Has anyone heard from MikeC?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by SEB View Post
    Its the least I can do for Mike! He was always there for alot us off this board and I think we owe some of the long standing members here who have given back to this board that honor and as a gesture of our appreciation. I would do the same for JKD and Adam an others off this board
    That is honorable man and I say thank you again.

I think a good show of his character was after the Moore OK tornado a couple years back. He organized a water, food, clothing and other supplies drive and loaded his horse trailer. He drove it up there without a 2nd thought and did not know where to go. I spent an hour after work one evening to help him load it all up and get ready to go. I think he made 3 or 4 trips over a couple of weeks. He was disappointed that people did not bring enough to do even more. I think he wanted to be able to fix the supplies problem by himself. He did more than most even considered.

Comment

• I just now heard from Suzy that Mikes memorial service will be this Thursday at noon at the Lone Star Cowboy Church, 543 west f.m. 6, Nevada, tx 75173.

Comment

• The memorial service will be this Thursday at noon at the Lone Star Cowboy Church, 543 west f.m. 6, Nevada, tx 75173

I was thinking we could all meet up in Rockwall off 30 and convoy down 205 an take 78 to the memorial. I know it would mean alot to the family if anyone that could make the time to attend Mikes memorial would mean the world to his boys so they could see their father was a part of a great group of men who had integrity and honor!
        GOD BLESS TEXAS
        August Landscaping
        214-779-7278
        Seb's high class.
        He'll mow your grass.
        He'll kick your ass.
        And while his kidney stones pass,
        He'll piss in a glass!

Comment

• Originally posted by Joe Wiecked View Post
          I just now heard from Suzy that Mikes memorial service will be this Thursday at noon at the Lone Star Cowboy Church, 543 west f.m. 6, Nevada, tx 75173.
          I'll be in town, thankfully. Thanks for the heads-up.

Comment

• I'm really saddened to hear this. Even though you didn't always agree with him, he had a giving heart and wouldn't hesitate to help anyone. We had a number of conversations about building furniture with hidden compartments after he saw the furniture my girlfriends dad made me. He loved his wood working and loved to build and we bounced ideas off of each other about several projects. Mike was the guy to not just go the extra mile but the extra ten miles to help someone out. When that tree fell on my buddies house a few months back and I was looking for a chainsaw, Mike offered to rent one and bring it out to Arlington to help out. By that time I'd found one in North Richland Hills but it was the thought that counts.

My thoughts and prayers go out to his family and friends that are grieving over his loss. He doesn't have to fight those demons any longer. And I hope his boys know how much of a giving person he was.

Rest easy Mike.
            Originally posted by Jester
            Every time you see the fucking guy....show him your fucking dick.. Just whip out your hawg and wiggle it in his direction, put it away, call him a fuckin meatgazer, shoot him the bird and go inside.
            He will spend the rest of the day wondering if he is gay.
            Originally posted by Denny
            What the fuck ever, you fucking fragile faggot.
            FORGTN SOLD1ER - xbox gamer

Comment

The memorial service will be this Thursday at noon at the Lone Star Cowboy Church, 543 west f.m. 6, Nevada, tx 75173

I was thinking we could all meet up in Rockwall off 30 and convoy down 205 an take 78 to the memorial. I know it would mean alot to the family if anyone that could make the time to attend Mikes memorial would mean the world to his boys so they could see their father was a part of a great group of men who had integrity and honor!
              I think that is a good idea. I will be coming up FM 6 from the opposite direction (I pass this church daily and is the one I went to with him), so I will see ya'll there.

Comment

• Originally posted by Denny View Post
                If this turns out to be something along the lines of a suicide, I'm going to feel pretty shitty not doing more and worrying about not offending him or triggering a reaction.
                Damn, Denny don't beat yourself up man. Many people have things in their mind that most of us can't explain. I never thought for an instant that Luis would do what he did either, but in a instant a person can flip in a fit of rage and change their entire family and friends without realizing that they will be affecting all the people around them that really care for them and would do anything to help them.

I feel bad for his boys, man this sucks for them...
                Originally posted by Silverback
                Look all you want, she can't find anyone else who treats her as bad as I do, and I keep her self esteem so low, she wouldn't think twice about going anywhere else.

Comment

• Guys here is the fund I setup for MikeC lets try and do something good for these boys so they know that Mike was cared about and remembered!

Please check the URL and try again or, alternatively, you can browse fundraisers currently receiving the most donations worldwide below.
                  GOD BLESS TEXAS
                  August Landscaping
                  214-779-7278
                  Seb's high class.
                  He'll mow your grass.
                  He'll kick your ass.
                  He'll piss in a glass!

Comment

• Originally posted by Rick Modena View Post
                    Damn, Denny don't beat yourself up man. Many people have things in their mind that most of us can't explain. I never thought for an instant that Luis would do what he did either, but in a instant a person can flip in a fit of rage and change their entire family and friends without realizing that they will be affecting all the people around them that really care for them and would do anything to help them.

I feel bad for his boys, man this sucks for them...

Ya, we never hung out but a couple of times, but when he did call, he just needed to blow off some steam or something. I think he just wanted to hear from someone that shared a lot of the same views on other things. It's just a hind sight face palm I guess.

Comment

• Seb, I will donate later in the month. I am a bit cash strapped right now, but I will add to it.

Comment

Guys here is the fund I setup for MikeC lets try and do something good for these boys so they know that Mike was cared about and remembered!

http://www.gofundme.com/jfx2ps
                        Very cool, bro. Could you also ask if there are any immediate needs the family has?

Comment

• I hate to admit this and I feel like shit saying this. But Mike called me a couple weeks back wanting to talk. But I was just so busy with Xmas Holidays and buying a house I completely forgot to call him back. I want to tell myself that is was prolly work related as Mike and I worked on a few jobs together. But most of our conversations where related to our personal life and really just venting to one another. Mike was there for me when I needed to find options on how to deal with my anger. I was there for him as well with some of the trials he went through on this board as we both fell in that same category of being the Black sheep on this board and sometimes standing alone on here and feeling gained up on. I will never know what Mike was calling about. I just wish I had took the time to call him back
                          GOD BLESS TEXAS
                          August Landscaping
                          214-779-7278
                          Seb's high class.
                          He'll mow your grass.
                          He'll kick your ass.
                          He'll piss in a glass!

Comment

• Originally posted by motoman View Post
                            I'm really saddened to hear this. Even though you didn't always agree with him, he had a giving heart and wouldn't hesitate to help anyone. We had a number of conversations about building furniture with hidden compartments after he saw the furniture my girlfriends dad made me. He loved his wood working and loved to build and we bounced ideas off of each other about several projects. Mike was the guy to not just go the extra mile but the extra ten miles to help someone out. When that tree fell on my buddies house a few months back and I was looking for a chainsaw, Mike offered to rent one and bring it out to Arlington to help out. By that time I'd found one in North Richland Hills but it was the thought that counts.

My thoughts and prayers go out to his family and friends that are grieving over his loss. He doesn't have to fight those demons any longer. And I hope his boys know how much of a giving person he was.

Rest easy Mike.

This post truly describes the Mike I knew and remember
                            GOD BLESS TEXAS
                            August Landscaping
                            214-779-7278
                            Seb's high class.
                            He'll mow your grass.
                            He'll kick your ass.
                            He'll piss in a glass!

Comment

• Originally posted by Denny View Post
                              Very cool, bro. Could you also ask if there are any immediate needs the family has?
                              The family just asked for prayers for these boys and to always remember him
                              GOD BLESS TEXAS
                              August Landscaping
                              214-779-7278
                              Seb's high class.
                              He'll mow your grass.
                              He'll kick your ass.
                              He'll piss in a glass!

Comment

• Retroactive regrets do nothing. It was his issue(s), Seb. Doubtful anything anyone would have said would have stopped him.

Comment

Working...
                                X