New user intro: gearjammer351

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by cool cat View Post
    At the very least get the one piece export brace. the two piece units don't offer much strength.
    This is a one piece that's been split - the regular 'one-piece' brace won't fit properly because the tops of the shock towers have moved out ~1-1/2". I'm considering getting a one-piece tubular one and having it altered, but as I mentioned earlier, this project hasn't got much of a budget.

Originally posted by ALLAN View Post
    You seem "familiar".
    Oh... you're one of them.

Originally posted by talisman View Post
    I had those on my '67 Fastback that had a 390. Mother of god, there was zero room to do anything in that engine compartment. As I recall, the battery partially rested on the alternator bracket.. Thankfully it atleast had an Edelbrock intake instead of the 100 pound stocker already.
    I do not envy you. I would LOVE a '68 CJ GT, but they are a pain to work on.

The extra room in my '70 -with a small block- makes it really easy to work on.
    You live and learn or you don’t live long.

Comment

Originally posted by Cooter View Post
      I installed a set of Hooker super comps on a '69 mustang with an FE in it about 15-16yrs ago, and I still the chills thinking about it...
      FE's may have been a little more forgiving in the header room arena, than the 385 series.

I had a set of headers made for my 385 (429) at Tubular Technologies which were single tube (individual tubes), and the number 3 tube from each side crossed over to the opposite collector essentially working as an "X" pipe. This was a major PITA, having to "work" them around the 50 gallon Milodon oil pan, as well as the Lakewood Bell Housing. Lot's of cutting, bending, banging etc... to make them fit.

David

Comment

Working...
      X