Survivalist ambushes PA State Troopers-kills one, other recovering

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Survivalist ambushes PA State Troopers-kills one, other recovering

Hundreds of mourners gathered in Scranton on Thursday to honor Cpl. Bryon Dickson, the Pennsylvania state trooper shot and killed last week in an ambush that set off a large police manhunt.

Even as police officers from across the country were arriving for Dickson’s funeral, authorities continued to search for Eric Frein, 31, who has been charged with killing Dickson and seriously injuring Alex Douglass, 31, another trooper. The Pennsylvania State Police said that they were shot without warning as Dickson was leaving the barracks in Blooming Grove and Douglass was arriving.

Pennsylvania State Police Cpl. Byron Dickson was killed by a gunman as he left the police barracks in Blooming Grove, Pa. (Pennsylvania State Police via AP)
    Pennsylvania State Police Cpl. Byron Dickson. (Pennsylvania State Police via AP)
    Frein has also been federally charged with an unlawful flight to avoid prosecution. He has been added to the FBI’s list of the 10 most wanted fugitives, Edward J. Hanko, special agent in charge of the FBI’s Philadelphia division, announced Thursday.

The FBI is offering a reward of up to $100,000 for information that leads to Frein’s arrest. (A group called the Pennsylvania Crime Stoppers has also offered a $75,000 reward.)

“When law enforcement officers are violently targeted, we take it seriously—and personally,” Hanko said in a statement.

A photo of Eric Matthew Frein (Pennsylvania State Police via AP)
    Schools in the area remained closed as the search for Frein, which has involved hundreds of police officers scouring the area since the shooting Friday, stretched into its seventh day. On Tuesday, authorities identified Frein and described him as an “armed and extremely dangerous” man who had said he wanted to kill police officers and other people. Frank Noonan, commissioner of the Pennsylvania State Police, also said he was a highly-trained survivalist.

Police say that they were able to identify Frein after a Jeep was found partially submerged in a pond near the barracks on Monday. Inside the Jeep, they said they found shell casings that matched those found near the barracks along with Frein’s driver’s license, Social Security card and empty rifle casings, among other things.

The FBI has reported that Frein has connections across the mid-Atlantic region, including some in Pennsylvania, New Jersey and New York. But police said in a news conference after Dickson’s funeral that they believe Frein remains in the area, the Associated Press reported.
    Token Split Tail

Originally posted by slow99
    Lmao...my favorite female poster strikes again.
    Originally posted by Pokulski-Blatz
    You are a moron .... you were fucking with the most powerful vagina on DFW(MU)stangs.

He must have unlawfully asked for Frein's id in the past. People seem to get worked up about that for some reason.
    sigpic

Comment

“When law enforcement officers are violently targeted, we take it seriously—and personally,
      I laughed at the hypocrisy of this statement.

Comment

I'm a fan of not being dead, does that make me a survivalist?
        "If I asked people what they wanted, they would have said faster horses." - Henry Ford

Comment

Originally posted by racrguy View Post
          I laughed at the hypocrisy of this statement.
          Me too. I get the feeling if it were a civilian that was killed the statement would sound less concerned.
          I don't like Republicans, but I really FUCKING hate Democrats.

Sex with an Asian woman is great, but 30 minutes later you're horny again.

Comment

Originally posted by popo
            “when law abiding citizens are violently targeted, we dont' take it seriously—we just want to go home at the end of the day,” hanko said in a statement.
            ftfy

Comment

Live by the sword, die by the sword. No sympathy here.

Comment

Originally posted by davbrucas View Post
                Literally the same thing I was writing.

Cops are losing respect and as a result will have their pseudo-power questioned and challenged.

Comment

Originally posted by davbrucas View Post
                  So you're ok with convicted thieves that live at home with their mommy and daddy randomly shooting cops or any other people for that matter ? Are you saying it's ok, just because they're cops ?
                  Unless I am missing it, there appears to be no connection between the shooter and the cop.

Comment

Originally posted by dcs13 View Post
                    So you're ok with convicted thieves that live at home with their mommy and daddy randomly shooting cops or any other people for that matter ? Are you saying it's ok, just because they're cops ?
                    Unless I am missing it, there appears to be no connection between the shooter and the cop.
                    I don't like it, but the police can't bitch about tactics being used against them that they regularly employ. The only difference now is that the guy is hiding, and the police just stare you in the face and laugh at you and there's nothing you can do about it. I think we're going to start seeing more of what's going on here. The police have been pushing around people and fucking with them for so long that people are getting tired of it. When middle class white folks are pissed off at you, you've REALLY fucked up.

Comment

Originally posted by dcs13 View Post

Reread my post.

Govt agents aren't your friend. They will fuck you if the situation arises. Ain't no fun when the rabbit has the gun.

Comment

Suspected cop killer Eric Frein was captured Thursday in Pennsylvania after a 48-day manhunt, law enforcement sources with direct knowledge of the arrest told NBC News.

Law enforcement sources later said Frein, 31, was captured without incident Thursday afternoon by a U.S. Marshals task force at the abandoned Birchwood Pocono Airport in Tannersville. A rifle and a pistol were found inside a hangar, one of the sources said.

Frein is accused of killing State Police Cpl. Bryon Dickson and wounding Trooper Alex Douglass in an ambush on the Blooming Grove barracks on Sept. 12. Police found a diary entry, his AK-47, two homemade pipe bombs and several campsites, they but hadn't been able to capture him until Thursday.

In the diary, Frein — a military reenactment buff and survivalist — described how he fled in his Jeep but got only a half-mile before he encountered a roadblock.

"Got a shot around 11 p.m. and took it," he wrote in an entry dated Sept. 12. "He dropped. I was surprised at how quick. I took a follow-up shot on his head, neck area. He was still and quiet after that.

"Another cop approached the one I just shot," Frein continued. "As he went to kneel, I took a shot at him and jumped in the door. His legs were visible and still."

Comment

Good. Fuck that guy.

Comment

Only took 6 weeks for 100's of Law Enforcement with unlimited resources to find 1 guy. LOL.

Comment

Damn, was pulling for him.

Comment

Working...
                              X