8yr old+ipad = dead jeep battery

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 8yr old+ipad = dead jeep battery

so Jr lost his ipad charger so he has been going into the jeep and charging his ipad overnight for the last few days when needed. everything has been fine until I hopped in to go home for lunch today. the jeep started fine this morn, but wouldn't at lunch. used a jumper box at work to get it started. drove home, put it on my charger in the garage for my normal 2-3hr lunch and it still just clicks, no start. the jeep and battery are almost 2yrs old. do I need to replace the battery, or will it be fine after sitting on the charger all afternoon???

god bless.
    It is easier to build strong children than to repair broken men -Frederick Douglass

Replace the battery. The iPad had nothing to do with it.

Comment

Yup. My battery went bad this morning as well, stopped at Napa on the way in to get a new one.
      WRX

Comment

keep the battery and ipad, replace the vehicle.

wait..........2-3 hour lunch?

Comment

Get a new battery. I'm on battery number four in a six year old Jeep.

Comment

probably all those sweet jumps you keep taking it off of.

get an optima for all your "dirt road" fun times

Comment

Jr's already 8?? Fuck, I'm old.
              Originally posted by davbrucas
              I want to like Slow99 since people I know say he's a good guy, but just about everything he posts is condescending and passive aggressive.

Most people I talk to have nothing but good things to say about you, but you sure come across as a condescending prick. Do you have an inferiority complex you've attempted to overcome through overachievement? Or were you fondled as a child?

You and slow99 should date. You both have passive aggressiveness down pat.

Comment

Get a new jeep, the battery is still good.

Comment

Replace the battery with said iPad.
                  sigpic

Comment

I left my truck parked while I went out of town for a week, came back and it was 3v even after charging overnight. The Ford dealer couldn't figure out why it died, and tested it and the charging system 4 times before the service advisor just had them warranty the battery to get me out of there. I don't ever recall batteries dying so quickly in my older vehicles.

Comment

yall don't think the 16 LED lightbars, and 4 18's and 6amps ive got in there had anything to do with this do you???

god bless.
                      It is easier to build strong children than to repair broken men -Frederick Douglass

Comment

Originally posted by lowthreeohz View Post
                        I left my truck parked while I went out of town for a week, came back and it was 3v even after charging overnight. The Ford dealer couldn't figure out why it died, and tested it and the charging system 4 times before the service advisor just had them warranty the battery to get me out of there. I don't ever recall batteries dying so quickly in my older vehicles.
                        Older cars didn't hand out electrical fuckin's like today's cars.

Comment

batteries arent as good as they once were, and the warranties they come with prove it.
                          "If I asked people what they wanted, they would have said faster horses." - Henry Ford

Comment

That Jeep may also have an "Intelligent Battery Sensor" which could be setting fault codes if you jumped it off. I'd check the battery voltage while cranking, if it's not dropping below 10-11 volts then you might want to disconnect the battery completely for a few minutes and try again.

If it is dropping below 10 volts then the battery is probably toast.

Comment

Got to battery Pro's in Ft Worth, get a refurbished battery for $35.

Comment

Working...
                              X