No announcement yet.

an open call to all in my clan...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Late to the party but, Good Luck to the Cooter!
    "People sleep peaceably in their beds at night only because rough men stand ready to do violence on their behalf. "
    George Orwell

Comment

• Originally posted by cobrajet69 View Post
      Ditto Forrest.

David
      Thanks, David!

Originally posted by Craizie View Post
      I've got to be honest... It's more of a Vienna hammock.
      LOL! my long lost twin!

Originally posted by Gasser64 View Post
      Not if I do something about it first! I'll beat you to the punch old man!

Sigh... or, you can just change my name to Justinsn95. At the request of Brad, I've dropped the act. Or are you even an admin here? Maybe that was the old one..

Doesn't really matter does it? That doesn't seem to be what he took away from it. And hahaha, is that what you really think of me? Maybe you just never posted it up. Perhaps I am a sick man. Sadly, I must hide my true nature from everyone I know or they would all think the same thing. But from the looks of this forum, we all have some weird form of psychosis or another. I used to think it all boiled down to "that guy is just a dick" but if you look closer, and you pay attention to the things they say, most of it can actually be defined in terms of psychology. You just hear about it. On the radio, internet articles, etc etc. Then you begin to put it together.

One of the worst I've ever seen was talisman. You just know from his posts there was something really wrong with that guy. I guess he's gone now, and if that was his attitude in real life, then frankly it wouldn't surprise me to hear that he had met some kind of early demise. And I've got no ill will towards him, I simply put him on ignore a long time ago and left him there. Hopefully he's somehow managed to turn it around.

I really don't know how to respond to a post like that. Normally I avoid such deep social interactions like the plague. Makes me feel unmanly, and all accepted and stuff. Maybe that's what's wrong with me, I like being on the outside. Who knows. I do know that my days of lashing out at people are coming to an end. I wish I could say that it was somehow always my intention to help Forrest, but that would be a lie. Trolling aside, I'm not some kind of liar. No I was just being me, and asking more of a certain community that it was meant for, or was ever intended to give. This is a mustang forum originally, after all. And I should have just left it at that.

I saw other people bashing each other like it was nobody's business and I thought it would be fine if I did the same. It hasn't had a positive effect on me. This place has actually taught me a lot over the years, and for that I'm grateful. I hope things work out for well for Forrest. Maybe someday we can meet in person, but I live pretty far away. Looking at that post I feel... humbled somehow. I'm not good at that kind of thing. Never have been. Feel like I'm talking about 'me' way too much, but after all this time it just seems like some kind of explanation is warranted. It seems like my vile words here have a greater effect on people than I ever thought they would.

So have a good trip. Don't know if you're already back or not, I skipped a lot of posts. Best wishes and don't spend too much time fist fighting and drinking in those Irish pubs!
      LOL, no fighting or drinking here... and I'm not going to Ireland. Thank you for reminding me that I need to reach out to Eric. He's still our brother. And it sounds like he might be in a dark place. Thanks for reminding me!

Originally posted by bobs94formula View Post
      Good luck Forrest! For those who have not met him he's a stand up guy! I still have those FFF ported 69 351W heads and the 4.30 rear end from the silver car, I bought from you way back when .
      Bob
      man, talk about a blast from the past!

appreciate the luck, but man, today it's really hitting me. I posted this thread on a couple other boards, and man, I'm realizing how many good people are wishing me luck, and I realize, I'm already so lucky that I have all the luck I could ever need.

Originally posted by Sean88gt View Post
      Grinding! That being said, as I imagine us singing "Rocky Mountain High" at 9,000+', I present you this.

YES!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Originally posted by Jimbo View Post
      Best of luck on your uplifting journey. We only briefly met a handful of times, a decade ago, but I got the impression that you were a survivor. It's inspiring to see you taking it even further into prosperity.
      well, I actually plan on dying penniless, but I see great wealth coming down the pike in the future. That tells me I'll somehow end up with just enough prosperity to accomplish what I want to in life

Originally posted by 68RR View Post
      Cooter..

Never met you but have enjoyed both your posts, and the others over the years.. Being a hell of a lot older than most of the guys here, I've sat back and have read the joy, agony and lets face it the pure hatred in many of the posts. As we get older we eventually realize the the childish ways just don't cut it anymore. I believe you've found that out. I wish you the best, and maybe some day our paths will cross and we can share our life experiences..
      well, you read joy, agony, and pure hatred in many of MY posts... I'll go ahead and say it for you. everybody has childish ways. I think the key to life is to just accept the embarrassing things you've done in the past. Accept them as life lessons, building blocks, etc.

hmm... I like that!

thank you for the well wishing, sir!

Originally posted by slow99 View Post
      Not really sure what the hell is going on in here, but best of luck.
      love it!

Originally posted by 46Tbird View Post
      Forrest, we've met face to face just a couple of times, but the most memorable for me was the first time, in your driveway. I must have been buying something from you but it was so long ago I have no idea what it was now.

To anyone that has heard rumors about Forrest being permanently barefoot, that was no bullshit! He was drilling hundreds of holes in a Fairmont to "lighten it up", and the whole time he was walking those huge dirty bare feet all over the shavings and scrap steel from those holes. I thought to myself, "Self, that's a pretty tough SOB. Don't fuck with him or piss him off." In the spirit of your gunt pilgrimage, I wanted to share a positive story with everyone!
      lmgdao... gotta love it! My organization skills haven't improved a fucking lick since! LOL

The one that stands out to ME is when you bagged on my pinto for being yellow... but I understand now haha

Originally posted by Sean88gt View Post
      No fucking shit!
      this fucking place, I swear! LOL

Originally posted by inline 6 View Post
      Dude, what kind of bud did you get your hands on?
      hahaha, thankfully the tides of luck have always shined on me in that regard... that stuff seems to find me at just the right time. But I'm currently drug free! The mind focus is accelerating at an alarming rate.

every day has been better than the last... even the ones with stress and strife have been better than the ones before them. (see how I do that? LOL)

Originally posted by Wicked SVO View Post
      Forrest,

Good luck and Godspeed on whatever endeavor you are chasing. With an attitude like yours, coupled with your skillset, I have no doubt you achieve whatever it is you set out to do brother. Definitely among one of the most memorable and helpful members I have had the pleasure of meeting from this board. Stay up broseph and when you are rolling on a bed of money, don't forget the little guys, heh!

cheers homie!

-keith
      Keith, I've been thinking about you lately, and I'm sure glad to see you posting. I gotta reach out to KJ and man, has anybody heard from Sealy?
      http://www.truthcontest.com/entries/...iversal-truth/

Comment

• Originally posted by Treadhead View Post
        Late to the party but, Good Luck to the Cooter!
        hey man, late is fine... shit happens...

You can never arrive too late to my party!

Comment

• hope all gos well for you,. You always came across as a stand up guy, never let your self be drawn it to drama. Always know if I see a post by you it would be worth reading. We all have demons to fight, been there and from just reading your post for 13 years I know you will come out ok. Best of luck/

Comment

• Originally posted by sig239 View Post
            hope all gos well for you,. You always came across as a stand up guy, never let your self be drawn it to drama. Always know if I see a post by you it would be worth reading. We all have demons to fight, been there and from just reading your post for 13 years I know you will come out ok. Best of luck/
            I'm already out man, I assure you!

Comment

• Best of luck Forrest.. I met you once back in the late 90's at the street races and talked to you about your wagon.. I guess you were alright lol
              "PSH!!!"

Comment

• Where do you live? Now I want to come to your house.
                WH

Comment

• No

Comment

• Originally posted by Stephen View Post
                    Best of luck Forrest.. I met you once back in the late 90's at the street races and talked to you about your wagon.. I guess you were alright lol
                    thanks man!!!!!!!! long time no see

Comment

• I have not met you but Adam/threefingerpete/my roommate has said nothing but good things.

Best of luck to you sir.
                      Originally posted by lincolnboy
                      After watching Games of Thrones, makes me glad i was not born in those years.

Comment

• "Sometimes it's the journey teaches you a lot about your destination."

Thought about this song when reading your posts.
                        Good luck on your journey.

Comment

• Originally posted by Denny View Post
                          No
                          Not you. Besides don't you live in guam or something
                          WH

Comment

• Good luck with whatever it may be!

Comment

• Originally posted by Gasser64 View Post
                              Not you. Besides don't you live in guam or something
                              Does he?

Comment

• Wow. Just got back in from the gulf and I'm at New Orleans airport with not a lot of time to wax philosophical, but I remember your transformation from a flip flop wearing junkyarder to a fine employee at Siemens. Sounds like you've carved out a path starting then that had many forks that led various directions and have learned a lot along the way. So I'm sure you'll be fine.... Let me know sometime what you're up to.

Comment

Working...
                                X