No announcement yet.

Who knows lost title procedures? Texas DMV

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I have a ladys number that did one for me. cost me bout $450 very easy process. Bonded titles aren't a big deal

Comment

Originally posted by SMKR View Post
      Even if it's from another state? It has right at $1500 in back registration and penalties in California, but i figured if I came here I could not have to deal with that. Does it transfer state to state?
      It did for the two first gen Camaros I bought from there so you might want to double check. I parted one out and restored the other and still had to haul it down to have an inspection done and get a green sheet before I could even do anything with the title.

FYI. You fart outside and Cali will charge a fee for air pollution.

Comment

Originally posted by kobuzz View Post
        It did for the two first gen Camaros I bought from there so you might want to double check. I parted one out and restored the other and still had to haul it down to have an inspection done and get a green sheet before I could even do anything with the title.

FYI. You fart outside and Cali will charge a fee for air pollution.
        Yeah, I wouldn't count on CA not getting their money. The seller knows this, and is probably why it's so cheap.

Comment

I miss the old lost title days...

Comment

Originally posted by Big A View Post
            Yeah, I wouldn't count on CA not getting their money. The seller knows this, and is probably why it's so cheap.
            Yea, I assumed that if it was a California buyer, but I figured going out of state exempted you from paying their state fees. I need to just go down to the dmv and find out for sure, they wouldn't answer their phones today.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G925A using Tapatalk

Comment

FWIW the seller could get a replacement title for $20, which would keep you from having to go bonded, but likely won't due to the back registration fees.

Comment

Also to note, the DMV sends all unpaid registration to the FTB, which will then garnish wages/accounts where possible to collect the fees. I can only assume that this would be considered a lien, which has to be satisfied before being granted a bonded title.

I will be shocked if you aren't required to settle up with CA before getting a title. Use this to negotiate price, and let him know that it'll be another $450 off for a bonded title, if he doesn't want to get a duplicate title.

Too good to be true usually is...

Comment

And now the rest if the story....

I just spent two hours on the phone with the California dmv, that vehicle would be a nightmare title wise for me here in Texas. The owner in 2001 still has a lien against it, and it isn't the guy selling it. California said they can't release the title until the original owner at that time satisfies the lien to the lender. Problem is that owner is not in the equation and until he satisfies the lien against it they won't transfer to Texas so it can be titled here. Said the signed lost title form and bill of sale the seller has means jack squat. Take it for what it's worth, that's what their dmv told me..... Looks like too much trouble.... And a parts vehicle....

Comment

Originally posted by 46Tbird View Post
                    glad to hear it

It was a pain in the ass for me.

Let me guess - the vehicle you're talking about had a history of being registered in Texas at some time. Is that right?
                    Yes, it was a TX vehicle. It only cost me a couple hundred or so.

I now realize that out of state is a whole different ballgame!
                    http://www.truthcontest.com/entries/...iversal-truth/

Comment

Originally posted by Cooter View Post
                      Yes, it was a TX vehicle. It only cost me a couple hundred or so.

I now realize that California is a whole different ballgame!
                      Fixed!

You don't want to get crossways with the CA DMV. The laws they have here will fuck you every way possible. The state needs the revenue and it extracts it off the backs of hapless citizens that happen to screw something up.

I have a friend that had a car that would not pass smog. As time passed the state boxed her in to the point that whatever she did it was gonna cost money that she didn't have. Meanwhile, the car sat on the street... until it got towed for no current registration and she had to borrow money from someone to pay to get it back out of impound.

She then had to go through a bunch of paperwork rigamarole and had to jump through her ass to get the state to scrap the car just to stop the expenses.

Comment

Shoot me an email, I can get you setup with a bond.

Tdominguez@allstate.com

I'll even give you a discount if you let me quote your auto/home. No purchase necessary.
                        Allstate Insurance
                        Dominguez Agency
                        1101 E. Bardin Rd. suite 141
                        Arlington, TX. 76018
                        817-405-2011
                        tdominguez@allstate.com
                        Give us a call so we can take a look at your insurance needs, we may be able to save you $$!!

Comment

here is a copy of the last registration, now i need to find a Robert Hefner in Sacramento

Comment

or Elizabeth
                            When the government pays, the government controls.

Comment

Lol correct...

Comment

Originally posted by SMKR View Post
                                here is a copy of the last registration, now i need to find a Robert Hefner in Sacramento

Somebody's still gonna end up paying the back-dated registration, and late fees that will close to double the amount. Factor that into your "worth it" price.

Comment

Working...
                                X