No announcement yet.

Texas volunteer firefighter resigns after allegedly killing dogs, posting photo

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Texas volunteer firefighter resigns after allegedly killing dogs, posting photo

A volunteer firefighter in Texas resigned Wednesday after a photo appeared on social media indicating that he shot two dogs -- black and yellow labs -- because they entered his yard.

Fox4News.com did not identify the firefighter, but cited a Facebook post that showed two dogs lying on an icy patch. The caption read, "Somebody didn't put any truth (sic) my warning. Keep your damn dogs on your property."

The Hunt County firefighter could face animal-cruelty charges.

The fire department issued a statement saying, "We do not condone the recent actions of one of our firefighters. We are following our policy in removing him from our department."

The station contacted the dogs' owner, who learned that the dogs were shot on social media.

"I'm in shock! I don't know, I don't understand these people. Bad people, I don't know," Pulido Rodrigo told the station.

According to state law, in order for a person to legally shoot a dog, there must be a reasonable threat to someone or livestock.

Wtf are some people thinking? Even if you were threatened and justifiably killed the dogs, what the hell would make you think its a good idea to plaster on Facebook. This dude better have a damn good reason to have killed these dogs, or I hope he spends some time and loses his job prospects for the rest of his life.

Comment

lol fucking volunteer, who cares.
      "When the people find that they can vote themselves money, that will herald the end of the republic." -Benjamin Franklin
      "A democracy will continue to exist up until the time that voters discover that they can vote themselves generous gifts from the public treasury." -Alexander Fraser Tytler

Comment

I wish someone would start shooting the assholes that let their dogs run all over creation.
        ZOMBIE REAGAN FOR PRESIDENT 2016!!! heh

Comment

Originally posted by YALE View Post
          I wish someone would start shooting the assholes that let their dogs run all over creation.
          Ain't that the truth, same sentiment I have when I see dead dogs on the side of the road. Some jackass can't keep their dogs safely in their yard.
          "When the people find that they can vote themselves money, that will herald the end of the republic." -Benjamin Franklin
          "A democracy will continue to exist up until the time that voters discover that they can vote themselves generous gifts from the public treasury." -Alexander Fraser Tytler

Comment

Originally posted by CJ View Post
            Ain't that the truth, same sentiment I have when I see dead dogs on the side of the road. Some jackass can't keep their dogs safely in their yard.
            It's ridiculous out here. I wish I had the words to describe the scope of it.

Comment

It's ridiculous out here. I wish I had the words to describe the scope of it.
              A lot of them are probably dumped
              WH

Comment

Originally posted by Gasser64 View Post
                A lot of them are probably dumped
                For sure, but a lot people just don't fence them in, because they were raised on a ranch in east bumfuck nowhere, and don't understand that a dog's best friend in town is a good fence.

Case in point: I have to go have what I'm sure will be a lovely chat with an asshole about keeping his dogs in his yard, because my girlfriend just called me frantically about one of them chasing her while she was running. This will be more fun than I can handle, I'm sure.
                Last edited by YALE; 03-01-2015, 02:28 PM.

Comment

When my son got bit, it was some fucks from Liberia that would open their front door, let the dog run out, do his business, terrorize the neighborhood kids, then let him back in.

Animal control did nothing until I called the cops, even then, their actions were only based on my reactions and limited knowledge of the law.

I fucking loathe people that don't handle animals properly. That includes cats. If you own them, contain them. I don't want my kids in fear or my bushes smelling like cat piss.

Comment

For sure, but a lot people just don't fence them in, because they were raised on a ranch in east bumfuck nowhere, and don't understand that a dog's best friend in town is a good fence.

Case in point: I have to go have what I'm sure will be a lovely chat with an asshole about keeping his dogs in his yard, because my girlfriend just called me frantically about one of them chasing her while she was running. This will be more fun than I can handle, I'm sure.
                    Get her pepper spray!

Comment

Originally posted by Ruffdaddy View Post
                      Get her pepper spray!
                      Get her a snub-nose 10mm so she can plug that feral mutt.
                      Originally posted by PGreenCobra
                      I can't get over the fact that you get to go live the rest of your life, knowing that someone made a Halloween costume out of you. LMAO!!
                      Originally posted by Trip McNeely
                      Originally posted by dsrtuckteezy
                      dont downshift!!
                      Go do a whooly in front of a Peterbilt.

Comment

Originally posted by Ruffdaddy View Post
                        Get her pepper spray!
                        Originally posted by DON SVO View Post
                        Get her a snub-nose 10mm so she can plug that feral mutt.
                        I have offered to buy her any gun, knife, lead sap, extendable baton, pepper spray, taser, or cattle prod she wants. She's not into any of those solutions, because she loves dogs too much. I honestly think if it came down to her or a dog, she'd rather die than kill the dog. On a positive note, we went by and the dogs were in the fence. Seems like it was accidental.

Comment

I didn't realize you and HarrisonTX had made it DFWMustangs official. Congrats!
                          Originally posted by Broncojohnny
                          HOORAY ME and FUCK YOU!

Comment

Originally posted by nash b. View Post
                            i didn't realize you and harrisontx had made it dfwmustangs official. Congrats!
                            lolololol

Comment

Hahahaha!!!

Comment

Working...
                              X