No announcement yet.

Proposed Bill Would Allow Cops To Collect Fines On The Spot

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

So this would turn cops into robbers? Got it.

If I'm not contesting and feel I was guilty, and it's off the record, I'm paying the cop.

If he is requiring me to pay before preceding by pulling his gun and using threatening gestures, I guess I've got a fight on my hands (in more ways than one)

It all sounds like good fun to me.

Comment

Originally posted by Forever_frost View Post
      You still haven't addressed what the repercussions are for the cops who push this as an obligation instead of an option. What punishment is there for them bullying you to hand over your credit card to someone on the side of the road who is physically taking money from you at gun point?

I'm pretty sure I know what that is called when it's not someone with a badge.
      Because you have any proof whatsoever of this happening right? Where officers forced someone to pay a ticket on the side of the road?

Comment

Originally posted by jewozzy View Post
        Because you have any proof whatsoever of this happening right? Where officers forced someone to pay a ticket on the side of the road?
        Nope, but I do have proof of cops being fucking thieves and assholes on the side of the road, illegally searching vehicles, seizing vehicles without charge, claiming to smell weed to dig through a vehicle when there is none, threatening to call in CPS to seize children if a family doesn't hand over their vehicle and the money inside.

Would you like stories of that? Tell me how responsible cops are with the authority they currently have.

Edited just to give you a taste of what I'm talking about:

TENAHA, Texas— You can drive into this dusty fleck of a town near the Texas-Louisiana border if you’re African-American, but you might not be able to drive out of it—at least not …
        I wear a Fez. Fez-es are cool

Comment

Nope, but I do have proof of cops being fucking thieves and assholes on the side of the road, illegally searching vehicles, seizing vehicles without charge, claiming to smell weed to dig through a vehicle when there is none, threatening to call in CPS to seize children if a family doesn't hand over their vehicle and the money inside.

Would you like stories of that? Tell me how responsible cops are with the authority they currently have.

Edited just to give you a taste of what I'm talking about:

http://www.chicagotribune.com/news/n...r10-story.html
          And those are illegal things that should be handled. They don't have anything to do with allowing you to pay your ticket on the side of the road...

Comment

Originally posted by jewozzy View Post
            And those are illegal things that should be handled. They don't have anything to do with allowing you to pay your ticket on the side of the road...
            Actually they do. They show if you permit officers to seize money on the side of the road, they will.
            I wear a Fez. Fez-es are cool

Comment

Actually they do. They show if you permit officers to seize money on the side of the road, they will.
              Yet you can't find proof of misuse of that authority in states that allow people to pay their fine on the side of the road?

Comment

Working...
              X