyhound
                          Originally posted by davbrucas
                          I want to like Slow99 since people I know say he's a good guy, but just about everything he posts is condescending and passive aggressive.

Most people I talk to have nothing but good things to say about you, but you sure come across as a condescending prick. Do you have an inferiority complex you've attempted to overcome through overachievement? Or were you fondled as a child?

You and slow99 should date. You both have passive aggressiveness down pat.

Comment

Here's how to ship a set of wheels across the country without spending a lot of money - It's easy. This should be stickied on every forum!
                            "If I asked people what they wanted, they would have said faster horses." - Henry Ford

Comment

Working...
                            X