1987-1993 LX Notchbacks

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 1987-1993 LX Notchbacks

Ok, why I haven't seriously sought one before now is beyond me, but now I've got the serious itch to get one as a weekend toy. Give me your two cents on these as I'm a rookie when it comes to these LXs. One thing I see is a lot of SSPs. Are SSPs hard to resell? What else should I look for when looking at these? I'm looking for one with a manual trans, I see a lot are autos converted to manual. I'm staying away from the heavily nodded ones and don't mind the mildly modded cars. Mainly wanting to know what red flags to watch out for and buy something I won't have a hard time reselling when I get my next itch.
    Last edited by SMKR; 02-26-2015, 04:10 PM.

I would buy this one in a heart beat.....

Comment

You want one now that they're going up in price and getting more sought after. It's just human nature.

Comment

Auto's have a poor resale IMO But if you find a clean one 5spd swap is pretty easy. There is a pretty big demand for foxes. I'm always looking for them.

Comment

Originally posted by Denny View Post
          You want one now that they're going up in price and getting more sought after. It's just human nature.
          No, I want it because it has finally caught my eye, I've never really paid attention to them until now that recently a guy in my neighborhood bought a sweet calypso green one

Comment

Originally posted by Whiteboy View Post
            Auto's have a poor resale IMO But if you find a clean one 5spd swap is pretty easy. There is a pretty big demand for foxes. I'm always looking for them.
            Is that white ssp the only one you have for sale currently? Are ssps good or bad to have when it comes to selling one?

Comment

Originally posted by Whiteboy View Post
              Here are a couple I've bookmarked on Craigslist, give me your opinion, I like this one, but it's auto, would need to be converted but does that kill the value?

Mustang For Sale - $7500

ford mustang 5.0 notchback foxbody - $6000

for sale mustang lx 5.0 notchback coupe - $8999

93 5.0 Mustang LX Notch Foxbody - $6500

I know this isn't an LX but man it's clean
              1988 Mustang GT 5.0 - $9000

Comment

The first one and the one that is $8999 are the only ones I like. Personally I would be looking for a nicer color like a bimini or calypso.

Comment

Look for an 86 instead

Comment

Originally posted by mstng86 View Post
                    Look for an 86 instead
                    How come?

Comment

Originally posted by SMKR View Post
                      No, I want it because it has finally caught my eye, I've never really paid attention to them until now that recently a guy in my neighborhood bought a sweet calypso green one
                      No, I think I'm more right than you want to believe. A popular car that's been around for almost 30 years and it's just now "catching your eye?" You're on a Mustang forum, for fuck sakes!

Come on, man. Don't make me Dr. Phil you.

Comment

How come?
                        Good taste goes a long way.

Comment

Originally posted by mstng86 View Post
                          Good taste goes a long way.
                          More desirable?

Comment

Originally posted by Denny View Post
                            No, I think I'm more right than you want to believe. A popular car that's been around for almost 30 years and it's just now "catching your eye?" You're on a Mustang forum, for fuck sakes!

Come on, man. Don't make me Dr. Phil you.
                            Lol, well, I will say, everytime Im outside in the front yard and he drives by he throws a rev at me, and I told my 3 daughters, (ages 3,5, and 8) that daddy needs to get one of those that is nicer, faster and sounds better.......
                            Last edited by SMKR; 02-25-2015, 10:49 PM.

Comment

More desirable?
                              85 and 86 have a cult following. There's a clean 85 for sale on CL.

Comment

Working...
                              X