No announcement yet.

Calming the mind before an interview?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Very helpful, thanks. You too, are absolutely right. I fortunately don't need the job, but I do realize that it's an amazing opportunity for me to grow professionally and financially. I'm already firmly planted here in Sacramento, so I don't have the negative thought of having to move temper the mood, but having already done so is one of the main things that shows that I am dedicated to my career in this territory. At this level I don't know that having to pay a relocation package would play into the decision, but it's one of a few advantages I have.

I have already met and work with everybody, in some capacity, that will be there tomorrow, and have a good working relationship with them all. There is zero logical reason for me to get nervous, but as of right now I can't shake this lingering little bit of "holy shit, this is really happening."

Comment

Nervous about the interview or nervous about the prospect of leaving a place you've been at so long?

Comment

Good point, if I'm honest with myself, I suppose it's as much about leaving that comfort zone as anything.

Comment

Updates???? Don't tell us you didn't bring your cell phone in for a play by play...

Comment

Originally posted by Ruffdaddy View Post
            Updates???? Don't tell us you didn't bring your cell phone in for a play by play...
            "Hang on guys, gotta update the mustang board right quick. Bee Arr Bee, Mr. Interview Guy."
            Originally posted by PGreenCobra
            I can't get over the fact that you get to go live the rest of your life, knowing that someone made a Halloween costume out of you. LMAO!!
            Originally posted by Trip McNeely
            Originally posted by dsrtuckteezy
            dont downshift!!
            Go do a whooly in front of a Peterbilt.

Comment

Coulda sent an update from the pisser, though it'd have looked bad to come back with the inevitable errant drop(s) on my pant leg.

I actually did have fun today, as mentioned before, I do already know all of the interviewers, so today was pretty casual for me. It was a little off putting meeting the other candidates in the lobby this morning, and then again at lunch, but at the end of the day we're all just trying to advance our careers.

I think I did well, and scored top marks, but in not knowing what the others bring to the table, I don't think I necessarily have it "in the bag" so to speak. It's a group decision, which has many factors. Now I simply wait until they make a decision next week, I'll get a call either way.

This waiting thing sucks...

Comment

Hope you get it!

Comment

We can go family style on the other candidates if it'll help.

Comment

Give us the names of the other guys, and we'll dig up some dirt on all of them and send it to the hiring managers.

Comment

You could always... you know... rub one out in the bathroom when you get there.
                      WH

Comment

Originally posted by Ruffdaddy View Post
                        We can go family style on the other candidates if it'll help.
                        Originally posted by 93LXHORSE View Post
                        Give us the names of the other guys, and we'll dig up some dirt on all of them and send it to the hiring managers.
                        One of them is a rep at HP, whom I've worked with on a few deals, software tends to be an incestuous little family. The other guy from IBM I don't know, but didn't in the least bit feel threatened by him.

The fact is, to have gotten to this final stage, all candidates have passed the basic muster, and could proficiently do the job, so maybe a little digging in the dirt wouldn't be a bad thing.

Hell, I'd be down for a gladiator style last-man-standing-match. heh

Comment

Tell those pricks, JITB or behind CC in 15 minutes. DFWM will show
                          Originally posted by MR EDD
                          U defend him who use's racial slurs like hes drinking water.

Comment

Originally posted by Big A View Post
                            One of them is a rep at HP, whom I've worked with on a few deals, software tends to be an incestuous little family. The other guy from IBM I don't know, but didn't in the least bit feel threatened by him.

The fact is, to have gotten to this final stage, all candidates have passed the basic muster, and could proficiently do the job, so maybe a little digging in the dirt wouldn't be a bad thing.

Hell, I'd be down for a gladiator style last-man-standing-match. heh
                            You've got a gang of ride-or-die niggas, it appears. Let us know if they poured salt all over your shoes. lol

Comment

X2 on car jousting. Good luck buddy.
                              Originally posted by BradM
                              But, just like condoms and women's rights, I don't believe in them.
                              Originally posted by Leah
                              In other news: Brent's meat melts in your mouth.

Comment

Just to bring the thread to a close, though I was one of the two final candidates they were looking at, in the end I didn't get the job. I'm a little bummed, but the net of it is that I'm now on their radar, and was told that I would definitely be an asset to the team. I'll keep my eyes peeled for the next opening, take the constructive criticism that was given to heart, and keep building my resume.

Overall it was a great experience, and I'll be cool as a cucumber for the next go 'round.

Comment

Working...
                                X