New inspection sticker law

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• New inspection sticker law

Since the new bill for one sticker go's into effect on March 1st, I'm trying to figure out if I should inspect before the 28th or wait until the 1st. After I get it passed in the next few days I'm looking for the best option to keep it the longest.

Inspection is currently expired and registration is good until 9/15.

You will still get your vehicle inspected. You just don't pay or get a sticker. The info is collected by the state and you can't register the vehicle with out a valid inspection in the system. Not sure how waiting would be a problem. Maybe it will work like this for you.

Get inspected after the 1st
    Get reg 9/15
    Get inspected again before 9/16

Not sure about all that but it's my understanding anyway.

Comment

This thing is a giant clusterfuck. The way I understand it, if you get it inspected before March 1st and your registration is past march, your inspection will be valid till you have to renew the registration the next year. So in your case your car wont have to be inspected again until 9/16.

You if you wait, you will get it inspected and hang on to the paper until you register the car. As for not paying, that is BS. After the law, you will only pay the inspection station his portion and then the states portion when you get the car registered.

First Year of the Program – March 2015 thru February 2016:

Vehicles having different expiration dates for registration and inspection. To avoid the possibility of a motorist having to obtain two inspections in a 12-month period, a vehicle having a current passing (unexpired) vehicle inspection at time of registration will be allowed to register. The next inspection due date will be the same as the next registration due date. The vehicle is now “in-sync.”

Comment

Just to be clear. Still need an inspection--same intervals--- Just no sticker on w-shield--right? All inspection info is kept by the state. You said you don't pay?

Comment

Originally posted by likeitfast55 View Post
          Just to be clear. Still need an inspection--same intervals--- Just no sticker on w-shield--right? All inspection info is kept by the state. You said you don't pay?
          Still need an inspection, no sticker on the windshield. You will keep the inspection report in the car and there will be a state database. Still have to pay, you just pay the inspection station his portion at the time of inspection and then the states portion when you renew.

Comment

Beginning March 1st 2015, Texas vehicle inspection and registration stickers are partnering up.

you will pay a porting to the inspection station according to this

Comment

What's really f***** is that I can't renew my boat trailer tag next month until I get the trailer inspected. Got the letter last week and thought it was a mistake but because the boat & trailer are over 4500 pounds (by 400 pounds) I have to get the trailer inspected every year. First I ever heard of getting boat trailers inspected.

Comment

you still pay to get it inspected, you just don't get a sticker.

you can't renew your registration until you pass inspection
                http://www.truthcontest.com/entries/...iversal-truth/

Comment

Originally posted by ryuu View Post
                  What's really f***** is that I can't renew my boat trailer tag next month until I get the trailer inspected. Got the letter last week and thought it was a mistake but because the boat & trailer are over 4500 pounds (by 400 pounds) I have to get the trailer inspected every year. First I ever heard of getting boat trailers inspected.
                  I don't want to hear it, they are fucking us car dealers right up the ass. If I get the car inspected, or get a car from auction that is already inspected, and it's sold, or been more than 180 days since it was last inspected, I have to get it inspected again.

So yeah, even if it has a current inspection sticker, but it's been more than 6 months, I have to get it inspected again.

Comment

So my inspection expires on march 1- can I just peel off the sticker and do nothing?
                    2012 GT500

Comment

Originally posted by Cobraman View Post
                      So my inspection expires on march 1- can I just peel off the sticker and do nothing?

When does your registration expire? Either way I wouldn't peel it, unless you want to chance a cop not running your plates.

Comment

my inspection expired 1/13. Made my 2 year mark
                        DE OPPRESSO LIBER

Comment

Originally posted by HarrisonTX View Post
                          Damn, I still daily mine with a 12/14 and feel that that's bad lol
                          Putting warheads on foreheads since 2004

Pro-Touring Build

Comment

Originally posted by HarrisonTX View Post
                            Winning!!!

When is the state going to realize that inspections are a scam to generate revenue for the state? There's a ton of cars on the road today with no inspection because they can't pass. Just up the registration cost and do away with inspections outright!

Comment

What fucking asshole was the brain trust behind this pile of dogshit?

Comment

Working...
                              X